Eternal Scobode

Re: Ron Franklin in Trouble

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

bahaaahaaa
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That exchange, verbatim, seems highly improbable. Still funny though.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

asshole is fairly tame. not even newsworthy really.

now, if he had dropped the C-bomb on her, that woulda been funny.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Ron is a good ol' boy. Lives in Austin.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:asshole is fairly tame. not even newsworthy really.

now, if he had dropped the C-bomb on her, that woulda been funny.
Context. Seems bizarre to drop an a-hole bomb on a chick in a MEETING with just casual conversation flowing. Unless they were "tight" like that, and it was all in good fun. Obviously not the case. Queue up the room full of awkward silence after that went down.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

That's pretty funny, given that he's probably the network's best guy in the CFB booth.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:now, if he had dropped the C-bomb on her, that woulda been funny.
Word up on that.

Sin,

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

He's the same one that dropped the "sweetheart" remark on Holly Rowe during the ND-Purdue game in 2005.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jesus, sweet cakes, get a few more Botox injections around your eyes, for fuck's sake.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:bahaaahaaa
Exactly
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Jesus, sweet cakes, get a few more Botox injections around your eyes, for fuck's sake a-hole.
FTFY
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

why do these bitches who dont really belong broadcasting football games have such chips on their shoulders? Cunts should stick to cunt sports, like softball, gymnastics and soccer
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I've determined that saying a-hole is just as funny as saying asshole.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

damn, I'm gonna' miss him doing CBB games as well as he was one the few listenable ones.

PC run amok.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:He's the same one that dropped the "sweetheart" remark on Holly Rowe during the ND-Purdue game in 2005.
I got into it with Holly Rowe at the Iowa-Minnesota game in 2002 up in Minneapolis after the game. My drunk ass kept jumping in front of the camera while she was interviewing one of our players on the field. I did not see her give me a dirty look live but I saw it on the replay later.

I miss being a drunk college kid! Those were the days!
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Adrian Karsten, now Ron Franklin.

Is Mike Gottfried keeping his nose clean?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Papa Willie wrote:http://www.topstorytrends.com/2010/10/8 ... -situation

Funny - they'll let Tirico get away with much worse.

Well then again - he's black and politically protected...
Harold Reynolds was shitcanned. I think it's more of ESPN has taken heat over the years for tuning a blind eye to as Deadspin calls it "horndoggery" and so now they're less tolerant.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Harold Reynolds was shitcanned.
Deservedly so. He earned it.

Bummed me out, since he waseasily the best analyst, and an otherwise solid U&Ler.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i presume if you have daughters that you're a shitty dad. it's not all that hard to not sexually harass people, in case you didn't know.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: He shouldn't have said what he said, but ESPN overreacted in firing him. Apology or not...it was simply a comment. People need to lighten up.
he used gender to disparage a woman in front of her colleagues. that affects the working relationship. doubt anything would have come of if had he called her an a-hole to begin with.

and i doubt espn overreacted. i'm going to go ahead an assume this wasn't a one-off, that there were prior incidences that led to his firing.

If I had a daughter (I do have a granddaughter), I wouldn't want her covering football anyway.
ja, well, sometimes they come home and tell you that's just what they're going to do.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:So this useless sideline reporter who doesn't even look familiar to me will continue her life of "sports journalism", while ESPN cans Franklin, one of the best ever?

She shoulda kept her nose outta the boys' business.
You are truly one stupid motherfucker. Anyone who works in a professional setting knows calling a woman "sweet cakes," "sweet babe," or any variation of a demeaning comment towards a woman is pretty much grounds for getting shitcanned.

The South never ceases to amaze me. Bar-none the dumbest motherfuckers in the country.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack M Club, too. It's one thing to be anti-PC, but when you wear ignorance on your sleeve like a badge of honor, you are truly pathetic.

It is amazing the utter cesspool of stupidity and ignorance that develops when Spray and Slobbering Sam start talking in the same thread, whether discussing college football or what does and doesn't constitute sexual harassment in the workplace.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i wonder where you stood on the whole lawrence phillips thing. "fuck his girlfriend for getting in the way of his fists; now we can't watch a great running back." same with any other abusive dick stoppers that aren't coming to mind right now.

part of being great at something is not fucking up your opportunity to be great at it.

and way to double down on your ignorance: some know-nothing sideline reporter. guarantee were she posting here she could do better than link to five-year-old boise state youtubes.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:If I had a daughter (I do have a granddaughter), I wouldn't want her covering football anyway.
You probably wouldn't want her going ass-to-mouth, either, but she'd probably do it anyway.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Sudden Sam wrote:That said, the man did a great job.
Which is why he's been consistently demoted for the last 15 years, now calling the 9th or 10th best game on the network that no one ever watches.

Just like the "know-nothing" sideline reporters, Franklin will be replaced next year and no one will give a shit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Degenerate wrote:Which is why he's been consistently demoted for the last 15 years, now calling the 9th or 10th best game on the network that no one ever watches.

Just like the "know-nothing" sideline reporters, Franklin will be replaced next year and no one will give a shit.
No shit. I didn't even know who this asshat was until this report about his comment came up. I must have had my head up my ass the entire time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:No shit. I didn't even know who this asshat was until this report about his comment came up. I must have had my head up my ass the entire time.
he's the know-nothing douche working this broadcast:

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't think Franklin is the greatest by any means. he's been doing Big 8/SWC/Big XII regional stuff since i was in jr. high.....and he's widely considered a bit of a Texas homer. he's OK, nothing special. 4/5 times i have games muted and kick some tunes over the top. i can't stand the moronic patter or the commercials anymore. or Herbstreit, he sucks.

he's gone to the Billy Packer school of pick one thing to say about a game or player, repeat it endlessly, and then refer back to it as "like i was saying earlier, Brent" like it was a revelation. a classic Packerism, except instead of curmudgeonly grousing in his special "it's me against the world, you idiots" timbre like Billy, "Herbie" is usually shouting in his staccato monotone droning that makes iambic pentameter sounds like something Elvin Jones played in Trane's later days.

usually, it's something really amazing like...."in order for Kentucky to win, Tony Delk and Antoine Walker need to score". and THEN, when they do score (when didn't they, Billy?)....."like i was saying earlier, Brent"...
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ron Franklin pretty well sucked. Had a lot of WTF moments calling games. Not the sharpest tack by any means. Once called a long snap a pass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: I think what you're trying to say, is that you're a motherfucking pussy. Sam & I aren't. Evidently, you're one of the exact reasons why ESPN fired the guy. Mere words scare the collective shit out of you, and evidently - you think some cunt has her fucking rights in this - when I'm sure there was more to the story.

He should have pulled his dick out and pissed on the fucking cunt.
Your ignorance is breathtaking. Have you ever held a professional job? Have you ever held a desk job? Or have you always worked blue-collar factory jobs?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:M Club equates defending a guy's right to say something
Again, you really are this stupid. We get it.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M Club wrote:and way to double down on your ignorance: some know-nothing sideline reporter. guarantee were she posting here she could do better than link to five-year-old boise state youtubes.
I guarantee you she knows less about football than even toolio.
Sam, I don't know if this is a joke or not, but if it's not, this is JONesq level ignorance.

And shutyomouth, the rules were long established and Franklin repeatedly broke them. You don't have to like the rules, but you do have to play by them. He didn't, so he was fired. I don't see how this is hard to understand.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: I think what you're trying to say, is that you're a motherfucking pussy. Sam & I aren't. Evidently, you're one of the exact reasons why ESPN fired the guy. Mere words scare the collective shit out of you, and evidently - you think some cunt has her fucking rights in this - when I'm sure there was more to the story.

He should have pulled his dick out and pissed on the fucking cunt.
Your ignorance is breathtaking. Have you ever held a professional job? Have you ever held a desk job? Or have you always worked blue-collar factory jobs?
Shocking that his wife left him this past year, isn’t it?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ I think that's the first intelligent thing you've said in years.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote: As stated - I know what their rules are.

I also stated I wouldn't have said it while in the work place, because if I were working for a media outlet, I would know how infiltrated with pussies they are, and how logic doesn't work in such place - only emotion.

However - why couldn't ESPN have gotten them to sit together and work it out? See - what pisses me off about it, is that ESPN was so fucking worried about being politically correct that they didn't even bother. They just knee-jerk fired the guy. THIS is the type shit that is fucking our country in the asshole.

If you are going to be gestapo-like in your approach - why not fire COON Tirico for what he did years ago (read the article)? Nothing more than hypocrisy.
I've read the article, and they fired Harold Reynolds for less (allegedly). Franklin was a repeat offender of the Mad Men type of sexual comments. On air, he called Holly Rowe “sweetheart”. We can debate the semantics of what was said and if the person should have taken it as a joke, but like anything else, once you establish a line of behavior, people are going to be ultra sensitive on what you say or do.

And we don’t know what ESPN did or didn’t do. Maybe this was the first time he said this type of stuff to her. Maybe it was the 15th. Maybe she’s a vindictive cunt who threatened to get Gloria Aldred on the phone the moment he finished saying it. I have no idea. But Franklin knew the rules and broke them time and again.

Sam, my buddy was down in Mexico two years ago on vacation with his wife. Staying at his resort was Erin Andrews. This was right after her little video got out. Said buddy approached her and struck up a conversation with her at the bar about college football. My buddy said he was shocked about how much she knew on the subject. My response was “why?” There are thousands of girls out there hotter than Erin Andrews and this plastic twat, there’s a reason they were hired by ESPN. I’m sure many of them would put the majority on this board to shame in terms of their football knowledge.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Killian wrote:they fired Harold Reynolds for less (allegedly). Franklin was a repeat offender

From what I hear (because rumor is always fact), Harold was begged by ESPN on many occasions to stop feeling up the female employees. He refused to abide.

His termination was several years in the making.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Tirico in a strictly professional sense sucks at his job. unless being as banal as possible in his job. that he's a scumbag, is even more great.

Tirico style word is born action:

"If Mickelson makes this putt, he'll go from 14 under.....to 15 under".

"...having just finished the 17th, Woods has but one hole to play**......the 18th".

thanks Mike.

**hanging curve ball there, I know.
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Shocking that his wife left him this past year, isn’t it?
If she did, I hope she hooks up with you. Then YOU can pay for her ass. :D
At least she’d finally get a proper fucking.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim