Re: 2:03:02

Post by OCmike »

He stole something?
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It's not a round trip. It is pretty much in one direction and downhill by a few hundred feet. Today's perfect weather and nice tailwind = fastest marathon ever.

rack the hell out of anyone that can breakoff 26 consecutive sub 5 minute miles. that is flying! and rack the chick that squeezed out a kid last september and put in a 2:26 time. That is a pretty fukking respectable time for a very good male runner.

I remember a few months back during a men/womens athlete comparison and noted that distance running has to be the only sport where world class women can beat really good, but not quite world class men. I believe it was during the chicks bball discussion where it was pointed out that good high school boys outclass world class women at roundball. Distance running is certainly a little different.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

smackaholic wrote: I remember a few months back during a men/womens athlete comparison and noted that distance running has to be the only sport where world class women can beat really good, but not quite world class men. I believe it was during the chicks bball discussion....
You and Warwagon should go out on a date.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Trampis wrote:
smackaholic wrote: I remember a few months back during a men/womens athlete comparison and noted that distance running has to be the only sport where world class women can beat really good, but not quite world class men. I believe it was during the chicks bball discussion....
You and Warwagon should go out on a date.
Absolutely. Be sure to videotape that shit. The smalltalk would be an instant YouTube classic.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Rack the record breaking time in the marathon and tying Manny's time for rounding the bases in Boston.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nobody fucking cares.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

That time is unbelievable. Related to the topic I have a goal to run a half marathon this summer. It's something I've been pointing to since I began my get in shape campaign many months ago. I think I can do it.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel wrote:That time is unbelievable. Related to the topic I have a goal to run a half marathon this summer.
Be sure to post the details here on the board. mvscal will appreciate the time with your wife and kids.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:It's not a round trip.
So somebody needs to move the car to the finish unless you want to run 52 miles?

What were they thinking?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Jsc810 wrote:Did I see that right on the tv just now? Dude ran 2:03:02 at Boston? That's insane. How is that possible?
The more serious I get into endurance sports, the more I appreciate how truly unreal the top of the food chain athletes really are. Whether it's guys that can run 2:03 marathons or cyclists that can ride 30 mph up a mountain in the TdF or the guy who wins an Ironman in 8 hours.

I had a top-10% overall bike split at the Ironman 70.3 Texas two weeks ago and the top pro beat my ass by 32 minutes on the bike for a 56 mile ride... and swam 10 minutes faster (for 1.2 miles) and ran nearly 40 minutes faster (half marathon). I came close to the 5 hour mark and these guys are clocking in at 3:45.

Being genetically blessed with will and motivation to match is a scary thing.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Rack Fu wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Did I see that right on the tv just now? Dude ran 2:03:02 at Boston? That's insane. How is that possible?
The more serious I get into endurance sports, the more I appreciate how truly unreal the top of the food chain athletes really are. Whether it's guys that can run 2:03 marathons or cyclists that can ride 30 mph up a mountain in the TdF or the guy who wins an Ironman in 8 hours.

I had a top-10% overall bike split at the Ironman 70.3 Texas two weeks ago and the top pro beat my ass by 32 minutes on the bike for a 56 mile ride... and swam 10 minutes faster (for 1.2 miles) and ran nearly 40 minutes faster (half marathon). I came close to the 5 hour mark and these guys are clocking in at 3:45.

Being genetically blessed with will and motivation to match is a scary thing.
Having all the latest designer PEDs doesn't hurt either.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22