Ditka
67%

Total votes: 3

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Royals farm system

Post by TheJON »

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

MLB.com came out with their Top 50 prospects for 2011 list, and the Royals pretty much dominated it. 4 of the Top 16, 6 of the Top 37. #1 1B, #1 3B, #2 C, and 3 of the Top 15 SP. I smell multiple World Series titles in the near future. Who agrees? Ucunt????
TOP 50 BY TEAM
The number of Top 50 Prospects per MLB organization:
No. Organizations
6 KC
4 TB
3 ATL, CIN, COL, NYY, SEA, TOR
2 BAL, MIN, PHI, TEX
1 ARI, BOS, CHC, CLE, CWS, DET, HOU
LAA, LAD, PIT, SD, SF, STL, WAS
he six prospects they have on this year's list ties an MLB.com Top 50 Prospects record
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Royals farm system

Post by War Wagon »

Meanwhile, they'll lose 100 games again this year.

You should have poll priveledges revoked, btw.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

War Wagon wrote:Meanwhile, they'll lose 100 games again this year.

You should have poll priveledges revoked, btw.
Well, yeah, I think everyone knows this team is losing at least 95-100 games this year. The pitching staff might be the worst in baseball. We have 5 guys that are #5 starters......at best.

I do think Gordon has a breakout year. I really do. And Butler will hit 20-25 HR's and drive in 100. As for the rest of the team........not much hope except a couple other quality players like Aviles, and I'm hoping the new guys (Escobar/Cain) show me something.

The first 2-3 months will pretty much be a complete waste of time. Very few of those players will even be a part of the 2012-2013 teams. Once Moustakas, Montgomery, Lamb, etc. get the call-up sometime around July (hopefully), that's when the season begins. Until then, it's going to be pretty freakin brutal to watch the Royals play. Still can't wait to get to The K for Opening Day!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

'The six prospects they have on this year's list ties an MLB.com Top 50 Prospects record, shared by the 2004 Angels as well as the '06 Dodgers and D-backs.'

I am more of an AL guy, let's take a look at the first team with 6 in the top 50, shall we?

1.) Casey Kotchman -- Can't hit for shit. BUST (great late inning replacement at 1B though. :meds: )
2.) Jeff Mathis -- Are you fucking serious? 2nd rated catcher in 2004 behind Mauer? Licks donkey balls. BUST.
3.) Dallas McPherson -- WHO? Hasn't seen the bigs since '08. Prolly washing lettuce somewhere. BUST.
4.) Erick Aybar -- .253 5 HR 29 RBI? GO FIST YOURSELF. BUST.
5.) Alberto Callaspo -- Back with the team that drafted him in '01. Has played for 4 different teams in 5 seasons. No one fucking wants this guy... and for good reason. BUST.
6.) Ervin Santana --The only player worth a fuck and he's not even that good. Puts up decent numbers in even numbered years and fucking blows in the odd numbered ones. Guess what, douche? He's due to suck this year.

Speaking of other recent Angels' BUSTS. Have you ever heard of Brandon Wood or Sean Rodriquez? What in the fuck have they ever done? They were both rated higher than the previous 6 losers listed. Until they actually start producing in the bigs, I could give two shits about your prospects. Take this shit fucking thread to the MINOR LEAGUE FORUM.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Callaspo is not a bust. He's a good hitter. He just can't field, and he's an alcoholic.

By the way, I find it comical you list 6 players for your argument. Wow, a whole 6 players?? Gee, well that must prove that prospects never pan out! :meds:

I went to Scout.com and picked a random year (2006). Let's take a look at their Top 50 prospects.

Francisco Liriano, Delmon Young, Chad Billingsley, Justin Verlander, Ryan Zimmerman, Prince Fielder, Matt Cain, Carlos Quentin, Russell Martin, Troy Tulowitzky..........all in the Top 25!! 10 of the Top 25 from 2006 are stars in the league. There's also a couple of other quality players mixed in there.

Now, onto the 26-50 prospects....

Billy Butler, Jon Lester, Nick Markakis, Phillip Hughes, Adam Jones, Jon Pappelbon, Dustin Pedroia, Jason Kubel......so, some pretty solid players and a couple of stars.

So, of the Top 50 from 2006, we have 18 (36%) that are either stars or very good players. That means that slightly more than 1 in 3 turned out to be very good-great. Now, there's probably 5-6 other players that could still end up with very nice careers (ie Alex Gordon).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 26983.html

While you did list some busts the Angels had, have you seen the other top prospects from 2004???

Let's see here, the Top 10 had Joe Mauer, Delmon Young, Grady Sizemore (he was good), Edwin Jackson, Prince Fielder, and BJ Upton.

11-20 had Zack Greinke, Justin Morneau, Cole Hamels, JJ Hardy, and Scott Kazmir (he was good for a few years)

21-30 had David Wright, Angel Guzman, Ervin Santana, and Felix Hernandez

31-40 had Franklin Guitierrez, Bobby Crosby, and Hanley Ramirez

41-50 had Dioner Navarro, James Loney, Joe Blanton, Adam Wainwright

That's 22 players (44%) that are either stars or quality big leaguers.

How's about 2001?

Top 10 had Josh Hamilton, Josh Beckett, Ben Sheets, Ichiro Suzuki, CC Sabathia
11-20 had Carlos Pena, Vernon Wells, Roy Oswalt
21-30 had Austin Kearns, Alfonso Soriano
31-40 had Jimmy Rollins, Felipe Lopez, Adam Dunn, Joe Crede, Jack Cust, Jake Peavy
41-50 had Albert Pujols, Aubrey Huff, Brett Myers

That's 19 players (38%) that are either stars or quality big leaguers.

There's only a few years dating back to the 1980's where the Top 50 prospects of Baseball America didn't produce at least 30% of players that ended up being at least solid big leaguers.

The point is if you have a ton of players that are highly ranked prospects, your odds of winning at the big league level once they're all up is very HIGH. Is it a guarantee the Royals will be a winner soon? Absolutely not. Is it likely? Most definitely. History proves that.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

TheJON wrote:By the way, I find it comical you list 6 players for your argument.
Can you read your own fucking link? The Royals have 6 of the top 50 prospects, just like the 2004 Angels did. I named all 6 2004 Angels players and provided you with feedback on them. Not 1 impact player among all 6.

Light going on yet, moron? Just like the 2004 Angels, who gives a fuck about your current 6 in the Top 50? History has proven it's very possible that NOT ONE player will be worth two shits.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

There's also that dealio where KC could have Babe Fucking Ruth in their farms, and the shitass ownership/management would trade him for a $50 gift certificate for Walmart.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ja, I bought a Zack Grienke #23 T-shirt last year.

I have never bought a shirt with a players name on it before and this is what I get.