hoops tonight

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

hoops tonight

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Final 4 in the Maui Invitational:

MSU
UCONN

Washington
Kentucky

My prediction: MSU squeaks by UCONN and loses to Washington, who looks mighty dangerous.

Typical Izzo basketball in November: uninspired, lineup experiments, lackluster d, poor rebounding, and turnover city. But, this is the typical recipe for success...underachieve early and peak later. Whatever it takes, I guess.

I'm glad Kemba Walker got his Pistol Pete performance out of his system before playing MSU. Chances of him repeating that performance back to back nights are slim. Looking forward to the Walker-Lucas match up though.

Also looking forward to Duke/K-State. Is KSU overrated? I don't know. People know what to expect from them now. Frank Martin seems to push all the right buttons though. Up by 20, ripping his team, and still commanding respect.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: hoops tonight

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

UConn is young and doesn't appear to have much beyond Walker. MSU by 18.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

18? Naw. I'm pretty confident this game will be close. If MSU struggled with S. Carolina and Chaminade, I have no doubt they'll struggle with a young but talented UCONN team who will come into the game with confidence and nothing to lose.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm trying to be stoic here, and i know no one cares but OU is down 16-2 as i check yahoo to a UVA team that lost by 40 last night. i feel like i got punched in the stomach.

same thing happened last night to Kentucky, go down 18 early. like first 5 minutes early. gawd we are bad.

edit: you know, i attended a game in the Tubbs era when OU was ahead of UVA 13-0 before UVA got the ball across midcourt. think about that. seriously. Mookie Blaylock. blast from the past means nothing tonight.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

sparti on suicide watch
why is my neighborhood on fire
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Bizzarofelice wrote:sparti on suicide watch
Nah. Wholly expected performance. Just didn't expect the final minute melt.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Neither team could hit their throws...Walker with the huge shot late. Opponents' note: put Green on the line late in games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

btw, is there a better trio than Bilas, Raftery, and McDonough? McDonough has a great voice and doesn't get too high or low. Raftery is likeable and light-hearted, but oddly refuses to say anything interesting from a basketball perspective. I'm guessing that's what Bilas is for. Good chemistry.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

In

Raftery is fun to listen to.

Frankenstein can inspire the troops, game is in KC, Duke happens. Watch out the KSU kid named McGruder or some shit. Kid has no fear.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Raftery is likeable and light-hearted, but oddly refuses to say anything interesting from a basketball perspective.
Jesus Christ. What would you rather have, an analytical breakdown of the 2-3 zone? How many gallons of fat sweat Bruce Pearl leaves on the floor? Raftery is one of the best in the business, but he's apparently just not good enough for some people. Just let the man do his work. If you want, I'm sure they're plenty of youtubes of Dick Vitale blowing Coach K and Duke.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:lol:

Too easy.