grilled loin lamb chops
rice
greek style salad
hummos
flatbread
tadziki

strawberry shortcake

Sorry, won't be doing a PET. But here's my secret for the shortcake:

Use the recipe on the side of a Bisquick box, but add the zest from a large navel orange to the ingredients before mixing. Squeeze the juice from the orange into the strawberries when you add the sugar (you don't really need quite so much sugar). Add a little balsamic vinegar for an extra bite.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Easter Dinner

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm eating bbq leftovers from a party my friends had yesterday. They got it from Rocklands BBQ in the District (Tom in VA might have heard of these guys). Shit is the bomb. Mac and cheese, pulled pork, breast and chipolte cole slaw that a friend made (which is outstanding, and I'm not a big slaw fan).

http://www.rocklands.com/
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Probably end up being either burritos or nachos made with the leftover smoked chicken from a couple of nights ago... which didn;t come from The District, but my ECB.

Got the chicken, got tortillas, got refrieds, black beans, pintos, got avocados up the yingyang (and some guac-in-a-tub), maters, peppers...

shit, might be out of fresh cilantro. Might have to debate the pros and cons of going to the store (I'll take my bike) and getting some, as opposed to the lameass dried stuff.

Am I forgetting anything?

Because you know how the Mexis loves them some Easter... well, OK, that style of burrito isn't from Mexico, it's from hippies in San Francisco, but the sentiment is there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote: Am I forgetting anything?
The homemade salsa verde from Rosa's. I always pick up an extra 16 oz. when we get our Tuesday night takeout. Good on eggs, chips, avocado sammiches, steaks, burgers, pork chops etc., etc. That stuff is like néctar de los dioses.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I braised a couple hams and did several different demi-glace based sauces, dijon mustard with a white wine and shallot reduction, a hot and sour sauce and a madeira wine reduction with sauteed mushrooms. Served with scalloped potatoes and green beans with bacon and onions and then went with my go to desert of fudge truffle cheesecake with raspberry sauce.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
The homemade salsa verde from Rosa's. I always pick up an extra 16 oz. when we get our Tuesday night takeout. Good on eggs, chips, avocado sammiches, steaks, burgers, pork chops etc., etc. That stuff is like néctar de los dioses.
If I bought it from Rosa's, it wouldn't really be homemade, would it?

There's a hippy outfit from Eugene (now in Kent, WA) that makes stupid-good salsa -- Emerald Valley.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:I braised a couple hams and did several different demi-glace based sauces, dijon mustard with a white wine and shallot reduction, a hot and sour sauce and a madeira wine reduction with sauteed mushrooms. Served with scalloped potatoes and green beans with bacon and onions and then went with my go to desert of fudge truffle cheesecake with raspberry sauce.
That better have gotten you laid.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

It really wasn't that tough. The demi glace was only thing that was going to be a pain in the ass but I found a good cheat for it while I was finalizing my shopping list and had some overnighted.

Not quite as good as demi glace from scratch but, since demi glace takes about two days to make, it was well worth it. All natural ingredients, too.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Since the Roman Easter and the Orthodox Easter was on the same day, my mother in law served up a combination meal. We had kielbasa slathered in garlic, perogies stuffed with potatoes and cheese, a traditional easter ham, side dishes of green beans and brussel sprouts, and the "Russian Easter Bread" my father in law's family has been making since the time of the Tsars. To top it off, there was a nice Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon to choose from. All in all a very tasty meal.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm just curious as to why those who claim to not believe in any religion whatsoever celebrate Easter by making a special dinner.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:Since the Roman Easter and the Orthodox Easter was on the same day, my mother in law served up a combination meal. We had kielbasa slathered in garlic, perogies stuffed with potatoes and cheese, a traditional easter ham, side dishes of green beans and brussel sprouts
Can stop by your MIL's next Easter? Although I've never had kielbasa slathered in garlic, only kraut.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
If I bought it from Rosa's, it wouldn't really be homemade, would it?
I would be if Rosa made it at home.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

IndyFrisco wrote:I'm just curious as to why those who claim to not believe in any religion whatsoever celebrate Easter by making a special dinner.
Yeah. Every prime rib you buy for your non-denominational feast is one less that Indy can grind down into cheeseburgers.

Knock it off.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
BSmack wrote:Since the Roman Easter and the Orthodox Easter was on the same day, my mother in law served up a combination meal. We had kielbasa slathered in garlic, perogies stuffed with potatoes and cheese, a traditional easter ham, side dishes of green beans and brussel sprouts
Can stop by your MIL's next Easter? Although I've never had kielbasa slathered in garlic, only kraut.
It is my favorite meal of the year bar none. Even the birthday dinner she cooks doesn't live up to Russian Easter dinner. Maybe it is just because the food isn't the standard white bread fare I grew up with?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The only time I've had Russian fare was at a Russian wedding. It was truly authentic stuff, and some of the most godawful slop I've ever had the misfortune of tasting. The menu from BSmack's family dealio doesn't look too bad though.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The only time I've had Russian fare was at a Russian wedding. It was truly authentic stuff, and some of the most godawful slop I've ever had the misfortune of tasting. The menu from BSmack's family dealio doesn't look too bad though.
I've been to a couple of functions at my father in law's church. Yea, there's some very nasty Russian food. Thankfully my German/Irish mother in law knows how to tweak those old Russian recipes. The holiday is "Russian Easter" but the food isn't 100% authentic Russian by any stretch of the imagination.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My buddy's wife is Ukranian -- just don't let them anywhere near beef.

The salads and perogies and side-dish type stuff is generally $$$$$... the entrees, not so much.