Dude is SIXTY - FIVE years old!

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Eddie Adams
Elwood

Dude is SIXTY - FIVE years old!

Post by Eddie Adams »

Nicklaus is +4, and tommorow morn will play the birdie holes on the back nine.

Has competed in 44 Masters Tournaments including 40 consecutive at one point. Jack Nicklaus Plaque was dedicated at Augusta National in his honor in 1998. In 1986 he became a six-time Masters champion and the oldest player to win the event at age 46. Scored a final 65 that included a birdie-birdie-eagle streak at hole Nos. 15-17. His other victories were in 1963,1965,1966,1972 and 1975. In 1966, he became the first Masters competitor to successfully defended his title winning in a three-way playoff. In 1965 posted a then record score of 271 and a then record nine-stroke winning margin. Made a 40-foot birdie putt at No. 16 in 1975 for a one stroke win. Runner-up in the Masters in 1964,1971,1977 and 1981. Has won four US Opens - 1962,1967,1972,1980; five PGA Championships -1963,1971,1973,1975,1980 and three British Opens - 1966,1970,1978. Member six Ryder Cup Teams, Captain in 1983 and 1987. Served as Captain of the 1998 and 2003 Presidents Cup squad. Recipient of 1975 Bob Jones Award presented by the USGA for distinguished sportsmanship in golf. Has played in 44 Masters. Best finish: 1 (1963, 1965, 1966, 1972, 1975, 1986).

Foogin amazing. Keep trying, Tiger. You'll never match this guy.
No way.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Rack!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

No Tiger is the Greatest of All-Time.

Sincerely,
BSmack
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mr T wrote:No Tiger is the Greatest of All-Time.

Sincerely,
BSmack
if you have a point, make it. If you're just trolling, STFU.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:

Sincerely,
BSmack
What? STFU?

You no likey being trolled, even while you are Jedi knight at trolling yourself?

See if your doctor can prescribe something for that anger problem.

Meanwhile, chill out.

Myself, I don't give a damn about golf..........other than to see how fulsome Michelle Lee becomes when she turns 19.
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

This topic has been bantied about for years. On another board, I said (years ago) that Tiger will fade, and be just a very good golfer. He had his nut. He peaked already. Life gets in the way for guys like that. Spats with the swing coaches. (Eventually) women. Maybe kids! And this insane idea that he can recieve millions sometimes, just to appear at some event! That's what will keep him unmotivated. He's already set for life. His kids lives, and his Grandkids lives. He plays half the tournaments Jack did in the heyday of the game, (60's and 70's) Back when the clubs and balls weren't space age technology, and guys didn't use illegal equipment.

Nicklaus had one of the very FEW Birdies on #16, the par 3, yesterday; when he drained a nice 30 footer. Brining back memories of probably the greatest putt ever in Masters history. While turds like Els and Tiger flounder out of trees and water.

Tiger weill never do what Jack has done. He'll retire well before he comes close to 18 Majors, and 19 seconds in Majors.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Eddie Adams wrote:This topic has been bantied about for years. On another board, I said (years ago) that Tiger will fade, and be just a very good golfer.
You were wrong.
He had his nut. He peaked already. Life gets in the way for guys like that. Spats with the swing coaches. (Eventually) women. Maybe kids! And this insane idea that he can recieve millions sometimes, just to appear at some event! That's what will keep him unmotivated. He's already set for life. His kids lives, and his Grandkids lives. He plays half the tournaments Jack did in the heyday of the game, (60's and 70's) Back when the clubs and balls weren't space age technology, and guys didn't use illegal equipment.
A few points...

1. Jack was set for life quite a while back. He married at an earlier age than Tiger and had kids. Yet somehow he was able to make his mark. Tiger will survive marraige and children the same as every other professional before him.

2. Tiger was set for life the second he dropped out of Stanford and signed his deals with Titleist, Amex and Buick. Yet he still rose up and became the most dominat golfer of the last 10 years.

3. Guys like Jack and Tiger are not playing to make a living, they are playing for championships and a place in the history books.
Nicklaus had one of the very FEW Birdies on #16, the par 3, yesterday; when he drained a nice 30 footer. Brining back memories of probably the greatest putt ever in Masters history. While turds like Els and Tiger flounder out of trees and water.
And I'm sure Tiger will roll up on 16 sometime in the 2030s and do the same thing. I hope I'm alive for it. That is one of many things that makes the Masters special, the ability to watch true living legends play on the same stage as stars of the present day.
Tiger weill never do what Jack has done. He'll retire well before he comes close to 18 Majors, and 19 seconds in Majors.
You're right about the 19 2nd place finishes. Tiger takes too many chances when attempting to overcome defecits to allow for that many 2nd place finishes. He's either on top, or has played himself out of contention.

However, by the end of today, Tiger will be halfway to 18 majors. And, if you accept US Amateurs as majors (bullshit) he'll be at #11 of 20. Tiger is 29 years old. He is just entering what would be considered a golfer's peak years. With his training program, Tiger can expect to be at the peak of his powers for at least another 12-15 years.

In other words, if you're betting against Tiger you are making a fools bet.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

BSmack wrote:

Sincerely,
BSmack
I made my point.

You think Tiger is the Greatest of All-Time.

Am I wrong?

Nope.

So you STFU.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:Myself, I don't give a damn about golf..........other than to see how fulsome Michelle Lee becomes when she turns 19.
Probably depends on what she's wearing ... err, how she's playing by then.

Rack. So to speak.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm guessing you're talking about Michelle Wie, but I could be wrong.

At age 15, she's what......6'1", about 180#? About the same size as me, except my penis is larger. And a 300 yard poke is considered "very very good" for me, and pretty much "average" for her.

I'd marry her on her 18th birthday, though......with the rule that she had to lose to me on purpose every time.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:I'm guessing you're talking about Michelle Wie, but I could be wrong.

At age 15, she's what......6'1", about 180#? About the same size as me, except my penis is larger. And a 300 yard poke is considered "very very good" for me, and pretty much "average" for her.

I'd marry her on her 18th birthday, though......with the rule that she had to lose to me on purpose every time.
If Michelle Wie is serious about competing against the men, she is going to have to start hitting the rockpile big time. Just look at the body change Annika has accomplished in the last 3 years and double that. That's what Wei will need to compete and win with even average male players.

In other words, she could very easily be quite Narvratalova like in 3-4 years.

Fear not, we still have Natallie Gulbis.

And she's legal. ;)

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

BSmack wrote: Fear not, we still have Natallie Gulbis.

And she's legal. ;)
RACK!
Dreams......Temporary Madness