SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!!

Post by War Wagon »

Sorry, 'spray... had my post all queued up and then had to watch Mizzou goal line stand right before the half before mashing submit.

definitely an ass-whupping, boys seem right at home in Shreveport.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

for kicks during halftime, I'm going to go thru the Bowl Pick'em threads so I can laff at all the dumbfucks who picked UNC and nod sagely towards those wise enough to take Mizzou. :grin:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:boys seem right at home in Shreveport.
They ought to, considering how often they call it their bowl game home.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:for kicks during halftime, I'm going to go thru the Bowl Pick'em threads so I can laff at all the dumbfucks who picked UNC and nod sagely towards those wise enough to take Mizzou. :grin:

Oh, puh-leez.

If I hadn't have picked UNC, Mizzou would be getting killed right now.

I've had the bizzaro-midas touch.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

~flies right over 'Spray's head~

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

M-I-Z...

...S-E-C!!!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:
Well, it IS, traditionally, an SEC bowl partner...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

...for a team that finishes well out of the running for any decent bowl game.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:...for a team that finishes well out of the running for any decent bowl game.
What bowl game is Southern Cal playing in this year?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:
Perhaps they've seen the last of Shreveport for awhile.

Pretty proud of my boys, especially James Franklin. I hated it that Gabbert left early but then again, I didn't really know what they had behind him.

As for the premature ejaculations over the SEC move (of which I'm still not all that enamored), technically and in reality, they're still a XII school and will remain so until at least July 1st, 2012. So this bowl win goes in the XII column and like I've said when folks try to denigrate this conference... wait until the bowl games play out.

1-0

That said, like it or not, we're coming to the SEC with a loaded fucking gun.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:That said, like it or not, we're coming to the SEC with a loaded fucking gun.
:lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Truman wrote:
Van wrote:...for a team that finishes well out of the running for any decent bowl game.
What bowl game is Southern Cal playing in this year?
They're on bullshit probation, so they're not playing in a bowl game. Considering the fact that they finished the year ranked #5 in the nation anyway, you can rest assured that had they been eligible they wouldn't have been relegated to playing a meh ACC team in a 2/3rds empty stadium in Shreveport on the day after Christmas.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

ImageImage
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:They're on bullshit probation, so they're not playing in a bowl game.
No way, really? You don't say, why, I never...

Is 'bullshit' probation like one rung up, or down, from 'double secret' probation?
Last edited by War Wagon on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dunno. Ask Ohio St.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Dunno. Ask Ohio St.
Why, you namby pamby vagina, you.

It's ok, I understand your bitterman routine by now.

Me, I shall revel in a stellar performance from my mediocre team in a mediocre bowl against an equally mediocre ACC team... if that's ok with you, of course.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Embrace the mediocrity! Embrace the mediocrity!

:paul: <---- Not sure why I put that there.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Not sure why I put that there.
Your elitist tendencies, of course.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, well, I'd kill to be able to eat a fucking Twinkie right now. Or even...

:xxxl:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

For you then Van, with my best after Christmas regards.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"They" didn't cheat, and you're talking about a team full of players who were in grade school when the Reggie Bush thing happened. This team is ranked #5 and would kick the living shit out of Auburn.

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:"They" didn't cheat,

Yeah, right...

Van wrote:This team is ranked #5 and would kick the living shit out of Auburn.

Ummm.... what team in the country wouldn't beat the shit out of Allbarn ???

They barely beat "Utah State" at HOME.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Van wrote:"They" didn't cheat, and you're talking about a team full of players who were in grade school when the Reggie Bush thing happened. This team is ranked #5 and would kick the living shit out of Auburn.

No, Reggie Bush did and knew damn well what he was doing. It sucks that these guys are paying for it now and that Petey jumped ship before the truth surfaced, but if the program isn't punished then this becomes the norm.

What I would like to see is one of the current players sue Reggie Bush, his family, the agent who paid for the house, etc for the loss of visibility, potential decreased draft stock etc. Reggie got the benefits and has zero consequences for it. The current players got zero benefit and all the consequences.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:What I would like to see is one of the current players sue Reggie Bush, his family, the agent who paid for the house, etc for the loss of visibility, potential decreased draft stock etc. Reggie got the benefits and has zero consequences for it. The current players got zero benefit and all the consequences.

While I agree with the sentiment...

How much was this person's draft stock educed?

How much did the decreased visibility cost them, exactly?

I'm no lawyer, but I know this would get laughed out of court. It would make a point, though.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Ideally this would be brought by someone who was drafted in the last couple of rounds.

There is no way this is laughed out of court given what we see on dockets today. The burden of proof is much reduced in a civil case and there is a clear loss. Just start adding up all the swag the BCS bowls hand out, the trip, the meals, etc.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Lefty, other than for the fact that it'll never happen, I have no problem with your idea. I'd even take it one step further. In a case like USC's, where the university and football program were financially damaged by the actions of one player and an agent who wasn't affiliated with the school, I'd like the see some recourse given to that university to recoup damages. While Dins makes a valid point about it being nearly impossible to project damages in hypothetical draft situations for individual players, okay, what about lost bowl revenue/TV revenue/scholarship costs/etc?

USC lost a lot of $$ because of this affair, and neither the university nor the football program—save one long-ago player—benefitted whatsoever from any of it.

That will always be the point about this that bothers me most. This was the opposite of, say, the Ohio St scandal, or Auburn buying themselves a genetic freak in Scam Knewnothing. In those instances, the football programs directly benefitted. In the Reggie Bush deal, we had an agent trying to poach a guy who was already a star at USC. Nothing took place there that even had a chance of benefitting USC or the football program. It wasn't as if Reggie was going to leave the program unless he received financial benefits from some agent. He was already there, he wasn't going anywhere, and which rented house his stepdad kept his shit in wasn't going to affect Reggie's eligibility or his play on the field. He and his family simply had a cushier time of things, is all.

Contrast that with a head coach who went out of his way to deceive the NCAA in order to play five guys in a BCS bowl game who should've been ineligible to play. Ohio St's cheating gained them a direct advantage on the field. So did Auburn's. Hell, it bought them one year of on-field relevancy.

Yeah, definitely, let the universities sue cheating players and coaches. Absolutely.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

USC didn't benefit from having Reggie Bush (a cheater who had yet to be caught) on the field? I would beg to differ.

As for the current players who are suffering from the sins of Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll.....they chose to attend a school that was under investigation when they committed to USC and they had the option to enroll elsewhere. USC is paying the price for those sins right now and in no way should they be allowed to recoup their lost revenue...unless they want to fork over all of the revenue they received during the Bush years. Cheaters have to be punished and giving them the opportunity to regain their financial losses is like sentencing a killer to life in prison and then allowing his family to sue the state for financial losses. No, USC...and tOSU...need to take their punishment and move on. And that is exactly what will happen. Besides, I don't think you really want to give Bush an opportunity to reveal all of the other illegal activities going on at USC during the Petey years, do you? I mean, Reggie might decide that some of the other cheating players, and Petey, should be paying their fair share of the damages too.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:USC didn't benefit from having Reggie Bush (a cheater who had yet to be caught) on the field? I would beg to differ.
Go ahead and beg. USC was going to have Reggie on the field whether those agents tried to poach him or not. See, this wasn't a recruiting violation. He wasn't taking handouts from USC boosters. No one forged his grades or took clases for him in order to keep him eligible. No one within the USC program was providing him with any illegal benefits, much less doing so in order to put him/keep him on the field.

This was simply one rogue player giving himself and his family a cushier life off the field, unbeknownst to the university.

Once can argue whether the university should have known, but no one can argue that they gained anything from it.

As for the current players who are suffering from the sins of Reggie Bush and Pete Carroll.....
Pete was neither accused of nor found to be in violation of anything except allowing too many celebs and whatsuch on the field...something every school does, according to their ability to draw local celebs. He was never found to be in violation of anything else.

Only Reggie was found to be in violation, along with the basketball program.
they chose to attend a school that was under investigation when they committed to USC and they had the option to enroll elsewhere. USC is paying the price for those sins right now and in no way should they be allowed to recoup their lost revenue...unless they want to fork over all of the revenue they received during the Bush years.
Except they didn't cheat. One player did, and he didn't cheat via the program. He cheated completely independent of it.
Cheaters have to be punished and giving them the opportunity to regain their financial losses is like sentencing a killer to life in prison and then allowing his family to sue the state for financial losses.
That analogy would hold true in Ohio St's case, where the head of the program was one of the guilty parties. It doesn't hold true in USC's case. They weren't the killer. Reggie was. The victim is USC. That's who got killed.
No, USC...and tOSU...need to take their punishment and move on. And that is exactly what will happen. Besides, I don't think you really want to give Bush an opportunity to reveal all of the other illegal activities going on at USC during the Petey years, do you? I mean, Reggie might decide that some of the other cheating players, and Petey, should be paying their fair share of the damages too.
If he can prove it in court, and if USC really feared such things, you'd have a point. If he can't and they didn't, either way, let it all come out. As it stands now, USC got raped by the actions of one guy. Well, one guy plus a ridiculously vindictive, hypocritical NCAA.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Yes, USC is being punished because of "one guy", but he was your guy, and because of his illegal activities/benefits, he was an ineligible player. So, while he was on the field, he shouldn't have been.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Fuck it, I should just start following NASCAR instead, or maybe even curling. No one ever received an NCAA sanction in curling, right?

:|

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Van wrote:Fuck it, I should just start following NASCAR instead, or maybe even curling. No one ever received an NCAA sanction in curling, right? :|
Well, I'm not a fan of either but I'm pretty sure they also get punished for cheating in NASCAR, and would guess they whine about it too.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So Van, your plan is that players can do whatever the hell they want, as long as the head coach (assistantants are OK) doesn't find out, and that shouldn't effect their eligibility?

Why don't you back up and take another run at it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:So Van, your plan is that players can do whatever the hell they want, as long as the head coach (assistantants are OK) doesn't find out, and that shouldn't effect their eligibility?
How on earth did you get that from what I posted? Pretty much, I posted the exact opposite of that. I said that in conjunction with Lefty's idea the university should also be able to sue cheating players and coaches.

Are you even awake yet?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam, my usual deal with Dins is I don't correct him on spelling/grammar gaffes until he repeats his error, at which point I know it wasn't just a typo. I'm fairly hopeful sure that Dins knows when to use effect/affect, and had he actually read what he wrote it would've stabbed him right in his jaundiced eyeball.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oh, please, I/we hardly "nail" anyone! It takes a lot before I'll even bother. Considering the fact that 95% of the posts on these boards would get hammered from pillar to post were I/we to go after every one that contained grammar errors, I/we rarely correct people.

I think you're being generous with your "first cup of coffee" excuse for Dins. Now that I really think about it, I'm guessing he didn't just wake up. Nope, I think he must have been on the fleeting edge of consciousness following a 48-hour Hunter S. Thompson bender replete with sexual vomit, flung housepets, rubber sheets, blacked-out windows, and a visit from Portland's Hostage Rescue team. And that was all after he tossed the one-eyed bitch seven dollars for cab fare before sending her on her wretched way.

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Van wrote:Oh, please, I/we hardly "nail" anyone! It takes a lot before I'll even bother. Considering the fact that 95% of the posts on these boards would get hammered from pillar to post were I/we to go after every one that contained grammar errors, I/we rarely correct people.

I think you're being generous with your "first cup of coffee" excuse for Dins. Now that I really think about it, I'm guessing he didn't just wake up. Nope, I think he must have been on the fleeting edge of consciousness following a 48-hour Hunter S. Thompson bender replete with sexual vomit, flung housepets, rubber sheets, blacked-out windows, and a visit from Portland's Hostage Rescue team. And that was all after he tossed the one-eyed bitch seven dollars for cab fare before sending her on her wretched way.
Auto-correct cloud
Up here in the U & L
Skanks flow like manna
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.