Future Schedules

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Future Schedules

Post by Killian »

Sometimes I wish Van were still here, you know, with ND scheduling 10 win seasons and all:

Date Opponent Site Reference
September 1 vs. Navy Aviva Stadium • Dublin, Ireland
September 8 Purdue Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
September 15 at Michigan State Spartan Stadium • East Lansing, MI
September 22 Michigan Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
October 6 vs. Miami Soldier Field • Chicago, IL
October 13 Stanford Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
October 20 BYU Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
October 27 at Oklahoma Oklahoma Memorial Stadium • Norman, OK
November 3 Pittsburgh Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
November 10 at Boston College Alumni Stadium • Chestnut Hill, MA
November 17 Wake Forest Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
November 24 at USC Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum • Los Angeles, CA
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Killian wrote:September 22 Michigan Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
Killian, is that 2012 schedule? I assume so, since you guys just played home vs. UM, at MSU and at USC this past season. :?:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian

Post by Killian »

Yeah, sorry. That was 2012. Here is 2011:

Date Opponent Site Reference
September 3 South Florida Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
September 10 at Michigan Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI
September 17 Michigan State Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
September 24 at Pittsburgh Heinz Field • Pittsburgh, PA
October 1 at Purdue Ross-Ade Stadium • West Lafayette, IN
October 8 Air Force Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
October 22 USC Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
October 29 Navy Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
November 5 at Wake Forest BB&T Field • Winston-Salem, NC
November 12 vs. Maryland FedExField • Landover, MD
November 19 Boston College Notre Dame Stadium • Notre Dame, IN
November 26 at Stanford Stanford Stadium • Stanford, CA
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Ohio State 2011 Schedule
Sat, Sep 03 Akron • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Sep 10 Toledo • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Sep 17 at Miami (FL) • Miami, Florida
Sat, Sep 24 Colorado • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Oct 01 Michigan State • Columbus, Ohio

Sat, Oct 08 at Nebraska • Lincoln, Nebraska
Sat, Oct 15 at Illinois • Champaign, Illinois
Sat, Oct 29 Wisconsin • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Nov 05 Indiana • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Nov 12 at Purdue • West Lafayette, Indiana
Sat, Nov 19 Penn State • Columbus, Ohio
Sat, Nov 26 at Michigan • Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sat, Dec 03 *Big Ten Championship Game • Indianapolis, Indiana
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Holy shit, Killian. That's pretty serious.

I would add "It's almost SEC-ish", but I'm going to try to not be an arrogant SECBSH for a while. :lol:
Top to bottom, it’s probably stronger than any SEC schedule. I believe that Purdue at 5-7 and USC (probation) are the only non-bowl teams. No Vanderbilts or Georgia States on that schedule.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Killian wrote:September 10 at Michigan Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI
Under the lights baby!!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Holy shit, Killian. That's pretty serious.

I would add "It's almost SEC-ish", but I'm going to try to not be an arrogant SECBSH for a while. :lol:
Top to bottom, it’s probably stronger than any SEC schedule. I believe that Purdue at 5-7 and USC (probation) are the only non-bowl teams. No Vanderbilts or Georgia States on that schedule.
Wake Forest?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:Wake Forest?
Just 9 plays away from the championship game.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Michigan State may wanna rethink this after the Capital One Bowl, though. :D
This.

Although I expect the o and d lines to be significantly improved by then, which will make a world of difference. In other words they'll probably lose in Tuscaloosa 106-3, but perhaps they can put on a respectable showing at home. At least you guys are hopping a bird and traveling north to a foreign land. Props to that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote: Samford, NE Oklahoma, Miami (OH) would be a nice OOC for an SEC school...
ftfy :D
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote:
When did they announce that Indy would be the CCG site?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
L45B wrote:
When did they announce that Indy would be the CCG site?
A long time ago. Get your head out of the mop bucket.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Oklahoma has FSU (2011), TCU (2012), ND (2012, 2013), Tennessee (2014, 2015), Ohio State (2016, 2017), and LSU (2018) on future OOC schedules.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Stanford has a very SEC-like OOC for the next two years of San Jose State, Duke and Notre Dame.

At least they're all home-and-home so they have to get on a jet airplane a few times (prolly not to San Jose, though).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ND's 2012 run is something of a muderer's row... they better bring it, or I could see a buncha L's in that run.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Major props to Notre Dame's 2012 slate...that's nasty! Me likey that Oregon-LSU game next year.

Hoke's first season appears to be quite friendly...first 5 games at home including against his old San Diego State team on September 24. They've got the night game with Notre Dame the second game of the year...they get a warm-up against Western (sup Screw). 4 road games...all Big Ten games with Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa and Illinois. They finish with Nebraska and Ohio State at home...definitely some big boy games there. I'll be okay with a .500 season out of the gate.

2012 is going to be a bitch...the opener against Bama at the Jerry Dome along with road games against Notre Dame, Nebraska and Ohio State. Two more non-conference opponents have yet to be announced nor do they have their bye week figured in. With the new conference setup, there's no Wisconsin the next two years. Iowa and Michigan State are at the Big House...the Iowa game is the week prior to the Ohio State game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

MSU has another cake OOC slate next year. But Big Ten play opens right off the bat with @ Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, @ Nebraska. Meatgrindage.

There are future home and homes with Boise St and Alabama. One season in particular (2016 I think?) has Bama, ND, and South Florida on the schedule. I suppose that could be really tough or smoke and mirrors. Tough to say how good USF and ND will be at this point.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:MSU has another cake OOC slate next year. But Big Ten play opens right off the bat with @ Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, @ Nebraska. Meatgrindage.
I don't think anyone has a tougher conference schedule than Nebraska next season. Anyone have their OOC schedule handy?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

FLW Buckeye wrote: I don't think anyone has a tougher conference schedule than Nebraska next season. Anyone have their OOC schedule handy?

You DO remember that Nebraska is now in the "big 10".....

Also, Chattanooga is on your plate next year.... :?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jsc810 wrote:Rack ND's schedule.
4 road games gets a Rack? Wasnt aware the domers joined the SEC

Sept. 3 Minnesota
Sept. 10 Utah
Sept. 17 Syracuse
Sept. 24 at Arizona State
Oct. 1 Arizona
Oct. 13 (Thurs.) at California
Oct. 22 at Notre Dame
Oct. 29 Stanford
Nov. 5 at Colorado
Nov. 12 Washington
Nov. 19 at Oregon
Nov. 26 UCLA

USC only has 5 road games in 2011 but they had 7 road games in 2010
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Rack ND's schedule.
4 road games gets a Rack? Wasnt aware the domers joined the SEC
The Navy game is counted as a roadie. In any event, it's not exactly what one would call an easy trip. That's Dublin, Ireland, not Dublin, Ohio.

The 2011 schedule has five true roadies, as well as what should be a de facto roadie for the neutral site game (Maryland in Fed Ex Field). That said, there probably will be at least as many ND fans as Terps fans at that one.
Killian wrote:Sometimes I wish Van were still here, you know, with ND scheduling 10 win seasons and all:
Wasn't Van saying that ND needed to join the Big Ten in order to fix its scheduling? Never mind that even in recent years, ND's SOS would have put them, in a worst-case scenario, right smack dab in the middle of the Big Ten.

I told him until I was blue in the face that it was a temporary glitch caused by White boxing us into a 7-4-1 format. He didn't believe me. Maybe he does now.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote: USC only has 5 road games in 2011 but they had 7 road games in 2010
USC scheduled the 7th roadie so you guys would have a psuedo bowl game, dip shit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote: I don't think anyone has a tougher conference schedule than Nebraska next season. Anyone have their OOC schedule handy?

Oregon has LSU, Nevada, and had Utah, but with them coming on board, 10 conference game didn't work, so there's still an open date... which unfortunately on such short notice will probably end up being Portland St. or some other 1AA that's paycheck-hunting. I hope not, but that's usually how short-notice scheduling goes.

Got two open dates for 2012 -- and the one that's sceduled is Montana St.

WTF, Chuck? Buy that one out and get a real game. Gonna be tough with two open dates still to fill... what's fucked up is that they scheduled tougher than shit years back, and teams are cancelling (sup Georgia).
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:

Oregon has LSU, Nevada, and had Utah, but with them coming on board, 10 conference game didn't work, so there's still an open date... which unfortunately on such short notice will probably end up being Portland St. or some other 1AA that's paycheck-hunting. I hope not, but that's usually how short-notice scheduling goes.
He said tougher conference schedule. The Big 10 kinda loaded them up for their inaugural season. (Insert reading comprehension smack here).

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote: Oregon has LSU, Nevada, and had Utah, but with them coming on board, 10 conference game didn't work, so there's still an open date...
Colorado and Cal were scheduled to play in Boulder as the completion of a home-home from last season. But, looks like that is off the schedule at the CU site. Be interesting to see how CU schedules once in the Pac....since they've played a lot of Pac teams OOC in the last decade or so. UCLA, USC, Cal, WSU, UW, ASU...home and homes off the top of my head since 00 or 99. Do they turn around and schedule Big XII teams? Possibly NU? Talk is they'd like to get into Houston recruiting so you hear Rice and Houston being bandied about...as well as SMU or North Texas (Dallas). I think you see them try and play some Big East teams since there's a significant East Coast CU alum base.

I also suspect that (independent of the Pac move) CU's AD will be moving in the direction of schedules designed to produce bowl eligibility at minimum. Not quite Snyder style, but less emphasis on the "anywhere, anyplace" OOC scheduling they've had since McCartney. As bad as Hawkins was, he didn't get any favors with playing two of the FSU, WVU, UGA, Cal type programs each season along with CSU.

the future you'll see something like next season: 1 top team (tOSU), CSU ("rival"), good mid major (Hawaii), cupcake (to replace Cal i've heard talk of Northern Colorado or one of the Dakota schools).
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:He said tougher conference schedule.

Indeed he did -- then asked about OOCs.

Forgive my confusion.

And KC -- I really hope that Chip's staff (several of who have been around since the 80's) inform him all about Colorado faking a punt in the 4th while up by about a hundred points.

Screw that "having class" shit when it comes to CU... add them to the list with UDub. Go for 2 after every tuddy, and try to score triple-digits on them. Yeah, I know it was Weasel, but fuck'em anyway.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nebraska's Big 10 slate:

Oct 1 at Wisconsin
Oct 8 Ohio State
Oct 22 at Minnesota
Oct 29 Michigan St
Nov 5 Northwestern
Nov 12 at Penn State
Nov 19 at Michigan
Nov 26 Iowa

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Killian wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: USC only has 5 road games in 2011 but they had 7 road games in 2010
USC scheduled the 7th roadie so you guys would have a psuedo bowl game, dip shit.

When the priest was sticking his cock in your mouth as a child, he must have bruised your brain. The Hawai'i game was scheduled 6 years ago, not thrown on to the schedule after USC was overly sanctioned by the NCAA
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

FLW Buckeye wrote:
I don't think anyone has a tougher conference schedule than Nebraska next season. Anyone have their OOC schedule handy?
Tennessee/Chattanooga
Fresno State
Washington
at Wyoming
Killian

Post by Killian »

The only dick sucker in this thread is you after your sons latest athletic endevor. Besides, Irish priests aren't that big.

Maybe you are right. In that case Garrett was an even dumber AD than originally thought.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

2011:
Charleston Southern
Oklahoma
Lou-Monroe
@ gaytors

2012:
West Virginia
@ South Florida
Murray State
gaytors

2013:
Nevada
@ West Virginia
@ gaytors
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Killian wrote:The only dick sucker in this thread is you after your sons latest athletic endevor. Besides, Irish priests aren't that big.

Maybe you are right. In that case Garrett was an even dumber AD than originally thought.
Trojan fans enjoy the road trip to Hawaii at the end of every few summers, when the Notre Dame contract runs out after 2013 and the Irish dont want to move their games vs USC to the first 3 weeks of the season, look for USC to replace the Irish full time with Hawaii, especially when the road trip every other year awards the Trojans a 13th scheduled regular season game and lets face it..... Hawaii is a hell of a lot nicer place to go to than South Bend. I dont know if you can say Garrett was dumb for scheduling a 7 road and 6 home game season, Im not even sure if the conference had gone to 5 road games every other year when the contract with Hawaii was made. The Trojans arent going to start backing out of contracts... anyone, anywhere, anytime, even after other schools get the NCAA to do what they could not, tear down the program
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

SoCalTrjn wrote:when the Notre Dame contract runs out after 2013 and the Irish dont want to move their games vs USC to the first 3 weeks of the season, . . .
A few points:

1. I've heard the current contract runs through 2016, not 2013.

2. The fat lady hasn't quite sung yet on the Pac requirement to play all OOC games in the first 3 weeks of the season. If USC wants to challenge that, I think they'll have some support. I would imagine Utah wants to keep BYU as a late-season game, and if Stanford wants to continue with ND, they likely would support USC as well.

3. If it comes down to that, ND is more likely to dump the Big Ten than USC on their schedule.

Or are you just afraid that Lane Kitten is about to take some beatdowns in the upcoming seasons?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Tell you what, douchy, I'll make a hungus bet with you right now that the USC/ND contract will be renewed. Deal?
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Appalachian St
at East Carolina
at Marshall
Arkansas State

East Carolina
at Pittsburgh
Bowling Green
Cincinnati

Jesus, the Hokies must be petitioning to join the SEC or something with those Little Debbie OCC matchups.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:
stuckinia wrote:
Appalachian St

Jesus, the Hokies must be petitioning to join the SEC or something with those Little Debbie OCC matchups.
I beg your pardon?

Sin,

Michigan
App. St. is a step up from James Madison.

sin,
MA
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

why do you seem to think that USC or Stanford has anything to gain by playing notre dame? A team plays OOC or road games because it wants to have a presence in certain regions, the reason oregon and washington cried to play in LA every year is because they recruit most of their talent from the LA area. There is nothing in indiana that is of any use to USC or Stanford, nothing. Its time to let that tradition die, USC would be better off playing OOC games vs schools in the south east or texas where the talent lies, indiana is a wasteland.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Yeah, its too bad USC doesn't have any talent on its roster from the midwest. You know, like RoJo, Nick Perry or Kyle Prater.

And aren't you the one who thinks teams should be restricted to their home state to recruit?

You're right, Stanford and USC have nothing to gain by playing ND.

How about that bet?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Killian wrote:And aren't you the one who thinks teams should be restricted to their home state to recruit?

Pretty ease to support... when you live in by far the most populous state in the country.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

SoCalTrjn wrote:why do you seem to think that USC or Stanford has anything to gain by playing notre dame? A team plays OOC or road games because it wants to have a presence in certain regions, the reason oregon and washington cried to play in LA every year is because they recruit most of their talent from the LA area. There is nothing in indiana that is of any use to USC or Stanford, nothing. Its time to let that tradition die, USC would be better off playing OOC games vs schools in the south east or texas where the talent lies, indiana is a wasteland.
You're falling into the ESPN-esque trap of thinking that ND only has a regional appeal. Not true -- ND has national appeal, witness the NBC contract.

An OOC game vs. ND guarantees both USC and Stanford a nationally-televised game every other year. In the other years, it guarantees, at a minimum, a regional TV broadcast affecting a significant region of the country outside California -- likely most of the U.S. east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line. That's an area where USC is rarely on TV, and Stanford is on TV even less often than USC. At a minimum. And ND @ USC could very well be a national TV matchup, depending on how both teams are doing.

Go ahead, why don't you list for me the potential OOC opponents for USC and Stanford that offer the same kind of TV exposure that ND does, regardless of how well the team is doing in any given year? It won't be a long list.

Oh, and weren't you the one who said that Syracuse was a more attractive OOC opponent than ND because there was more recruiting talent available in New York than in Indiana? I'll call bullshit on that one, based on the following:

1. I live about a two-hour drive away from SU, so I have at least some idea of the amount of talent coming out of this area. As I said, about a dozen or so 1-A recruits per year, on average. And if anything, that's probably a generous estimate.

2. There are two other BCS-level schools in Indiana besides ND, both of whom apparently rely on in-state talent to a far greater extent than ND does.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/ppj/roster
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/iie/roster

And as Killian noted, you're the one who thinks teams should only recruit in-state. So I guess that means that USC's OOC schedule should include Fresno State, San Diego State and San Jose State every year. In that case, maybe you should apply for membership to the SEC. :lol: