Conference Championship predictions

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Conference Championship predictions

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

NFC

The Green Bay Packers have been in playoff mode for the last six weeks, and they have injuries that they have done a good job of covering up. In order to win three straight playoff road games, you have to have one HELL of a coach. And while I think that McCarthy is a good coach, he's not in that league. I also remember last week how good GB's offense looked going up against a soft as fuck Falcons D. This is the Bears, and this will be a game where you seriously do need to establish the run. And Starks had about 65 yards last week against the Falcons which was more than I thought he would have, but this is the week where he fumbles and he gets bottled up. Cutler will prove the doubters wrong and I think he and the rest of the Bears are playing with an extra chip on their shoulder. Bears 24, Packers 16

AFC

Jets were on the cover of SI this week so they are jinxed. I was one of the few people to predict them to win last week but this week could be different. We'll see. Sanchez makes shitty throws and then finds a way to plug one to Edwards on third down all the time. And LT is going to make the Chargers look stupid when he scores a couple TDs in this game and rides to the Super Bowl, something San Diego won't be doing anytime soon. :lol:
When I said Thomas Jones last week I was drunk and thinking of LT by the way.
Troy P is banged up and the Steelers O-line BLOWS. I look for the Jets to whore them and get to Big Ben early and often. Jets 19, Steelers 17.

New York-Chicago Super Bowl XLV
packwin13
Elwood

Re: Conference Championship predictions

Post by packwin13 »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Bears 24, Packers 16

Sweet. I'll book my trip to the Super Bowl today.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:When I said Thomas Jones last week I was drunk and thinking of LT by the way.
Then what was it about LT's past playoff history that made you say teams with him always win?

Face it, you know jack shit about football.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

packwin13 wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Bears 24, Packers 16

Sweet. I'll book my trip to the Super Bowl today.

:lol:

Packers by 13
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'll go with the two teams with the better QB's.

Rodgers > Cutler

Roethlisberger > Sanchez

Jerkoff is right that the Bears defense is a whole different animal compared to what GB faced last week.
And yeah, winning 3 straight playoff roadies is a tall task.
I won't be surprised if I'm wrong - but gun to my head, I like the Packer offense to score some TDs and come away as Conference Champs.

Green Bay - 21
Chicago - 17

I also won't be surprised if the Jets prove me wrong and beat Pitty, because NY is one team that can stand toe-to-toe with the Steelers in the physicality dept.
If they take Pittsburgh's best shot and are still standing, they could take the game to the 4th quarter and win it.
But I look at the QBs - and see Pittsburgh with a clear advantage.
And NY winning it's 3rd straight playoff roadie?
Doubt it happens.

Pittsburgh - 27
NY Jets - 18
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The big thing today in Chicago will be the play of the Bears' offensive line. The Packers do so many things in order to get heat on the QB. Woodson on the corner blitz, Matthews off the edge...they wreak havoc on a team's timing and rhythm. Cutler will be under fire today and the only way I see them winning is if he plays mistake-free and he's not under pressure most of the game. The Packers' secondary will exploit any mistake he makes...they've done it to Vick and Ryan in previous weeks and Cutler has the rep to make a dumb mistake.

I've been thoroughly impressed with how the Pack have kept it together through the injuries and they've been business like in winning the first two games on the road. The one mistake the Packers can make...and it is very avoidable...don't let Hester in the return game beat you or at least give them a short field. Make them earn every yard. I don't think we'll have to worry about either team having to get up for the game today. The rivalry speaks for itself and it doesn't take a DB with 20 kids or a toothy fat coach to run their mouths to get you excited about it. To me, the Packers look like a team on a mission in the NFC side...I see them completing their journey to Dallas today.

Green Bay 21
Chicago 13

What the Jets have done in the last two weeks has been very impressive...on the third leg of a championship gauntlet. They frustrate and limit Manning's passing attack and make enough plays in the end to win in Indy over a recent champion. Last week, in spite of all the silly talk back and forth...they took it to the mighty Patriots and got to Brady early and often played a perfect road playoff game to move onto today's clash in the Steel City. The Steelers showed a lot of resolve last week after looking sluggish and clumsy in the first half against Baltimore. They looked completely different in the second half pulled out a tight win against their hated rivals from Charm City.

I've had my doubts about Sanchez but the guy has looked solid in playoff games...and all on the road. This will be his 6th playoff game in two seasons and he's already avenged his loss last year by beating the Colts on Wild Card Weekend. He's been able to make big plays through the air and the Jets line have kept him upright. He has throw 3 picks in 5 games...none of those picks have been the back-breaking picks that he's known for in the regular season. I'm expecting a tight, physical game where the defenses will dominate and it might come down that one key drive at the end to get it done. To me, you have to favor Big Ben in that scenario...he's done it in the past and I see him getting the Steelers in a position to win late.

Jets 14
Steelers 17

:popcorn:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Packers 23
Bears 20

Jets 21
Steelers 17
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Bears-Packers. I'm over 300 miles from Soldier Field but can feel the hatred in this matchup.
I'm a Bears fan and hate the Packers but the only way for the Bears to win this one is 1) the defense will have to score some points or at least give the offense a short field several times during the game, 2) Hester must be big in the return game, 3) the D line to put a lot of pressure on Rodgers all day long, and 4) Cutler needs to avoid his stupid mistakes and, in order for him to do that, the O line needs to protect him and minimize the sacks....no more than 3, and allow him time to throw and avoid some of the Cutler stupidity that has reared its head in the 5 losses.....AND Throw the ball away, Cutler, and don't stand back there and give up a fucking sack! A lot of those sacks were on Cutler, not the O-line.

Bears - 27
Pack - 24

Jets-Steelers

Don't really care but I have a mild rooting interest in Shonn Greene and the Jets.

I think Ryan will come up with a defense to confuse Big Ben and give the Jets a chance to win. They'll stop the run and hope that the DBs can cover.

Jets - 24
Steelers - 17
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Packers - 14
Bears - 10

Steelers - 24
Jets - 17
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

One more prediction. The EMTs in Chicago will be getting overtime pay hauling Packers to the hospital today. If not, the Bears lose. I'm not promoting cheap shots or dirty play, but it's going to be an extremely hard hitting game on both sides of the ball.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Even though I'm a little late here (7-0) my prediction isn't changing.

27-20 Pack

24-14 Jets
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:New York-Chicago Super Bowl XLV
Shade! shade! shade!

:lol:

:bode: for me...only a point off on the final score in the NFC.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I made the mistake of picking two road teams to win in conference championship games. In hindsight, probably not smart. Oh well. At least I'm not AP YAFJ.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I made the mistake of picking two road teams to win in conference championship games. In hindsight, probably not smart. Oh well. At least I'm not AP YAFJ.
Not your fault. Jets could have made it a game by not giving the ball to Tomlinson on 4th and goal. What the fuck was that? Where the hell was Shonn Green?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, that was pretty bad. But they also could have made it a game by not spotting Pittsburgh with 24 points in the 1st half.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Holy shit I really had a bead on the Bears today and Hanie almost brought them back. I was surprised at how well Starks did and I was right that Rodgers would be human.

And then the Jets really fucked up and they almost won but hats off. I thought I'd at least get one of those damn games because I knew one of the road teams would win and one home team would win, I just picked the wrong ones.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Holy shit I really had a bead on the Bears today and Hanie almost brought them back. I was surprised at how well Starks did and I was right that Rodgers would be human.

And then the Jets really fucked up and they almost won but hats off. I thought I'd at least get one of those damn games because I knew one of the road teams would win and one home team would win, I just picked the wrong ones.
ARCHIVE.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:I just picked the wrong ones.
Sig material.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'm a Fuckin Idiot wrote:New York-Chicago Super Bowl XLV
Now be a good little tard and pick the Steelers to win it all.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

poptart wrote: Green Bay - 21
Chicago - 17

Pittsburgh - 27
NY Jets - 18

THIS was was some DAMN straight shooting Pops
Go Patriots! ! ! !