Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Just Die Baby

Post by BSmack »

RIP Al Davis

Thoughts and prayers Raider Nation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/70743 ... se-unknown
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Just Die Baby

Post by Shoalzie »

Well played...we'd also accept "A Commitment to Rigamortis".

RIP...of course he had to kick it just when the Raidahs are back to being respectable. Do RaidahFans even mourn his death or do they just go punch a ChargerFan?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mourn?

They're probably out celebrating by breaking windows and starting dumpster fires.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

The Greatest Raider Ever - RIP Mr. Davis
Last edited by Sirfindafold on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

That's what makes it tough, War Wagon.
His Hall of Fame worthy contributions to the NFL, helping it move toward the league we love, are indisputable. His leadership, rebellion, and willingness to buck the establishment while the Raiders won 3 Super Bowls and earning countless playoff appearances are legendary.
Did he hold on too long into an era where his style didn't work? Yep.
Should it tarnish his legacy? That's a tough one to answer simply but I'll still mourn the passing of an AFL/NFL giant.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The sad thing is, this team better not stay in the family.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

When Davis is buried he will be buried standing so as to reaffirm his commitment to "going vertical."
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Flawed Logic wrote:His Hall of Fame worthy contributions to the NFL, helping it move toward the league we love, are indisputable.
No arguement here, along with Lamar Hunt, Bud Adams, etc. they were charter members of the "foolish club", the owners who started the AFL of which was said that it would never work.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

What a guy he was. Rest in peace Al Davis. Thinking of you Raider Nation.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I call bullshit. Everyone knows the Crypt Keeper has been dead goin' on 10 years now. Wouldn't surprise me to see him holding a presser come Tuesday...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Al Davis

Post by smackaholic »

Deader than Ted Kennedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel good story of the week.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Al Davis

Post by smackaholic »

Well, it seems I've been GDed by the NFL forum. Oh well.

'spose I should piss on a AFC west fan in his memory if i see one today.

RIP Al.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Well, it seems I've been GDed by the NFL forum. Oh well.

'spose I should piss on a AFC west fan in his memory if i see one today.

RIP Al.
A Charger hat will do.

sin

CMike

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Truman wrote:I call bullshit. Everyone knows the Crypt Keeper has been dead goin' on 10 years now. Wouldn't surprise me to see him holding a presser come Tuesday...
:bode:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Image Nice scoop Bri.

Gheesh, first Steve Jobs and now Algore..two geniuses in one week...who's next? Pelosi?
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The league is going to be a lot more dull without him. It's been a pleasure hating on him over the years.

RIP
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

What a legend along with Lamar Hunt. RIP Mr. Davis and having a good thought for Raider nation.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Toddowen wrote: The Bolts should offer some kind of tribute out of respect, as should every team up against the Raiders for the rest of the year, most of which would never have been born without Al Davis.
Great idea, Todd. Maybe they should name the AFC Championship trophy after Davis, as it appears nobody else is worthy...

Oh, wait...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:
Toddowen wrote: The Bolts should offer some kind of tribute out of respect, as should every team up against the Raiders for the rest of the year, most of which would never have been born without Al Davis.
Great idea, Todd. Maybe they should name the AFC Championship trophy after Davis, as it appears nobody else is worthy...

Oh, wait...
Only because Hunt died first.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Toddowen wrote: The Bolts should offer some kind of tribute out of respect, as should every team up against the Raiders for the rest of the year,
Let's not get carried away.

Personally, I will be pulling for the Duhs on Sunday just this once. I hope they blast Autumn Wind in the locker room then come out raging and kick the dicks off of the Texans.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:
Truman wrote:

Oh, wait...
Only because Hunt died first.
Correct. Only reason. A whole twenty-two years before his death. Ever'body figgered ol' Lamar'd go first, hence the honor.

You got anything to add here, Loser, or are you content with a white-hot poker lodged firmly up your ass? Fucking bag of flaming fuck...
40 days to live
Crack Whore

Post by 40 days to live »

AAAaaaarrrGghhhhh
I'm out.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: Only because Hunt died first.
Wow. You really are clueless.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

October 8, 2011 - the very saddest of days in The Nation.

Simply put, Al Davis was the Raiders.

Going forward, win or lose, Raider football will never be quite the same.

RIP, Al.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

save your crocodile tears, dude is going to burn in hell.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:save your crocodile tears, dude is going to burn in hell.
For ruining the Raiders? Are you kidding? He'll sit on the right hand of God, just for that.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Like for Blackhawks fans when Dollar Bill Wirtz passed away, Al passing away will be the best thing to happen to the Duhs.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Buttsy, I was never able to muster up enough hate for Al to bash him real hard.

I think it's that way with most all Raider fans of my age - who were around to live through the glory years that he gave us.
Those years were unforgettable and SO much fun.

50 years of Al Davis football can just about be split in half.
1962-1985.
1986-2011.

The first half, yeah, the man was BRILLIANT, DYNAMIC, and he just plain GOT IT DONE.

The second half, he was very mediocre - and in the last 10 years, just horrendously bad.
Too many lawsuits distracted him in the 80's and 90's and then in the 00's he just couldn't come to grips with the need to take a step back and let others get more involved in handling the organization.

But in the very bad times, I couldn't slam him much.
Never could.
As a fan, he had already given me so much.
He was fiercely loyal, he built and fostered a sports organization that was quite unique, and he simply busted his ass to try to WIN.

I wanted him to live to 100.

Again, it's a terribly sad day for Raider fans.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Flawed Logic wrote:That's what makes it tough, War Wagon.
His Hall of Fame worthy contributions to the NFL, helping it move toward the league we love, are indisputable. His leadership, rebellion, and willingness to buck the establishment while the Raiders won 3 Super Bowls and earning countless playoff appearances are legendary.
Did he hold on too long into an era where his style didn't work? Yep.
Should it tarnish his legacy? That's a tough one to answer simply but I'll still mourn the passing of an AFL/NFL giant.

IN

Looks like picking the Raiders to cover this weekend was a GOOD idea after all . . . . . . . .
Go Patriots! ! ! !
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

In true Al Davis style let's hope the pall-bearers manage to get the casket from the hearse to the burial site in under 4.4 seconds.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Like for Blackhawks fans when Dollar Bill Wirtz passed away, Al passing away will be the best thing to happen to the Duhs.

Wirtz held that team down from Day 1...at least Al had some glory days. Question is, do they have a Rocky Wirtz to take over the Raidahs?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Like for Blackhawks fans when Dollar Bill Wirtz passed away, Al passing away will be the best thing to happen to the Duhs.

Wirtz held that team down from Day 1...at least Al had some glory days. Question is, do they have a Rocky Wirtz to take over the Raidahs?
PFT is reporting that the Davis family should be able to retain possession and that Mark Davis does have an interest in running the team. Of course nothing official.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-raiders/

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

love him or hate him, he definitely made the NFL much more interesting....most of the guys that played for him loved the guy and that speaks volumes....
get out, get out while there's still time
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

BSmack wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

PFT is reporting that the Davis family should be able to retain possession and that Mark Davis does have an interest in running the team. Of course nothing official.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-raiders/
That could be disastrous. In the very short time I worked there, Mark Davis was known throughout the building as a restaurant-quality fuck up. The team was Al's child, or at least the one he spent all his time raising.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Autumn wind, indeed. Fare thee well, Pirate ... fare thee well.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

jiminphilly wrote:In true Al Davis style let's hope the pall-bearers manage to get the casket from the hearse to the burial site in under 4.4 seconds.
Thats a RACK.

Tart is right...my father got to witness Al at his very best and his worst. I was somewhere in between and remember Plunkett, Long, Allen and later on the Bo Jackson and "fuck you Marcus, Bo is better" debacle (Bo was, of course), as well as Schroeder, Hostetler, and Gannon years that finally ended yesterday. Mixed feelings about it to be sure, but the man was a legend who helped shaped the NFL into what it is today.

RJack, The team was left to Mark (his son), Carol (his wife), and John Madden. We'll be MUCH better off futurewise without Al and his syncophantic hanger ons like Herrera running the fucking show.

RIP Al Davis.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Is Madden involved in the team?

Everyone is heaping all the credit for the good years on Al, but, I think his single greatest move was hiring John. Dude was arguably the best coach in the history of the NFL. He's proven over the past 3 decades behind the mike that he knows football and more importantly, football players, better than anyone. If his ticker hadn't forced him out of the game way too soon, he would likely be working on a second hand of SB rings by now.

That being said, I'm glad he did hang up his clipboard. As a kid in the seventies and a steelers fan, I hated that motherfukker more than anything. Had he continued to coach, I would likely be sitting in the pen now serving out a murder 1 rap for killing him somewhere around 1989 after winning his 5th ring.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Raydah James wrote:The team was left to Mark (his son),
Hopefully he'll be able to get real haircut instead of just dropping a salad bowl on his head.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

lol

Yeah, sort of looked like Peter Brady dyed his hair blond and took over the Raiduhs.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:but, I think his single greatest move was hiring John.
And where would video game football be without John? We'd still be playing High Impact Football or some other gax shit.

RIP Alcula.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.