Golf stuff...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

The Seer
Just the Facts

Golf stuff...

Post by The Seer »

1. Props to Morgan Pressel for woMANNING up at this year's Solheim cup...finishing undefeated for a 4-0-0 mark in a losing effort for the USA...

2. What is LeCava thinking? Leaves the bag of Dustin Johnson for a washed up Tiger? Maybe he thinks he can carry the bag for a couple years and get a book deal...or maybe get in the way of a discarded skank or 3....

3. Haas. Big downer for the networks. At least not as flakey as pops was. With his "marketability" watch how many silly season tourneys come looking for him....or not....but 10 mil doesn't suck however it is spun.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Golf stuff...

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:With his "marketability" watch how many silly season tourneys come looking for him....or not....
Robert Garrigus won a Silly Season tourney last year.

Just sayin.
but 10 mil doesn't suck however it is spun.
Plus the mil for the tourney.

First "non-big-name" to take the Cup.

I don't care who it is, when your nads grow three sizes when the pressure is on, you rock. Some nice examples this season, my favorite probably being "Charl who? Isn't he missing some letters?" as he laughed off the pressure and stomped everyone's face in on the last 9 at Augusta. He looks good in green.

Weird but fun season. The Year of the Young Guy, for sure. Crazy crop of up-and-comers... should be fun for a while.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Crazy crop of up-and-comers...
the talent (at both the PGA and Nationwide levels) is just off the charts
get out, get out while there's still time
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

So theoretically, that would just about end any player from separating himself ala el tigre for the foreseeable future....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:So theoretically, that would just about end any player from separating himself ala el tigre for the foreseeable future....

Yeah, because there were no other talented golfers when Los Gatos came up.

Sin,
Do I really have to?

P.S.: If I do, I'll start with Sir Nick, Duval, The Choke Shark, Phildo, Freddie, Calc, Ernie, Leonard, O'Meara, DL3, Cookie, Watson, Janzen, Price, Vijay, Sutton, Elk, Furyk, Kite, Toms, Cink...

I think either your logic or your memory is flawed.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Seer wrote:So theoretically, that would just about end any player from separating himself ala el tigre for the foreseeable future....

Yeah, because there were no other talented golfers when Los Gatos came up.

Sin,
Do I really have to?

P.S.: If I do, I'll start with Sir Nick, Duval, The Choke Shark, Phildo, Freddie, Calc, Ernie, Leonard, O'Meara, DL3, Cookie, Watson, Janzen, Price, Vijay, Sutton, Elk, Furyk, Kite, Toms, Cink...

I think either your logic or your memory is flawed.
As your boy Romney, stated..."nice try"

What do all those players you mentioned have in common? The fucking flamed out with rapid urgency. Duval - really?, Calc? Els? Omeara? Look at those names! Kite?

Most on your list were PAST their prime when tiger began his dominance. Whatever happened to Leonard, Calc, Janzen, Elk, Toms, etc. etc. etc.

This generation of players all seem to be out of the gate at the same time - not letting any of them get too far ahead. Look how much trouble Couples had putting together his President's Cup team. Had to go with tiger & Haas last minute. Could rant on more, but hopefully you get the point.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote:As your boy Romney, stated..."nice try"
"My boy"? WTF are you talking about?
What do all those players you mentioned have in common? The fucking flamed out with rapid urgency. Duval - really?
Uhm... he was the #1 player in the freaking world, and Tiger only overtook him after his back blew up.
Els?
Multiple majors, 7 freaking Match Play Championships, already in the HoF.

Leonard
He had a hell of a career... then they cloned him, and named the offspring Matt Kuchar... they look the same.
Whatever happened to...Toms
Racked up a major and a bunch of wins?
This generation of players all seem to be out of the gate at the same time - not letting any of them get too far ahead. Look how much trouble Couples had putting together his President's Cup team. Had to go with tiger & Haas last minute. Could rant on more, but hopefully you get the point.
I got the point to start with -- but if you look back about 15 years, it was the same story then... some flamed and didn't live up to potential, some had injuries that knocked them down a few rungs, some had great careers. I don't think the crazy crop that's coming up now will be much different... but time will tell.