recovery?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

recovery?

Post by Felix »

after his meltdown at Torrey Pines last week, I figured it would probably take years for Kyle Stanley to recover from something like that....it took all of one week!!!!

pretty astonishing stuff actually....

ben crane finished 2nd with some lights out putting
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: recovery?

Post by Dinsdale »

I think my shitty elbow is on the road to recovery.

Played 9 friday, first time in months. Last time out, last year, I walked off after 7, since it hurt so fucking bad, and I couldn't even put a club on the ball.

Had a little tiny bit of discomfort, but all in all, pretty good.

Now don't get me wrong here -- I stunk it up. Doubles seemed the norm, until the last couple of holes. But I haven't been able to take a proper swing without excrutiating pain for a couple of years. Heck, maybe I can start concentrating on the plane and shit instead of how bad my shit is going to hurt when I make contact. In fact, I got some big clubs (even a hybrid) to check up/come back, which requires taking a divot and hitting down into the bitch -- which has been out of the question last couple of years... just been"sweeping it," which ain't a real accurate way to hit, as you know.

Although after a shitpoo drive on 9, I had about 210 left out of the md and sparse grass, and it had just started raining (add 2 clubs for rain, another 1 for mud). Pulled out the Nike 24* hybrid... and stuck that motherfucker right below the hole. Sure, took me 2 putts on the atrocious greens, but good shots were few and far between for the foursome all day (some rusty bastards).

A little early for decent golf here yet, but within the next couple of weeks, the grass should start getting nice, and the rains get fewer and lighter, and the quicksand goes away for the year.

Any you fucks getting out?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote: Any you fucks getting out?
hauled my clubs down to cabo at the end of January and played at Pamillia Golf Course (http://www.palmillagc.com/index.php) the ocean and arroyo nines....played horribly.....with a slope rating of 137, it's not the kind of course you want to be playing if you're playing badly....

but discovered ezgolf (http://www.ezlinks.com/) and got a pretty sweet discount on the green fees using the name your price feature....$135 for what is normally $210.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My golf buddy is in NC, doing some consulting for some ridiculously wealthy fucks building a huge resort at Little River (part of Pinehurst, I guess).

Part of his itinerary was to play a round yesterday -- so naturally, it rained like a mofo (while it was sunny here).

I laughed.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Dinsdale wrote:Any you fucks getting out?
Try to get out on Thursdays at least 3X a month, year round...beats working, still hack.
Go Bucs, Gators