How to get rid of despotic rulers in the Middle East

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

How to get rid of despotic rulers in the Middle East

Post by Mikey »

As I see it there are two basic choices:

1) Go in with overwhelming force. Get rid of said ruler and create a quagmire that neither you nor your successor can reasonably leave for at least 10 years. Pay for it by going into debt.

2) Go to Cairo. Give an inspiring and upbeat speech. Step back and watch the dominoes fall.

#1 is obviously better.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: How to get rid of despotic rulers in the Middle East

Post by poptart »

Mikey wrote:2) Go to Cairo. Give an inspiring and upbeat speech. Step back and watch the dominoes fall.
Step back and watch??

LMAO!

Our pres__ent unconstitutionally ---> SENT OUR MILITARY over to Libya and went bombs away, asshat.

Duh.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well, we'd like to spin it that way. Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other.

Chalk me up to "Who the fuck knows what they're doing". But one thing is for, the agenda sure seems the same. Regime change throughout the Arab world. Not sure it'll work long term but who know.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:
Mikey wrote:2) Go to Cairo. Give an inspiring and upbeat speech. Step back and watch the dominoes fall.
Step back and watch??

LMAO!

Our pres__ent unconstitutionally ---> SENT OUR MILITARY over to Libya and went bombs away, asshat.

Duh.
Whatever, asshat. Go ahead and wipe the indignant spittle off your chin, he's not your President...is he?

We launched a bunch of cruise missiles, stationed some ships in the Mediterranean, and maybe flew some sorties. We were asked by NATO and the Arab League to participate. The Senate passed a resolution urging a UN no-fly zone. Unconstitutional? Whatever you say, asshat.

At any rate, the whole thing probably cost us the equivalent in $$ of about a week in Iraq, which has basically broken our economy, and let's see...how many casualties have there been in Iraq and and Afghanistan? US casualties in Libya? Let's see...I think it was zero, asshat.

Pretty sure we haven't done any bombing in Egypt, Tunisia or Syria (which hasn't gotten rid of their despot but will soon) either, asshat.

Didn't I say that #1 was preferable anyway? Asshat?

Duh.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I knew I could wake pops up with that.

I guess one of the dominoes needed a little push.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

aight, who took a shit in Mikey's Frosted Mini-Wheats today?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm not defending the ten year Iraq folly, Mikey.

But be clear and don't spin things.
Bush went before Congress and they gave him authority to begin the mission.
They shouldn't have given him that authority, but they did.
Congress has also continued to vote to fund military action in Iraq.

Mikey wrote:Unconstitutional? Whatever you say, asshat.
It's not a debatable issue.
It's not what I say
It's a fact.

The only reason it's been allowed to fly is that 95% of congress is nearly as fucked up as ObaMao is.
The president can't just order the military around to do what he wants to do.

What we have going on with our government these days is completely outrageous.
Lawless.

Costs, outcome, end-justifies-the-means, time frame, or whatever, is secondary to the importance of our representatives staying within the law.

Unless you favor anarchy.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:
Mikey wrote:Unconstitutional? Whatever you say, asshat.
It's not a debatable issue.
I guess you must be right, because I haven't heard about much of anybody debating it. Except you.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Libya was shit, I was expecting

and got this

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Happy education, Mikey.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I'd like to commend Mikey on his most excellent use of the term
asshat
get out, get out while there's still time
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:
Happy education, Mikey.
You'd go to Rand Paul and Dennis Kucinich for "education"?

Might as well ask Mel Gibson and Danny Bonaduce what they think too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

are you comparing sadaam to mo?

apples and hand grenades. sadaam was a shitload better at stomping mudholes in any one who even looked at him the wrong way. bubba tried the air support no fly zone thingie with him for 8 years and all it got him was a wmd shell game.

as for afghanistan, all your lefty heros other than dennis who is crazy, but principled, were for it and used it as a reason we shouldn't be in iraq. and of course there's the fact that most of them were for iraq , before they were against it, to quote lurch.

the bottom line here is that we have traded someone with a troubling past, but, who had been pretty much behaving since we did his boy sadaam, for ????????

I hope this was a good trade, but, if i had to bet, i'd guess that it wasn't. i suspect libya will pretty much follow it's neighbor, egypt's lead, which could be turning into another islamic shit hole.

and yes dins, i realize islamic shit hole is redundant and they prolly don't say it that way in england.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

#1 is obviously better.
The "dominoes" which just fell were our allies, you stupid, pinheaded fuck. If you think what happened in Egypt and Libya was a good thing, you need to have your fucking head examined.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:

#1 is obviously better.
The "dominoes" which just fell were our allies, you stupid, pinheaded fuck. If you think what happened in Egypt and Libya was a good thing, you need to have your fucking head examined.
but, mvscal, it's "the arab spring". now that those sand nigggers poor arabs have found democracy, peace will break out all over. and i'm certain they'll embrace the jews also.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Jsc810 wrote:
mvscal wrote:If you think what happened in Egypt and Libya was a good thing, you need to have your fucking head examined.
Sure looks like a good thing..

Can't have that. So all of this must be a bad thing.
You don't even know what the fuck IT is that's going on over there, dumbfuck. Nobody does, least of all the western media and the Ojigaboo administration.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:
mvscal wrote:If you think what happened in Egypt and Libya was a good thing, you need to have your fucking head examined.
Sure looks like a good thing.
That's because you're a fucking idiot. So who takes charge? Do you even know? Let me give you a hint, you stupid asshole.

The fucking Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and in Libya it's going to be al-Qaeda.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:

al Queda?

Get off the chair and hike your skirt back down, you hysterical housewife.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:

al Queda?
Yes, al-Qaeda.
Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime. In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... links.html
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

If I was a good capitalist, I would open a US flag making company and export flags to the Middle East so they can burn or raise our flag. Of course, I would open shop in Tijuana to keep my costs down. I don't trust the Chinks with our flag.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:
Yes, al-Qaeda.

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime. In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

Well, from your own link, the rebel commander doesn't admit a link to al-Queda...he sort of puts in a good word for them, but that might just be Arab bravado.

Stop reading fat-housewife blogs. Idle Jewish women say the stupidest things.
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Yes, al-Qaeda.

Well, from your own link, the rebel commander doesn't admit a link to al-Queda...he sort of puts in a good word for them, but that might just be Arab bravado.

Just who the fuck do you think is going to step into the vacuum or are you thinking at all?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Al-Qaeda supports Arab revolts and advocates sharia in Egypt

Ayman al-Zawahiri, a leader of the extremist network Al Qaeda, has welcomed the revolt in the Arab world and called for the implementation of sharia, Islamic law in Egypt, reported Sunday the U.S. central monitoring Islamist websites SITE.

http://www.ennaharonline.com/en/international/6592.html
Looks like al-Qaeda has found some friends: Dick licking milquetoasts like GaySC and Mikey.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote: Just who the fuck do you think is going to step into the vacuum or are you thinking at all?
Let's revisit this thread at the end of the year when the ink on the first oil contract is dry.

Then, you'll have your answer.

Stop pushing tin soldiers around in the sandbox, GI Joe. "Realpolitik" trumps your sophomoric marshal fantasies at the end of the day. It always has.
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:My mom has been to Libya a few times, and she's now optimistic about the future of the country. So considering all that and the initial reports from there, I'm optimistic too.
That's because you're both fucking idiots. Yep nuthin' but smooth sailing, peace, freedom and democracy, right. I mean where can you find bolder champions of free speech than radical Islamists?
Last edited by mvscal on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

88 wrote:Before you all start jerking off to Obama's foreign policy successes/failures in the Middle East, you might want to wait for the actual results to come in.
Uh, no we don't. Neither situation required any action at all since they were both allies. Egypt has kept the peace with Israel for over 30 years now. It was a force for stability in very dicey region and we have invested some very serious military assets in Egypt. They 2,000 M1 Abrams tanks and actually build then under license in Egypt. Unless there is a very compelling reason, you don't kick over that apple cart just to see what'll happen. That is pure, abject stupidity.

Mo was also helping us (and himself) with our mutual problem with Islamist terrorists. We made a substantial diplomatic investment in rehabilitating Mo and it was paying dividends. Now we threw that away in order to place the jihadists we have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan into power in Libya.

Again the question remains: Why? What's our end of this deal?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

88 wrote:
Obama's comments have pushed Israel's enemies to demand that Israel accept indefensible borders, which it will never do. Whether that was such a good idea will be determined sometime in the near future.

THE OBAMA MIDEAST POLICY *

OBAMA: "You should consider, maybe, possibly stopping settlement building, or else we'll...we'll...

NETANYAHU: "You'll what?"

OBAMA: "Well...nothing, actually. I'm sorry."

* actually happened
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mikey wrote:You'd go to Rand Paul and Dennis Kucinich for "education"?

Might as well ask Mel Gibson and Danny Bonaduce what they think too.
I really hate to paint liberals with a broad brush (sarcasm?), but this take is par for the course.

When they can't argue facts ---> they go to character assassination or attempted mockery.

Pitiful.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Gosh, you are so right!!
Only liberals do that.

And this, coming from somebody who can't even admit to himself that our President is actually the President, has SO much validity.

Oh, did I mention...GFY?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Martyred wrote:
88 wrote:
Obama's comments have pushed Israel's enemies to demand that Israel accept indefensible borders, which it will never do. Whether that was such a good idea will be determined sometime in the near future.

THE OBAMA MIDEAST POLICY *

OBAMA: "You should consider, maybe, possibly stopping settlement building, or else we'll...we'll...

NETANYAHU: "You'll what?"

OBAMA: "Well...nothing, actually. I'm sorry."

* actually happened
That's what usually happens when a Man tells a Hausfrau Tha-Fuck.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mikey wrote:And this, coming from somebody who can't even admit to himself that our President is actually the President, has SO much validity.
And the playbook is followed once again.

Can't dispute poptart's facts?
That's easy - attempt to mock or discredit the person (poptart) who is bringing the facts that you don't like.

Of course Barry is the president.

He's in the oval office making presidential decisions.

LOL!!

Twat, you fell down out of the starting blocks when you began this foolish thread by saying that ObaMao "stepped back and watched the dominos fall."

A remarkably stupid take.

Sending our military to engage in bombing isn't stepping back and watching, @ssh@t.

Beyond that humorous faux pas of yours, you have further shit the bed by ---> FAILING to simply admit that Barry's actions were illegal.

Just admit that you suck democratic dick and are happy to do so.
Then we can move along.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Islamic militants among prisoners freed from Libyan jail
By Nic Robertson and Paul Cruickshank, CNN

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Hundreds of Islamist militants were among the prisoners freed from a notorious Tripoli prison this week, according to a former Libyan jihadist.

The freed militants had been imprisoned in Tripoli's Abu Salim prison by Moammar Gadhafi's regime during the height of the insurgency in Iraq, according to Noman Benotman, once a senior figure in the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. Benotman said he believes as many as 600 militants may have been among the prison population at Abu Salim.

Gadhafi's regime imprisoned thousands of suspected pro-al Qaeda militants after the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq stoked radicalization in Libya, especially in its impoverished eastern provinces. According to Benotman, those rounded up by the regime included militants who had tried to travel to Iraq and some who had returned from fighting against U.S. forces there. He said many of them had already been released by the Gadhafi regime

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08 ... index.html
Heckuva job, Darkie...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

poptart wrote:...Barry's actions were illegal.
OH NO! Illegal, you say?

Oh my stars! That sounds serious! I wonder if he'll be arrested!

:meds:
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Marty wrote:I wonder if he'll be arrested!
THE KING can't be arrested, dumbass.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

poptart wrote:
Then shut your fucking yapper and pay your taxes.
Why don’t you just STFU.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Islamic militants among prisoners freed from Libyan jail
Pencil Barry down for a birdie.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Martyred wrote:
poptart wrote:
Then shut your fucking yapper and pay your taxes.
Good idea, thanks.
I'll do so.

And I sure hope 'they' don't read this board.

I'll be fucked.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Arabic men gross me out.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Ana Ng wrote:Arabic men gross me out.

Wasn't it the Buzzer that duct taped cheese sandwiches to her kids and then abandoned them on the steps of a children's aid agency to cross state lines and fuck some swarthy Algerian coke dealer?

I think it was her.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

PS ~ shout-out to Wags...how you rollin' tonight, bro'?
Why don’t you just STFU.