NFL Playoffs - Fantasy Playoff Game

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: NFL Playoffs - Fantasy Playoff Game

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Scott would you be interested in posting this in the JAFFL Forum and going for $10/entry to the winner?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

In (Power of the Schwartz)

I suppose I'd be up for a $10 game...have you already mailed my check? If you have, I might just pass on playing. I should remember that for next year...have you hold off on mailing out my winning until we know what we're doing with the playoffs.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie -- unless I win, you will be mailing your $10 to another person regardless. So don't let the fact that your check was already mailed deter you from playing.

I am not being the treasurer for this game. All losing participants will send $10 to the winner.

In a perfect world, all participants have a Pay Pal account and we just shoot the money over electronically (with no fees.)
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

IN
$10 or for fun either way works for me
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm in for a Hamilton...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

godzilla2002 wrote:IN
$10 or for fun either way works for me
it'll be more fun if you send me $10.

thanks!
HockeyMom
Female Sportsfanatic

Post by HockeyMom »

count me in for $10
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Congrats Scott - send me an addy where you want the $10 sent, and no, I'm not fucking around with PayPal.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

envelope and stamp for Hockey Mom and myself PM me the info and good job Scott!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ya' know Scott, even the name of your street reeks of presumption. I'm sure that's why you chose to move there.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

37 Cox Lane?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Congrats Scott...I'll throw my check in the mail this weekend.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:37 Cox Lane?
Rack any and all Clerks resets.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

KC Scott wrote:Felix is paid - thanks to quick and easy paypal :grin:
So your bet with Felix was for $9.65?

:?

Oh, the price we pay for convenience...

Unless you have Accounts Receivable issues, Scott, I'd think you'd be better off letting the losers spring for the $0.44 to deliver your winnings... But that's just me. :P
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bullshit. Somebody is paying. Perhaps a "handling fee" paid by the losers? I'd still make you wait. Cards aren't free.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Ah. An ACH fee. Either a bank statement line-item surcharge, or built into your monthly service fee. Collect enough of them, and you'll find that convenience isn't "free" either. Banks and payment gateways don't give anything away. :wink:
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

You keep a minimum balance in your checking account.

If not, then you pay a monthly service fee.

Regardless, a minimal number of transactions are in included "gratis" with your bank account. However, when this threshhold is reached (whatever the number), I PROMISE you that fees are charged to the ACH originator (you). And I can assure you all activity is accounted for. Try collecting in this fashion 50 times next month and get back to me. Banks do nothing for free.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:You keep a minimum balance in your checking account.

If not, then you pay a monthly service fee.

Regardless, a minimal number of transactions are in included "gratis" with your bank account. However, when this threshhold is reached (whatever the number), I PROMISE you that fees are charged to the ACH originator (you). And I can assure you all activity is accounted for. Try collecting in this fashion 50 times next month and get back to me. Banks do nothing for free.
Jesus Christ. You don't keep a minimum balance in your checking account?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Might wanna take another run at it, Goobs.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

KC Scott wrote:The paypal thing is easy and 95% of the time I use my CC as payment (war Marriott points) - the other 5% are if I'm sending cash, I use the gift. we used it in the JAFFL - don't know if anyone got dinged with any extra charges or not.
Do you select the "recipient pays" fee option when you use your card? Just curious. As for cash...

They'll drop it in your PayPal account for convenient online shopping :meds: ; generate an ACH which takes 3-5 days to process; or ding you a $1.50 for a check. No thanks. I'd trust BSmack to mail me payment before I'd give up an email addy to PayPal.
If this thread has done one thing, it's revealed your blood hate for paypal and banks.
"Blood hate" is a bit strong. As it pertains to the usurious fees they charge small business? They're a pack of rats. But as competitors? Meh. Not so much.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:Image

Might wanna take another run at it, Goobs.

Our own little book of the month club.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Truman wrote:Try collecting in this fashion 50 times next month and get back to me.
And if he doesn't? I mean, that's the point right? Let's not talk about what could happen. Let's talk about what did happen.

As the JAFFL treasurer the last 4 years (and someone who uses paypal for most league transactions), I've gotten nailed with exactly one transaction surcharge during this time. $1.50 is a pittance to pay when compared to the cost of stamps, envelopes, checks, and my time. I am not sure how good you are at math and/or know what a CBA is in the financial world, but I am fairly certain you're a complete fucking idiot. Get out of the Stone Age, loser.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Oh, for cat’s sake.

This is the kind of take we should all expect from a Loser operating with a ‘roid saturated brain swimming in a sac of Creatine.

Drilling his dome to relieve the pressure would only dull the bit.

BTW, since this Board no longer deals in hypotheticals, I am relieved to learn that I will no longer be subjected to reading your shit-take predictions come next fall.

Do you own a gym, ucan’t?

<Flips thru Scott’s Spreadsheet…
Home address, check…
Body type, check…
Bench max, check...
Favorite Polo shirt colors, check…
Hmm. No mention of employment.
>

Regardless, whether you own the place, manage it or simply work out there, if your gym is using a PayPal gateway to process recurring monthly membership, then you people are too fucking stupid to remain in business over the long term.

A couple of points, and then I’ll leave you to your back acne and shrunken testicles. Try to keep up, ‘tard:

I’m happy you’re pleased with PayPal. Read that again: I’m glad the service works out for you. Scoreboard you. Where I’m sideways with PayPal is that you are forced to open an account with them to play. Why do I care? Because you are paid in PayPal credits – which may be redeemed only with PayPal merchants. Yes, there are other payment options, and I’ve outlined those above. But “free” PayPal accounts are provided because those rat-fucks KNOW that they are gonna get theirs. Ever-body gonna get paid.

Why does any of this matter? Because a PayPal merchant/money recipient is subjected to a processing fee of 2.90% + $0.30 for every credit/debit card transaction. This is fucking train-robbery. AMEX doesn’t even charge this much for its fees.

Don’t believe me?

Let’s say you open up your league to 20 Jackasses next fall. Yes it’s a hypothetical, Dickweed, but it applies to any number of scenarios. And let’s say all 19 of your fellow Jackasses elect to pay the $20 entry fee with a debit card issued by a Regulated Bank. The cards issued by their Regulated Banks carries an interchange value of 0.05% + $0.22. So paying $0.23 to process a $20 transaction is no big deal.

But PayPal doesn’t charge bank interchange to process a card. They have their own fees. And PayPal gives the card holder the option for the money issuer or the money recipient to pay their processing fee.

Since you’re ucan’t , I’m positive most thinking people would select the latter.

Using PayPal, that same bank card transaction that has a net cost of $0.23 becomes $0.88 – or 4.4% of the actual transaction. Take that figure times 19 – and you’ve just barfed up $16.72 in fees. And PayPal has just pocketed $12.12 in profits.

Take that margin times millions of transactions….

So to address your rant: Yes, I’m comfortable with the math, you paste-eating asshat. There are better ways to do business. Dumbass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
As the JAFFL treasurer the last 4 years (and someone who uses paypal for most league transactions), I've gotten nailed with exactly one transaction surcharge during this time. $1.50 is a pittance to pay when compared to the cost of stamps, envelopes, checks, and my time. I am not sure how good you are at math and/or know what a CBA is in the financial world, but I am fairly certain you're a complete fucking idiot. Get out of the Stone Age, loser.
The first year, Scott had to drag you kicking and screaming out of the Stone Age, and now you're throwing them? Initially, you were dead set against using Paypal.

I had used Paypal as far back as 2001 for ebay transactions and decided I'd rather keep the USPS in business instead of them. Maybe it's better now, but they pissed me off then and I won't use them again.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Truman wrote:Because a PayPal merchant/money recipient is subjected to a processing fee of 2.90% + $0.30 for every credit/debit card transaction.
Not if the money is "sent as a gift." The rest of your drivel isn't worth responding to.

If I only use paypal for the occasional fantasy football transaction and I am charged a fee of $1.50 once in 4 years, who gives a fuck what fees other people are paying? It doesn't affect me. It doesn't affect Scott. It doesn't affect anyone in our league.

What the fuck is your point? We are not being charged any fees. You "get this" right?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Are you truly this fucking stupid?

If I throw a card at your little circle jerk, it’s gonna cost you $0.88. Which in the scope of all things makes PayPal fucking retarded.

My point, asshat, is that there is a better and more efficient way to do business. Dumbass.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Wrong. If you choose to use paypal in such a manner that a fee gets generated, that's your problem. We do not pay any fees. If the league entry fee is $20 and you try sending me $19.12, then guess what... pal? You're not in the league. I return your money to sender. All $19.12 sans any fees.

Is your time free? A 10 minute trip to the bank must cost a 'minimum wage earning' bottom feeder such as yourself at least $1.25 right? The last time I checked, that's more than $0.88. And we haven't even touched upon the cost of checks, envelopes, and stamps yet. Face it. Your Bizarro World take makes no sense, dude.

For the last time; We don't pay fees. If you would choose to, go right ahead. It's not our problem.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:Shoalzie is now off the deadbeat list
He's still on the cousin-fucking list though, right?