Fearless Forecasts 2011

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Fearless Forecasts 2011

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Season is almost upon, so let's get those predictions in!

AL East

1.Boston- should jump out to a big lead early and never relinquish it. Power pitching with Paps in the bully, perfect 1-9 with great additions. They will win this division with no problem
1.Tampa Bay- a few minor losses but that pitching is still young and they added some good veteran bats. They have the right amount of experience to make a run for the wild card.
3.New York- losing Pettitte really puts a hole in that rotation, plus it's shaky anyway after Sabathia who is a fatass. Should still score some runs, but will be up and down all year. Girardi will get fired after this year.
4.Toronto- this is a pretty decent team but they always get lost in the shuffle and they should wind up around .500
5.Baltimore- They still suck ass. Don't listen to people saying that they will compete for a playoff spot. The Orioles blow.

AL Central

1.Minnesota- I'll never bet against these guys again. Look for some pretender like the Tigers to be leading the division and then the Twins will come up and snag it again. Very good team....they may even win a postseason series since the Yankees won't be there.
2.Detroit- enough parts to contend and should win the Central but they will blow it again.
3.Chicago- See Toronto.
4.Kansas City- they have some good farm club talent especially with the Greinke trade, but otherwise it should be another long ass year that nobody cares about. maybe Steve Balboni can come back
5.Cleveland- after getting a crusty dick shoved in their mouths during the '07 playoffs when the BoSox ripped their hearts out of their asses, they haven't been the same. Look for 100 losses or more this year.

AL West

1.Los Angeles- It's that time again for Scoscia to pull a cross-eyed rabbit out of his ass and win the West. I don't know how they pull division crowns together but he'll have some more magic this season because they always have depth in the bullpen and a lineup build around Hunter.
2.Texas- will take a huge step back this year. Ron Washington is a shit manager who got exposed in the World Series and they will nosedive to about .500
3.Oakland- Not sure why everyone is circle-jerking over this team as the surprise team of 2011, but hey, whatever gets your rocks off. They'll be sub-par in the end.
4.Seattle- Without that Jap they would have nobody at the park. And when Felix Hernandez gets dealt to the Yankees in July, it will get worse.

NL East

1.Philadelphia- if they don't get to the World Series this year, the manager should be fired. No excuses. All the offense needs to do is average about 3 runs a game and they are there.
2.Florida- You'll hear some names you've never heard of cropping up here because the Marlins are going to really surprise people this year.
3.Atlanta- will be back in it and then fade. They overachieved last year and really are an average baseball team.
4.New York- Let's be honest, this roster is littered with utter horse shit from top to bottom.
5.Washington- more bad baseball.

NL Central

1.Chicago- this pitching staff with the addition of Garza and then getting Wood back for the bullpen will be solid all year. Mike Quade adds some fresh blood to this team that was really in the dumps with that old fuck Pinella. Actually he looks like a clueless windbag but so does Jerry manuel. Cubs win the Central
2.St. Louis- even with some injuries they are going to compete for the division crown. This is going to be a good year for the Cardinals
3.Cincinnati- nice fluke last year. Way to get swept in the opening round. See you in the playoffs in another 15 years.
4.Houston- They are going to be a joke once again.
5.Pittsburgh- Also a horrific team.

NL West

1.Colorado- I see it all coming together for them in 2011 as it's their turn to win this division and they have some monsters in the rotation.
2.San Francisco- Should be good but it's never the same the second time around. The lineup doesn't impress me and they will have injuries, bullseye, etc. It won't be like last year. Maybe a wild card.
3.San Diego- should be pretty good once again. Not even Andy Benes can save them.
4.Los Angeles- enjoy battling for the cellar. Mattingly will be befuddled.
5. Arizona - this division sucks worse than I thought. Maybe Tony Womack can come back.

wild cards- Tampa Bay, Florida

ALCS- Boston over Minnesota
NLCS- Philadelphia over Florida

World Series- Boston over Philadelphia in 5. (MVP- Beckett)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Fearless Forecasts 2011

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey Yer a Fucking Dumbass

You forgot Milwaukee in the NL Central, dicklicker.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not a Braves fan, but...

Even before Philly started incurring all their injuries, I said Atlanta would win the East.

Atlanta's everyday lineup is very good. At least as good as the Phillies. I think it's better. They're going to score a shitload of runs. Prado, McCann, Uggla, Jones, Heyward...that's strong.

And their pitching staff is damn good. Not Phillies good (whose is?!), but good.

Philly now has to do without Utley for a while. Without Lidge. And you know Rollins will get hurt at some point. That's as regular as Carlos Zambrano exploding.

Fair post Sam. I agree that the Braves lineup is better than the Phillies without Utley.. and at this point I have no expectation that Utley will be playing until after the all-star break. Rollins is in a contract year so expect him to hit closer to .300 again.. he's likely playing for his final contract that will let him return to the West Coast. The major concern I have for the Phillies is their bullpen. The starters won't be pitching a CG on every start and it would be a major mistake to let them go 8 innings just to hide the shaky bullpen b/c those innings will pile up at the end of the season.

I still think the Phillies win the East with 94-95 wins but the Braves will get a wild card with 90 wins.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:If Chipper (how the fuck does a grown man go by that name?!)
Hall of Famers can go by whatever the hell they please.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

In Philly and other "hostile" markets it's

LAAAAARRRRYYYY
LAAAAARRRRYYYY

He usually acknowledges with a tip of the cap.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

AL East
*1. Boston
2. Tampa Bay
3. New York
4. Toronto
5. Baltimore

AL Central
*1. Minnesota
*2. Detroit
3. Chicago
4. Kansas City
5. Cleveland

AL West
*1. Texas
2. Los Angeles
3. Seattle
4. Oakland

NL East
*1. Philadelphia
2. Atlanta
3. Florida
4. New York
5. Washington

NL Central
*1. Milwaukee
*2. Cincinnati
3. St. Louis
4. Chicago
5. Houston
6. Pittsburgh

NL West
*1. Los Angeles
2. Colorado
3. San Francisco
4. San Diego
5. Arizona

Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Texas over Minnesota
Philadelphia over Cincinnati
Milwaukee over Los Angeles

Boston over Texas
Philadelphia over Milwaukee

Boston over Philadelphia (MVP: Carl Crawford)

Awards
AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez
NL MVP: Ryan Braun
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander
NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay
AL Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Hellickson
NL Rookie of the Year: Freddie Freeman
AL Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon
NL Manager of the Year: Don Mattingly
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Fuckit. I'll play.

AL East
Boston
y-New York
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Baltimore

AL Central
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
Cleveland
Kansas City

AL West
Texas
Oakland
Los Angeles
Seattle

NL East
Philadelphia
Atlanta
New York
Florida
Washington

NL Central
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Chicago
Milwaukee
Houston
Pittsburgh

NL West
Colorado
y-San Francisco
San Diego
Los Angeles
Arizona

Minnesota over Boston
Cincinnati over Philadelphia

Cincinnati over Minnesota in 6
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:In Philly and other "hostile" markets
How dare you use quotes around hostile in the same sentence as Philly.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Screw_Michigan wrote:Hey Yer a Fucking Dumbass

You forgot Milwaukee in the NL Central, dicklicker.
I knew I was forgetting someone. I'll put them third in the division below Chicago and St Louis. Brewers aren't that good.

Where are your picks? :meds:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Re:

Shoalzie wrote: Boston over Philadelphia (MVP: Carl Crawford)
Way to parrot my prediction.

but when November gets here we'll have it on record of who called it first. 8)
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:In Philly and other "hostile" markets
How dare you use quotes around hostile in the same sentence as Philly.

Because it's the most overused term in sports.

The fans at a European soccer match? They meet the definition of hostile. Fans at American football games? Not so much.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Re:

Post by Shoalzie »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: Boston over Philadelphia (MVP: Carl Crawford)
Way to parrot my prediction.

but when November gets here we'll have it on record of who called it first. 8)

Dude, it's painfully obvious if both teams stay healthy, that's probably how it'll shake out. I'd be stunned if the Sox don't win it all. I can see the Phillies falling on their face if a pitcher breaks down, their bullpen continues to be in flux or Utley never comes back but Boston is absolutely loaded.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Nothing is painfully obvious with the parity that exists in baseball. Wild card teams making serious noise every year, etc. The "predictable" glamor matchup rarely seems to happen.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh, and props to the Red Sux on their 0-3 start.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Oh, and props to the Red Sux on their 0-3 start.
Which is what....the equivilant to an NFL team going 0-1 to start the preseason? :meds:

April is for the pretenders. The BoSox are built for the postseason. They're so loaded in the rotation that you'll see a guy like Buckholz or Dice-K in the pen in October shutting things down in the 7th before they roll with the automatic shutdown duo of Jenks and Paps.

And Gonzalez should hit about .350 this year with Papi hitting behind him.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Make that 0-5.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:They're so loaded in the rotation that you'll see a guy like Buckholz or Dice-K in the pen in October shutting things down in the 7th before they roll with the automatic shutdown duo of Jenks and Paps.

And Gonzalez should hit about .350 this year with Papi hitting behind him.
Buckholz, Dice-K, Jenks, Paps and Gonzalez....meet the kiss of death.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Make that 0-6.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:April is for the pretenders. The BoSox are built for the postseason.
April is what cost Boston the post season in 2010.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Nothing like a visit from the Yankees to get back on track :lol:

Hughes got hammered last night by the Boston bats and today they'll push the Yankees' stools in some more. That'll happen when you have the best pitching in MLB.

Buckholz going today ....Nova for the Yanks. No contest. Enjoy back to back nationally televised games getting exposed, NYY fan :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Buckholz going today ....Nova for the Yanks. No contest.
You even suck at your predictions within your predictions. Uncanny.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Boston Red Sox - a .167 winning percentage through 12 games - good for worst in MLB.

Damnit, why did I pick these jerkoffs to win the AL East?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The Boston Red Sox - a .167 winning percentage through 12 games - good for worst in MLB.

Damnit, why did I pick these jerkoffs to win the AL East?
Because they are the most loaded team is baseball, despite what people are saying about the Phillies who have holes in the lineup and a shoddy bullpen that WILL come to light in the World Series if not before. It's mid-April, people. Boston is a sept-oct team, not an April team. Once the weather warms up at Fenway and the arms start clicking you'll see this team rolling. Francona in his years there has a history of getting a team to work together and go on streaks where they seemingly can't lose. And Theo is always tempering storms and adding the right pieces at the deadline.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, but if they lose a shit ton of games now, a late season streak may not matter. Kinda like last year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

Chipper ain't getting in.

Don't know if you've looked into what percentage of the HoF vote the sluggers of the Steroid Era are getting, but the voters have put their foot down. Whether he's guilty or not (and he is), he'll get tossed under the bus with the rest of the juicemonkies.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Once the weather warms up at Fenway and the arms start clicking you'll see this team rolling.
They better get home soon. They are 0-7 on the road after Brett Andersons semi-annual assfucking of their lineup. :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote: Nah. Chipper's the most obviously non-roided dude in baseball.

Put up big numbers, yet when all that pesky steroid testing kicked in, which was right as he hit his prime, his power numbers went into the toilet...

nah, no red flag there.

I mean, it's not like he had the massive dropoff the exact year they started the new testing regimen that Helton did, but he's a pretty glaring example.

And did anyone's "abilities" take the drastic plunge merely by having to pee in a cup than Alfonso Soriano's did? Maybe Carlos Beltran?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Dinsdale wrote:Put up big numbers, yet when all that pesky steroid testing kicked in, which was right as he hit his prime, his power numbers went into the toilet...

By "hitting his prime"... you mean after 12 years in the bigs, in his 30s, and 1500+ games of wear and tear on his body? Yeah. He was just hitting his prime then. :lol:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: 4.Kansas City- they have some good farm club talent especially with the Greinke trade, but otherwise it should be another long ass year that nobody cares about. maybe Steve Balboni can come back.
Oklahoma City's AAA club has first dibs on a Balboni come back...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

It's leveling out now to what we all expected.

Boston and Philly are on a collision course for the WS. All that's left is the All Star Game to see who gets home field, and the trade deadline to see if the Phils will get bully help and if the Sox will go get another pinch hitter. As far as I'm concerned they are set up and down the roster and really don't need to make any moves. First place now, weather heating up, Beckett and Lester carving up people on every start, and Paps unhittable. Crawford on fire as is A-Gonz and Dustin.

Yankees headed for third place :lol:

I don't even see the AL East as being competitive this year. It's Boston and some .500 slappies. And the rest of the American League is pretty pathetic as well.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: ...trade deadline to see if the Phils will get bully help

They don't need bullpen help. They have one of the best 'pens in the majors. What they need is a RH power bat. Mayberry is a nice platoon player but isn't going to be much help in September.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Toddowen wrote:I'd be more concerned with YaFJ dooming your team with his predictions and advice for direction.

Lest we forget.....We've all seen what happens when YaFJ gets behind a team.

He's not exactly going out on a limb by predicting the Phillies will be in the World Series.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Re:

Post by jiminphilly »

Toddowen wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
He's not exactly going out on a limb by predicting the Phillies will be in the World Series.
Play along with him at your own risk is my word of caution.

I've seen this happen before, and not just in the MLB forum.

Honest to God...as soon as I saw Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff had posted in this thread, a little "RAAAHH...YAY!!!" and fist-pump went off in my head, because I knew that the Sox would immediately begin to lose games.

Prior to his posting, Boston was on a tear, and the Yankees were playing the crappiest ball I'd seen them do in years.

YaFJ post, and everything reverses.

And since the latest addition to the YaFJ chronicles , Philly loses to the Mets and gets lit up by the Nats?

Repent, Jim. And tell Ya FJ to "get thee behind me" and say no more.

They took 2 of 3 from the Mets and have split with the Nats so far but should take that series as well. I think they have the most wins in baseball and were predicted by many to get to the World Series. I don't think the YaFJ hex applies in this case.