Jerseys, collectibles and/or team gear

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Jerseys, collectibles and/or team gear

Post by Th »

Anybody collect or sport any gear to represent their team? For exaple; I have many of the things my dad collected for me when I was young - he gave them to me just before he passed away. He had kept John Hannah & Steve Grogan 'authentic' jerseys for me as well as football cards, bobblehead dolls, Superbowl pragams and stuff like that. My son will be the heir to the collection at some point. I have gotten him a complete set of Topps NFL Cards every year for Christmas since his birth. They all sit in the collection, unopened in their boxes. A GREAT deal of other things have been added to the collection over the last decade during the Patriots successes. How about you guys?
Go Patriots! ! ! !
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Jerseys, collectibles and/or team gear

Post by R-Jack »

I have a Howie Long jersey and a autographed Tim Brown game (not game used) helmet. If they weren't gifted to me from well meaning relatives, I'd have nothing other than a couple of t-shirts and a hat. I'm not big on memorabilia of any kind.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

My most prized sports possession is a university of Houston authentic basketball jersey signed by Akeem Olajuwon and Clyde drexler.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Got a few jerseys, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Of course I have 6 different Terrible Towels. But my favorite piece of "memorabilia" is the 14x11 framed picture I created while running QA tests on my former company's wide format printer.

Here's the picture. It hangs in my living room.

:mrgreen:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IndyFrisco wrote:My most prized sports possession is a university of Houston authentic basketball jersey signed by Akeem Olajuwon and Clyde drexler.
That's really cool. You could frame it and it would look great on a wall or next to one of your 27 televisions.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:My most prized sports possession is a university of Houston authentic basketball jersey signed by Akeem Olajuwon and Clyde drexler.
That's really cool. You could frame it and it would look great on a wall or next to one of your 27 televisions.
I only have 16 tvs but I hear you. Though I did just put one in the attic because I could not find an outlet and cable input for it. I can still dream....
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I've got plenty of sports gear, I've always been that kind of person. I have a ton of hats and I just bought a Nationals spring jacket because it was $20 at Modell's for Christmas. But I'm not big on autographed memorabilia. I still like jerseys, but I can't justify buying jerseys on a jizz-mopper salary. I'd really like to get a Caps jersey, but can't justify the money for the five times (at most) I'd wear it during a season.

Nationals store still selling this for $50. Rack me.

For jerseys, I have a Tony Amonte Blackhawks jersey, the old third style they used to wear (the one at the bottom):

Home Flyers Lindros jersey:

I also have a green Michigan State road hockey jersey from 1997 which I can't find in a google search.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Not much of a collector. I've got a few Padres 1998 WS t-shirts, a couple of programs from Tony Gwynn's HOF induction (which we went to), a foul ball I caught (OK picked up on the bounce) off Yorvit Torrealba's bat during Greg Maddux's 300th win at PacBell Park, a lot of old Padre cap-day caps, including one with 5 "Goose Saved the Game" pins that they used to give out in 1984 whenever he had a save.

Some old autographs I got when I was a kid got lost somewhere, including Rick Barry and about half the Cleveland Browns team, including Leroy Kelly, that I got when they practiced at my HS.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

lots of signed Boise State stuff

second season autographed Elway card

edgerrin james autographed jersey from his Colts days

rookie autographed JJ Hardy baseball card and a few other odds and ends
get out, get out while there's still time
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

I have a pretty good collection of Packer stuff- mostly autographed 8x10s. I've got probably 75 of them, with the best one being an autographed Starr jersey (every one I have I've had signed in person). Once I'm done renovating my basement and get them placed back on display I'll throw some pics up on here.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Ton of shit, some in the attic which is a crime...
Go Bucs, Gators
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

packwin13 wrote:best one being an autographed Starr jersey
Starr wasn't the best QB, but he was a great leader

I used to work in a gun store downtown and Jerry Kramer used to be a pretty regular patron....I worked in the gunsmithing area when he brought down a 30-06 to have some work done on it.....I went out and bought one of these photos and when he came back to pick up his gun I had him sign it

I know it's around here somewhere
get out, get out while there's still time