unrequited hate

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

unrequited hate

Post by War Wagon »

I'll miss this rivalry, whoever wrote this says it better than I could in my most sober moment.

http://www.rockmnation.com/2012/2/2/276 ... e#comments
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: unrequited hate

Post by Bizzarofelice »

was just thinking about that overtime corey tate shot from '97 today. I ran out of the East Campus house I shared with 6 guys and one girl screaming onto University Ave. as others poured out into the street. great night. red solo cups were issued.

norm was on the radio earlier today. surprised at how hearing his voice made me happy. sounds like he's lost a couple of steps recently. he was doing some TV color comments last year or the year prior but today he sounded off.

hope the seniors get a win at home. they had to put up with Mike Anderson disappearing halfway through last season and the tumult that followed.

i know columbia was proud of that attendance record from College Gameday the day we beat OU so they'll turn out for tomorrow's college gameday even though its s'posed to pour tonight.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

This is the new frontier of college athletics guys and I think it kind of sucks. No more kicking the shit out of neighbors on a regular basis.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Good Lord. Woke up this morning with butterflies. Can only imagine how the Tigers must be feeling...

Oh, and just for fun:

War Mizzou.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

And why won't Mizzou and KU just schedule each other on a yearly basis, like Louisville-UK, Wisky-Marquette, Mizzou-Illinois, etc. ?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Oh, Mizzou is willing... It's the Beakers that want no part of the rivalry.

1) They're building a football program in Lawrence - allegedly - and can't stomach the thought of an out-of-conference blow-out loss to Mizzou in Kansas City - their newly declared recruiting backyard Image). Great recruiting strategy, Weis: Why compete with the best when you can lose weekly near the comforts of home?

Of course, the Tigers wouldn't mind an easy win to pad their schedule before SEC conference play, or the opportunity to remind the area's young football talent which side of the state line the game is properly played...

2) Bill Self is a dick. He regards the Tigers are Big XII turncoats, and his take is that his Squawks can play before a sell out crowd at Sprint Center (no way that game ever plays home-and-home on campus again) just as easily by scheduling the likes of a Davidson (how'd that work out, Bill?) as opposed to appeasing the rabidity of BOTH schools.

Eventually, somebody will toss a kajillion dollars at this series and it will continue, or Bill Self will die. Short of the annual Border War grudge match played on the ice at the Independence Events Center (Mizzou won 14-3 this year - Scoreboard, Bitches!), it's gonna be a looonnnnggg time before these two schools square off against each other again.
Last edited by Truman on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

KU won't play MU, because they are pussies, who claim, MU left them, so, like a scorned lover, they said it's over. Bill Self said there is no reason to play MU, ever. If KU even had a chance to bolt from Big12, they would of. Big12 is only lasting, as long as Texas and OU stay. I've heard rumors that they are already looking for a pac12 place in 2014, if not earlier.

People need to remember, Mizzou asked every Big12 member, in 2011, to give a 20 year blood oath, to save the conference, Texas and OU said fuck you. And when OU said they were exploring their options, MU said, we'll fuck this, and went to SEC.

So, the 2nd longest Football rivalry in CFB, and one of the best CBB rivalries, not manufactured by ESPN, will be dead, because the Beakers are pussies.

I'm sure some of the other Big10 fan bases are annoying to MSU fan, but you will never know the dbaggery that KU fans are. You would of thought they have 8 NCAA basketball titles the last decade. And there is nothing more faggery, than a peep with a Royals Jersey and a KU hat on.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Ever been been to the K for the series, 'del? Even worse faggotry is the Loser dressed in a Cards jersey and KU hat. Talk about 'ZouFan seeing red... :brad:
Last edited by Truman on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

surprised at this turncoat talk considering 33% of the conference decided the conference sucked and left. 33% of the conference decided long-standing rivalries and tradition were outweighed by the idea of being in a different conference. and a completely different 33% of the conference would have bolted last year if the PAC and the Longhorn Network found a way to co-exist.

Hubert Davis was talking about the anxiety and nervous energy when you're about to play your big rival. Loved hearing that.

And football and hoops are different. In football cupcakes mean keeping up with all the other teams who schedule cupcakes for their entire OOC schedule to get good bowl bids and exposure. In hoops one less Davidson and one more Mizzou on the schedule isn't going to be the difference between a one seed and playing in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I would think the excitement of a Mizzou KU game would bring excitement to the programs.
Last edited by Bizzarofelice on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:Ever been over here for the series, 'del? Even worse faggotry is the Loser dressed in a Cards jersey and KU hat...
what? you'd expect him to wear a Royals hat?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Truman wrote:Ever been over here for the series, 'del? Even worse faggotry is the Loser dressed in a Cards jersey and KU hat...
Been over for KC-Cards, KU-MU bball in lowrents, and KU-MU at arrowhead. Lowrents was the worst.

To me, Cardinal fan with Illanoy hat is 2nd to KC jersey and KU hat. A Cardinal jersey and KU hat wouldn't work on this side of the state, he would be talked too.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

No, Bace, it's just you people send all your douchebags to Kansas to complete school, and we west-siders hafta deal with the mess. Oh, we see you workin'....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Good Lord. Woke up this morning with butterflies. Can only imagine how the Tigers must be feeling...

Oh, and just for fun:

War Mizzou.
bwa! Love it.

Dear God, I can't bear the thought of losing to these douchebags tonight. I'll be depressed for days if that happens. MU needs Ratliffe to have a game like he did at Baylor and Denman needs to shoot the fucking lights out.

Gameday was a hoot, Mizzoufan shows up big and the Tiger cheerleaders are the hottest bitches on the planet.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mizzou had the hottest cheerleaders in the big 8. texas takes the big 12 crown.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Game time.

I trust you all are dressed in your luckiest of Missouri gear.

Let's bring this home, bros....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MIZ-
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

ZOU

KU ain't missing many shots, though.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Aight. Five up, and we have the Taliban reeling.

Good half. Let's finish this...

*Edit. Welcome home, Marcus Denmon.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Marcus came, he saw, he intends to conquer.

Love my True Son and brother Truman, no matter what happens.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Christmas.

Fuck Tyshon Taylor. Fuck Thomas Robinson.

Fuck Bill Self.

And fuck Kansas.

Not on our floor.

We are Mizzou.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

wow, just wow.

I thought we wuz beat.

Marcus Denmon, I love that guy.

I love this team.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Steeeeve was huge, no talent dude played his heart out.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Rack Mizzou. My second favorite team to watch this year outside of MSU. Those guards sure can rebound.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

true sons
--denmon; KC
--moore; KC
--dixon; KC
--english; baltimore MD but we've adopted him.

bitches
--bradley beal; st louis
--bj young; st louis
--otto porter; sikeston
--mclemore; st louis
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Don't forget Laurence Bowers, Bace (looking resplendant in coat and tie at the end of the Mizzou bench, might I add)...

Kid is a torn ACL from being in The Rotation, and an inside presence that would've come in handy this March. Another True Son.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I've been reading some at phog.net today and oh my are those beaker bitches howling over those charging calls and foul disparity in general. I love seeing them cry. KU has never lost a game the refs didn't job them out of.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Good stuff in this thread. Just wondering if I should point out that Mizzou fan might want to crack open a dictionary and look up unrequited though.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ya. Could probably strike up better basketball conversation at my local morgue.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Bizzarofelice wrote:true sons
--denmon; KC
--moore; KC
--dixon; KC

bitches
--bradley beal; st louis
--bj young; st louis
--otto porter; sikeston
--mclemore; st louis
C'mon, cannot blame those kids. Suit Case Mike did not recruit. If you weren't his relative or a friends kids, you weren't being recruited. And then he completely quit on recruiting, once he knew Pelphrey was done and his agent had began working on his way out(during season). He didn't even go see BJ young. And you forgot the kid who's going to Notre Dame next season, told by Suitcase, that he didn't fit his system. This kid can play in any system. Porter? He stopped recruiting. Beal? He didn't get his lazy ass out of columbia to see him, till his Junior year, and that was only 2 visits?? While Donovan was there his freshman year.

This MU team plays with heart, they give everything out there. Only 7 deep, no size and they continue to play their arses off.

Fuck Suitcase Mike

1-7 conference road record last season
0-7 and counting this year! enjoy Hog fans
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Shine wrote:Just wondering if I should point out that Mizzou fan might want to crack open a dictionary and look up unrequited though.
what? I was thought it was in reference to the latest lines from KU fans about the rivalry:
--um, we don't care if you leave
--we don't hate Mizzou. they are not the rivals that KState are. those guys are tough.
--we never notice you, Mizzou
--we don't need to play mizzou cause we have sweet non-con teams like Davidson scheduled.
--so what if you leave. we like TCU more.
--Fred Phelps is awesome and we're hanging out with him instead of talking to you
--we like Conference USA and it'll be sweet when we play there.

you think the thread author meant unadulterated hate? unflinching?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Adelpiero wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:true sons
--denmon; KC
--moore; KC
--dixon; KC

bitches
--bradley beal; st louis
--bj young; st louis
--otto porter; sikeston
--mclemore; st louis
C'mon, cannot blame those kids.
If they don't transfer back to town, fuck them. porter and beal have been great this year. but fuck 'em.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

14 made 3-pointers today, what a performance. These guys are assasins who feed off each other. One guy gets hot and the others follow suit. Thankfully, because they were getting killed on the glass today.

Lot of ball left to be played but this team has earned a #1 seed, even if they lose at KU and finish 2nd in the conference.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

not sure if Mizzou is a #1 seed, but a strong 2 right now.

after Anderson bailing and the Painter public fiasco....not sure i would have put Frank Haith and the Tigers right here, right now (to quote a shit song from the late 80's).

but hey, if it works.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Was at Mizzou Arena this past Saturday.

First trip this year. What a kick-ass venue!

Game turned on Big Steve, plain-and-simple. Tigers looked scared on the boards the first 20 minutes. Thinking Haith lit a fire at half. Mizzou fought for every board after intrmission, and I believe outrebounded Baylor in the second half.

Big Steve was the difference. His line wasn't pretty, but he contested everything down low. Gawd, I love these kids!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diego in Mizzou wrote:Gawd, I love these kids!
:shock:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Was at Mizzou Arena this past Saturday.

First trip this year. What a kick-ass venue!

Game turned on Big Steve, plain-and-simple. Tigers looked scared on the boards the first 20 minutes. Thinking Haith lit a fire at half. Mizzou fought for every board after intrmission, and I believe outrebounded Baylor in the second half.

Big Steve was the difference. His line wasn't pretty, but he contested everything down low. Gawd, I love these kids!
I love Steeeeeeeeeeve as well... whatever minutes he gets, he plays his heart out. You can't measure his impact at the defensive end on the stat sheet. Thomas Robinson and the entire Baylor front line want none of him.

But the game turned on four different players hitting five 3-pointers in a span of about 2 minutes, none of them named Steve Moore.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Tell'n ya Wags, Big Steve fightin' for boards in the second half set the tone..

Yeah, Flip, Marcus, and Mike were nailz, but Steeeeeeve mixing it up in the the Land of the Giants brought the energy. I was there, dawg. The building feasted on Big Steve's efforts. Big guy was a game changer....
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

hope big steve moore tears the head off of that cunt on okie states bench
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:hope big steve moore tears the head off of that cunt on okie states bench
They're tearing somebody's head off tonight which is what I expected. Up 20 at he half. I don't think they'll let up either. Still pretty pissed off about what happened in Stillwater. I hope they remember what happened in Manhattan half as well.