OU-NU

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

OU-NU

Post by War Wagon »

Not to go all trev here, but if my Tigers can't be in this game... I guess it's fitting that two old school rivals that predate the Big XII by a factor of 11 are once again facing off.

I hope Oklahoma wins 59-0
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Re: OU-NU

Post by campinfool »

This is a Texas' fan worst nightmare. Kinda of like having to decide between syphilis or ghonneria.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

It's obvious. You root for NU!

Then when Red River comes next year, you can hold it over their heads that not only did they lose the title to the team leaving, but you guys beat NU when OU couldn't.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Congrats Sooners...I was rooting for you the whole game. Despite the recent sentiments on this board between I and OU fan, I won't forget the RED carpet rolled out for me and my clan in Norman. Great tailgating down there...I will miss it.

Glad we didn't have to play Okie lite again....but that Sooner D looked good for 3 qtrs. Should be a brawl and I'm glad the two top Big 8 teams will battle one last time.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'd still rather be playing Mizzou. The Nebraska under thirty-five contingency of the fan base I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I'd still rather be playing Mizzou. The Nebraska under thirty-five contingency of the fan base I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

If you'd rather be playing fucking Mizzou at the end of an era based off some stupid shit on this board vs the history of NU and OU then you're not really a Sooner fan. Ask around in your own parts. I'm confident you'd be advised of and labeled the tard that you are. Congrats.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

campinfool wrote:This is a Texas' fan worst nightmare. Kinda of like having to decide between syphilis or ghonneria.
Well then we call gonorrhea. Your scabby, pus-filled lesions are worse than ours sooners. HA.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

H4ever wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I'd still rather be playing Mizzou. The Nebraska under thirty-five contingency of the fan base I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

If you'd rather be playing fucking Mizzou at the end of an era based off some stupid shit on this board vs the history of NU and OU then you're not really a Sooner fan. Ask around in your own parts. I'm confident you'd be advised of and labeled the tard that you are. Congrats.

Because of a message board? No, it has everything to do with my experience in 2006 in Kansas City, 2005 in Lincoln, and 2004 in Norman, and the fifteen bandwagoners at the bar who suddenly came out of the woodwork this season at the place where the OU alumni association meets out here to have our watch parties.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

It should be OU in NU again, have the upmost respect for bug eater fan, have to get a shot in from the Rome days.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
H4ever wrote:

Because of a message board? No, it has everything to do with my experience in 2006 in Kansas City, 2005 in Lincoln, and 2004 in Norman, and the fifteen bandwagoners at the bar who suddenly came out of the woodwork this season at the place where the OU alumni association meets out here to have our watch parties.
What fan base doesn't have jerkoffs that don't know how to act at a football game?

I witnessed some hillbilly Iowa fans getting into a big time argument on the way outside of the Outback Bowl in 2005 with this 60 year old Florida fan. What was it over? The Florida fan said that the refs didn't screw Iowa over and that the better team won. Another Gator fan was telling these idiots to shut the fuck up. So I went up to this Gator fan to assure him that not all of us Iowa fans act like that. Unfortunately, there's about 10-20 dipshits at every single football game you go to, but I've found that the vast majority of every fan base are pretty solid people.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

OUMO wrote:It should be OU in NU again, have the upmost respect for bug eater fan, have to get a shot in from the Rome days.

:lol:

utmost respect..but yer gonna call em bugeaters. :bode:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: What fan base doesn't have jerkoffs that don't know how to act at a football game?
none. but that's not the point. i can confirm the "sea-change" in NU fan attitudes from when i was first meeting them 20 years ago.

out of respect for the past, i'm happy to shelve the Sooner-Husker animosity for the week. whatever happens, it was fun as hell to get over on the Pokes in their own crib (again)...and for the 2nd year in a row deprive them of a BCS bowl shot. Christmas extended fam stuff is gonna be fun....

Boomer Sooner and GBR.

someone print up those OU/NU 2010 Big 8 Champs tees. heh.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Moby Dick wrote:
OUMO wrote:It should be OU in NU again, have the upmost respect for bug eater fan, have to get a shot in from the Rome days.

:lol:

utmost respect..but yer gonna call em bugeaters. :bode:

I don't mind that nickname as I used to have a shirt that said it. It was our original nickname (or one of them) before finally deciding on Cornhuskers.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

King Crimson wrote:
TheJON wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: What fan base doesn't have jerkoffs that don't know how to act at a football game?
none. but that's not the point. i can confirm the "sea-change" in NU fan attitudes from when i was first meeting them 20 years ago.

out of respect for the past, i'm happy to shelve the Sooner-Husker animosity for the week. whatever happens, it was fun as hell to get over on the Pokes in their own crib (again)...and for the 2nd year in a row deprive them of a BCS bowl shot. Christmas extended fam stuff is gonna be fun....

Boomer Sooner and GBR.

someone print up those OU/NU 2010 Big 8 Champs tees. heh.
Screw it....i'm with Crimson. Somehow, It feels better knowing that, once again, Nebraska or Okalohoma will come out on top pending the outcome of the game. As sweet as it would be to beat OU one last time.....there's still going to be some sadness to go along with it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

As an old fart, I'm glad to see OU and Nebraska in the Big XII CCG, and it seems to me only appropriate that's the manner in which the Big XII CCG's are closing out.

Now, if only we could pull Keith Jackson out of retirement to call this game . . .
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote:Got a feeling it will be a damned good game, too!
Doubt it. The fix is already in.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

War Wagon wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Got a feeling it will be a damned good game, too!
Doubt it. The fix is already in.
rack? tell me you wouldn't want the integrity of the game to be compromised by corruption...again. tell me you want the best team to win without any impropriety evident.

Stoops is smart enough to know that all he needs to do in the 4th qtr, if this game is close, is to wing the ball 30 yards downfield and pick up the automatic pass interference for a 15 yd gain and automatic first down. If a Nebraska player is within one yard, they will flag it.

Let's just see if Beebe has the nads in front of a national audience after what transpired during the AtM game. The media will be focused and so will everyone's attention on the penalties called.

I think they shot themselves in the foot bringing attention to their conspiracy in a regionally televised game. Pelini's behavior and the attention it brought to the penalties may be a blessing in disguise.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

you don't see Husker fan complaining about the refs on Johnny Rodgers punt return in '71. :D
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Let's get this on!

This game is hard to judge. We do have a history against Jones when he threw for five picks last year against NU. Granted there was Suh there last year, which made a huge difference. Still, NU's defense has held its own in several games this year when I thought they'd be vulnerable to a spread-like attack. The key will be to contain OU's rushing attack and forcing Jones to throw a lot.

I'm hearing rumors that Martinez will start, which is good news. Watson will need to spread the duties to Helu, Burkhead and Martinez to keep them all fresh. I like our chances if we don't force things.

NU 20, OU 17
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

At Large wrote: The key will be to contain OU's rushing attack and forcing Jones to throw a lot.
this will happen. OU can't run consistently against a decent front 7. the key is whether "good Landry" or "bad Landry" shows up. or, as in the case of OSU....both.

Also, how effectively will OU throw the ball to people other than Broyles....with Prince A. likely to keep Broyles working hard for every reception.

OU 33 NU 27
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have to pull for my future Big 10 brethren.

NU 24
OU 14
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I don't care who wins, can we get rid of the gay music before a football game?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sooners flagged on the opening kickoff return. WTF? Didn't the officials get the memo from the league office?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:Didn't the officials get the memo from the league office?
har har

Nubs looking strong, OU weak. This is going to suck if it keeps up, like a bitch wiping her cock on the drapes before leaving.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

OUMO wrote:I don't care who wins, can we get rid of the gay music before a football game?

Yeah, ESPN goes way too far with their cutesy music video highlight mash-ups. Much like going to strip clubs...we're not there for the music.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

War Wagon wrote:. . .a bitch wiping her cock on the drapes before leaving.
You been hanging out with Screw lately?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Shoalzie wrote:
OUMO wrote:I don't care who wins, can we get rid of the gay music before a football game?

Yeah, ESPN goes way too far with their cutesy music video highlight mash-ups. Much like going to strip clubs...we're not their for the music.
They hired RichRod to arrange the musical selections.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

NICE!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:You been hanging out with Screw lately?
I see what you tried to do there.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I am very rooting for the Sooners.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sooner magic happening early this game?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I am very rooting for the Sooners.
me too, and that's never happened.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Yep....Boomer fuckin' Sooner! It's anyone's game right now.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Well :hfal: all of you! :)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mace wrote:Yep....Boomer fuckin' Sooner!
In
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

The officiating was more than fair tonight, which is all we ask for.

Congrats on the win.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

This game has been extremely well officiated.
Looks like the Sooners have this one in hand now.

From what I've been told, Iowa will now face Nebraska in the Insight.com Bowl. Supposedly, it would have been Mizzou if Nebraska won tonight.

Props to the Sooners.....and to the Huskers for a great game tonight.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hardly a classic, but i'll take it. my hat is off to both defenses in the 2nd half.

after the 1st Q i thought it was a continuation of last year's game.....no OU O, NU's front 7 dominating the LOS, and Helu going for 60.

war three way tie-breakers.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Anyone want to hire Sean Watson off of us? Please?

Jesus, Dude. All you have to do is to run, run and run some more. Instead, we run and then get cute using a QB with a bum leg and fuck ourselves out of field goal range.

Props to OU for recognizing that and keeping it up. If they let up and not blitz when they did, it's a different ball game. Oh and you guys had the zone read nailed. We ran it way too many times for losses.