U Michigan jet in Baton Rouge

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M Club
el capitán

Re: U Michigan jet in Baton Rouge

Post by M Club »

echoed. i personally like the rumor i read about JOHN harbaugh. go chiefs, i suppose, so we can get this shiz done.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The grass isn't always greener on the other side...but it might taste better.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

all of a sudden, maybe that 7 win guy with a sack-full of starters returning doesn't look so bad?

all this airplane talk is starting to remind me of the NU hire that eventuated in Bill Callahan (or the 2 UF hires where the Gators and Jeremy Foley got Bob Stoops because Carol Stoops "loved Florida"...halcyon days on the homer boards....). Though, I think the "worst" UM does is Hoke....and I like Hoke. Thought he'd be a good hire for Colorado-to-the Pac with some West Coast cred/connect....but, UM isn't Minnesota or even a slouching away from Bethlehem Colorado with a wheel in the ditch.

all of which is a round a'bout way to say i think Miles is LSU's guy for a good while.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The grass isn't always greener on the other side...but it might taste better.
RACK!!

/s/

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote: all of which is a round a'bout way to say i think Miles is LSU's guy for a good while.
miles is an over-signing sleezebag. not the best guy to bring in right now considering we're in trouble for stretching. (should have just let them test drive cars instead.)

also, michigan fans tend to felate ourselves with talk of a "michigan man." i presume that means character, integrity, and all sorts of other vague bullshit. don't know how reflective of that miles would be if he came just after assuring his team he wasn't going anywhere.

and considering all the criticism dickrod got from the local media for leaving wvu while still under contract, i imagine the same criteria will be used when considering the miles or hoke or whomever hire. never really heard much about the two years harbaugh still had on his at standford.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote:all of which is a round a'bout way to say i think Miles is LSU's guy for a good while.
tell me if this sounds like a guy who's going to be around for a good while:

http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=113142724&sec=554827

Les Miles. Smooooth as always.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:Michigan and Les Miles deserve each other.
god i hate you. it's like my poor grandmother was shot dead in a drive by, we cremated her, and now god is kicking her can of ashes down the road. even if we win it's going to be because our players get free tattoos and access to dealership rides.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

M Club wrote:also, michigan fans tend to felate ourselves with talk of a "michigan man."
It's because your fan base is completely delusional. If you turds want a Michigan Man, by definition, your AD's plane should be parked in Ohio somewhere.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i love when people hit "quote" just to restate the exact same thing.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

King Crimson wrote:all this airplane talk is starting to remind me of the NU hire that eventuated in Bill Callahan (or the 2 UF hires where the Gators and Jeremy Foley got Bob Stoops because Carol Stoops "loved Florida"...halcyon days on the homer boards....).
Not to mention the days when ND's jet was seen in Weak Take Lake because Urban Meyer told anyone who would listen that ND was his "dream job."

While we're on the topic, I find it a little strange that JSC is hoping against hope that Miles remains at LSU, while MizzouFan, of all people, has been all but begging any program in the market for a new coach that will listen to take a much better coach, Gary Pinkel, off his program's hands. Ponderous, that.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I think JSC is in the minority when it comes to LSU fan's opinion on Miles.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:... a much better coach, Gary Pinkel...
one has built his team into a consistent powerhouse in the sec while the other has failed to turn his program into anything more than an afterthought in an average conference.

i'm only defending miles now since i got this message from my "inside" source:
Les Miles it is. Hilarious since we should of got him in the first place... Thanks Lloyd Carr.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

M Club wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:... a much better coach, Gary Pinkel...
one has built his team into a consistent powerhouse in the sec while the other has failed to turn his program into anything more than an afterthought in an average conference.
LSU's program has much greater upside than Missouri's program does, at least from an historical perspective. Therein lies the rub.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

hardly much of a rub. look at lsu before saban and miles got there. weren't exactly world beaters. and look at all the other powers that be in the sec: teams are cycling through the top but not staying there the way miles has done with lsu. and oh ja, miles was able to turn his stint in the big xii into that lsu job.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

I would say that Florida has been another consistent in the upper echelon of the Meatgrinder, as has Alabama, albeit a later returnee to that status than the others.

As for Missouri, they were one game away from playing for the national championship in '07, and won 10 games this year. How many times in, oh, say, the 30 years prior to that had they even remotely approached that level of success?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

There will be an interview tomorrow. I've read all kinds of things. Les is coming, Les isn't coming, Les' wife doesn't want to come back to AA. Here's a story from a Lousiana tv channel.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-footb ... ton-rouge/
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

WolverineSteve wrote:Les' wife doesn't want to come back to AA.
I haven't been to Ann Arbor. I have no idea what it is like there, but I have been to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is an absolute shithole that a shithole like Houston would even turn its nose up to. The entire state of Louisianna is an absolute shithole cesspool. Yeah, Detroit sucks. There's some nice areas in Michigan though. The winters suck, but you don't have to stick around for that. It's not that Michigan is that great. I just see no reason why she would she wouldn't want to GTFO of Louisianna.

Who would look at this and say, "Hmm....no, I like it here."

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

IndyFrisco wrote:
I haven't been to Ann Arbor. I have no idea what it is like there, but I have been to Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is an absolute shithole that a shithole like Houston would even turn its nose up to. The entire state of Louisianna is an absolute shithole cesspool. Yeah, Detroit sucks. There's some nice areas in Michigan though. The winters suck, but you don't have to stick around for that. It's not that Michigan is that great. I just see no reason why she would she wouldn't want to GTFO of Louisianna.

Who would look at this and say, "Hmm....no, I like it here."

I think it may have more to do with Les' extra curricular shenannigans than geograph, weather, or other factors.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:
I think it may have more to do with Les' extra curricular shenannigans than geograph, weather, or other factors.
You mean he was eatin' more than grass up there?
Yeah, he bangs coaches wives (allegedly)
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

-John Heisman

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

This has always been one of my favorites:

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Clip from after the Cotton Bowl...nice non-answers.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jsc810 wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Who would look at this and say, "Hmm....no, I like it here."
Right, because the entire state is an Exxon refinery.

Do you like to fish? If so, let me know the next time you're here. And even if not, perhaps I could show you something other than a refinery, you just might be surprised.
The entire city of Baton Rouge is a cancer cluster, your water is hopelessly polluted, you're a hurricane away from going under water...

By comparison, Ann Arbor is a veritable paradise on earth.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Killian wrote:I think JSC is in the minority when it comes to LSU fan's opinion on Miles.
I agree with that. It has to suck for Miles to have to put up with that when all he does is win.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I always thought Les Miles was the SEC OOC scheduling model.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc810 wrote:Do you like to fish? If so, let me know the next time you're here. And even if not, perhaps I could show you something other than a refinery, you just might be surprised.
I grew up fishing in the Gulf. I'm from a town just down the road from Galveston, TX. I still go fishing every time I go down to visit my parents and brother who still live there. Does not change the fact Baton Rouge is a shithole. It is not an indictment on you so don't take it personally. It is what it is. I just don't see Les Miles saying he wants to stay at LSU for the fishing.

Last I checked, Michigan is kind of close to a few bodies of water as well where fishing probably takes place.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

IndyFrisco wrote:Last I checked, Michigan is kind of close to a few bodies of water as well where fishing probably takes place.
For some reason, Lake Michigan comes to mind, and I'm pretty sure they've stocked that little pond.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Last I checked, Michigan is kind of close to a few bodies of water as well where fishing probably takes place.
For some reason, Lake Michigan comes to mind, and I'm pretty sure they've stocked that little pond.
No comparison between saltwater and freshwater fishin’. Just sayin’.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Jsc810 wrote: If that is what he wants to do, then I hope I get a chance to shake his hand, tell him thanks, and wish him and his family all the best at Michigan.
maybe you should enter this dumbshit contest for a chance to do just that.

http://www.mgoblue.com/promotions/football-history.html
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mace wrote:
No comparison between saltwater and freshwater fishin’. Just sayin’.
I agree, but these aren't little ole bluegill that were caught out of Lake Michigan. (And "trolling" isn't fishing which is what many saltwater fishing excursions do.)

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Unless you have a cheapass fishing pole from Target in one hand, a beer in the other, and a container of Walts Crawlers...it ain't fishing.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Miles staying at LSU
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yes, redfish are fun to catch. One of my favorite saltwater fish to fish for. They put up a helluva fight.

I can't remember the last time I used bait to fish. It's all about the lures.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

When the fuck did smackaholic start writing for ESPN?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6011557
Les Miles staying at LSUEmail Print Comments230 By Adam Rittenberg
ESPN.com
Archive
Les Miles will remain LSU's coach after talking with Michigan officials about the vacancy at his alma mater.

LSU athletic director Joe Alleva released a statement Tuesday confirming that Miles will return for a seventh season with the Tigers.

"I am pleased to announce that Les Miles will remain the head coach at LSU," Alleva said in the statement. "Les has led this program to many great successes on the field and his players represent LSU well off the field. We look forward to many great years of LSU football under his leadership."

Miles met with Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon and other school representatives Monday night in Baton Rouge but did return with them to Ann Arbor. He reportedly met with Alleva later Monday.

Miles is scheduled to speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention Tuesday afternoon in Dallas.

Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005. He has four years remaining on his contract at LSU.

Miles was an offensive lineman on two Big Ten championship teams at Michigan for the late Bo Schembechler, who later gave Miles his first chance to be an assistant coach in 1980. Brandon is a former teammate.

Last Wednesday, Rich Rodriguez was fired as Michigan coach with a 15-22 mark in three seasons.

Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That's like saying it's all about the pussy whether you pay for it or work for it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So now two "michigan men" have turned down the job. Bwaa. Damn.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'll give you three guesses, but you only need 1.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm surprised whatever idiot poster it was who said "Alabama's just not a top level gig anymore" (when they were replacing Shula) hasn't chimed in with a "Michigan's not a top level job these days" blast.

Who was that moron?
The same guy that said Iowa had a better program than 'Bama. Need another clue? Didn't think so.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So now two "michigan men" have turned down the job. Bwaa. Damn.
They'll still wind up with Hoke, most likely. San Diego may be a nicer place to live than Ann Arbor, but the SDSU job isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Michigan job.

I think Hoke takes it, and swallows his pride over being third choice.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: I think Hoke takes it, and swallows his pride over being third choice.
UM better hope so....Hoke might find himself with a nice bargaining position because at some point UM is going to be REALLY desperate....being turned down in public twice is already a blow to the program. After Hoke, then what? you are in Bill Callahan-to-Nebraska territory. At minimum, kiss off this recruiting class and waiting on RichRod's buyout has put UM way behind the hiring cycle/coaching carousel.

Gary Barnett!
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"