MEMO TO JOE PATERNO

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

MEMO TO JOE PATERNO

Post by PSUFAN »

When you attack with your offense, good things can happen.

McGloin is a fucking gunslinger
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: MEMO TO JOE PATERNO

Post by Mace »

They're off to a good start. Penn State has improved greatly during the season. Hard to believe they're the same team I saw earlier in the year. Mcgloin looks like the real deal.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Does this mean the Rob Bolden era is already over? Hard to make a case against McGloin at this point. PSU looks like a totally different team. Not feeling terribly confident about that match-up in Happy Valley looming.

Still a lot of football left in this one though...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PSU is clearly the most improved team in the conference right now. What a difference a few weeks can make. They go from being completely inept to actually fielding a solid team within a matter of weeks.

I saw the trivia question and tOSU has won 402 games since JoePa took over at Penn State (2 more than PSU). I had guessed the same as Herbstreit did (385). Amazing how close those programs have been over that period.

Also, one other amazing stat was that today was the 1st time a Paterno team threw a TD pass at Ohio State. tOSU always has great defenses, but that is very hard to believe. I believe this is his 10th trip to Columbus.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

first passing td since 1963
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

This Silas Redd kid is very impressive. With him and McGloin next year this could be a very good offense.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

PSUFAN wrote:first passing td since 1963
That is unreal.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Uh oh.....Pick 6....

We are going to see what McGloin is made of now.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

turtling a little bit. have to keep throwing
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Another touchdown pass by Penn State in Columbus!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

TheJON wrote:Another touchdown pass by Penn State in Columbus!
Yep, Pat McGroin has chucked four total today. I'm sure Jay Paterno is proud. :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

L45B wrote:
Yep, Pat McGroin has chucked four total today. I'm sure Jay Paterno is proud. :D
Joe would be proud too if he knew where he was.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice bloodbath.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

TheJON wrote:
L45B wrote:
Joe would be proud too if he knew where he was.
That's just down right mean...bwahaha!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Notice to OSU: Having that stupid ass flagpole near the uprights is an insult to your paying fans.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Inspiring play by McGloin in the first half.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

PSUFAN wrote:Inspiring play by McGloin in the first half.
He had a great first half, I liked the fire he brought to the team. Both young QBs you guys have can bring different strengths to the game, you should be excited for the future.
Screw_Michigan wrote:Notice to OSU: Having that stupid ass flagpole near the uprights is an insult to your paying fans.
Trust me, it's not nearly as bad as having to watch teams like Eastern Michigan, New Mexico State and Youngstown State play at the Shoe. :doh:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I get it, L, but at least Youngstown keeps the $ in state.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Damn. What an implosion.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

PSU didn't deserve that result. They completely dominated OSU in the 1st half. Glad I'm not a gambler anymore. I would have took PSU +17 for a bucket load. Then would have spent the winnings on rounds of beer at halftime. I'm not complaining though.

Comment on Pryor. To be honest, I've had about enough of him and his act. "Everyone" says he's "so much better" but I just don't see it. I honestly think we've seen the best of him and the results .. slight above average college QB. He still doesn't come to play in the big games, can't complete short passes ... no touch, is not real decisive with run/pass options, absorbs blows rather than delivers (see Cam Newton) and doesn't see the field very well. He does do some things well but he'll never be that dominant player that was expected of him with all the hype. He is what he is. I find it comical he came out this week and said he would be back for his senior year. really? As opposed to dropping out ? Because I can't see any pro team making him a high draft pick. Then come his comments in today's paper: "We were flat. We were very flat. We can't do that next week. No way, It'll be bad". "WE" were flat"? How about "YOU" were flat, and if YOU"RE not better next week it will be bad. Yes, the defense were getting schooled, but not because they were flat. PSU had a good gameplan again the defense and they were scrambling to keep up. Made the proper adjustments in the 2nd half with coverages to confuse McGloin a little. They never did stop the run all day.

That's my rant. believe me, I'm happy not to be a Texas or Florida or Colorado fan this year and it could be much worse.

... I hope Joe Pa finds his car keys soon. He was looking for them all day Saturday
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Jobocky all is well in Buckeye Land don't you see...JT wins games...

I say fuck that I am with you...this ass clown has shown that he has no clue how to motivate or have a team ready after a FUCKING bye...LSU came off a bye right and butt fucked Bama...I mean to come out that flat at home...3 deep zone to start the game...BRILLIANT defensive coaches...they made McGloin look like fucking Blackledge in the 1st half...the first red zone series was about the worst play called series this year...but he preserved HIS FIELD GOAL...

Look I know some blue blood programs are struggling (sup UF, Texas, etc)...but to have this kind of talent (Pryor, Brewster, Adams, Boren on the OL, Posey, etc)...and fucking work for field goals...fuck that boys...

the day a coach like Chip Kelly, Urban, etc settle for field goals in the red zone is the day they stop coaching...the Buckeye faithful believe in him...and yes he is a GREAT CEO...but as far as an offensive coach he should fire himself immediately...

that being said...I am betting them against Iowa this weekend in Vegas...and if they do make the Rose against Stanford...god help us...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

the day a coach like Chip Kelly, Urban, etc settle for field goals in the red zone is the day they stop coaching
As bad as Florida's offense is right now, I think Urban would do cartwheels if his team could manage to get a field goal!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Jobocky all is well in Buckeye Land don't you see...JT wins games...

I say fuck that I am with you...this ass clown has shown that he has no clue how to motivate or have a team ready after a FUCKING bye...LSU came off a bye right and butt fucked Bama...I mean to come out that flat at home...3 deep zone to start the game...BRILLIANT defensive coaches...they made McGloin look like fucking Blackledge in the 1st half...the first red zone series was about the worst play called series this year...but he preserved HIS FIELD GOAL...

Look I know some blue blood programs are struggling (sup UF, Texas, etc)...but to have this kind of talent (Pryor, Brewster, Adams, Boren on the OL, Posey, etc)...and fucking work for field goals...fuck that boys...

the day a coach like Chip Kelly, Urban, etc settle for field goals in the red zone is the day they stop coaching...the Buckeye faithful believe in him...and yes he is a GREAT CEO...but as far as an offensive coach he should fire himself immediately...

that being said...I am betting them against Iowa this weekend in Vegas...and if they do make the Rose against Stanford...god help us...
Jeeeeesus, dude, you guys are playing some of the best ball in the country right now. You had a flat first half. BFD. It happens. Better than playing a flat 4 quarters (Sup MSU @ Iowa?). And give at least some credit to PSU for playing a spirited first half on both sides of the ball.

Michigan State is going to have its best season of my lifetime (too young to remember the Rose Bowl), and you fucks are STILL going to get the BCS nod. You don't know how good you have it.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

MGO same pattern though

Actually they are playing good ball against exactly whom?

Minnesota, IU, Purdue...yeah wonderful...yeah all the credit to PSU for the 1st half...but when you continually roll out great talent...and you don't know what the FUCK you are doing with it offensively...I mean TP is just a facilitator of a stone age offense...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Michigan State is going to have its best season of my lifetime (too young to remember the Rose Bowl), and you fucks are STILL going to get the BCS nod. You don't know how good you have it.
Buckeye fans typically are never satisfied. Tressel is a victim of his own success. I agree, the lethargic attitude of the offense in the first half was atrocious. But still, it was nice to see Boom Herron have some great runs. He has some new moves in his game, fun to watch him get better. We are still in the B10 hunt, but if we dare even take a quarter off against Iowa we are gonna get blown out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

L45B wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Michigan State is going to have its best season of my lifetime (too young to remember the Rose Bowl), and you fucks are STILL going to get the BCS nod. You don't know how good you have it.
Buckeye fans typically are never satisfied. Tressel is a victim of his own success. I agree, the lethargic attitude of the offense in the first half was atrocious. But still, it was nice to see Boom Herron have some great runs. He has some new moves in his game, fun to watch him get better. We are still in the B10 hunt, but if we dare even take a quarter off against Iowa we are gonna get blown out.
The only way Iowa wins is if somehow they come out and roll Ohio State. If it comes down to the wire, there is no way Ohio State doesn't win. We will just hand you the game. I guarantee it. Our defense will give absolutely no effort down the stretch when it is close. You will drive 80 yards on 8 plays at will to take the lead, and then our offense will just meltdown on our potential game winning drive because our coaching staff does not know what a 2-minute drill is. We will have 1:40 to get 80 yards and our coaches will insist on taking their time getting their 5-yard out play called.

Trust me. This is how Iowa loses almost every game under Kirk Ferentz. It's been the same for 12 years. Our only hope is to run the Buckeyes off the field in the 1st half.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That is a tough match-up for me to read. On one hand, I look at how Iowa responded to their loss to Wisky and went out and rolled MSU at home the following week. I'd like to think that same team will show up again. Of course at that time they were still playing for a Big Ten title. On the other, Ohio St WILL still be playing for a Big Ten title and BCS bowl, and I cannot see them being denied in a do-or-die situation. All I know is I'll be donning my black & gold, for sure...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That is a tough match-up for me to read. On one hand, I look at how Iowa responded to their loss to Wisky and went out and rolled MSU at home the following week. I'd like to think that same team will show up again. Of course at that time they were still playing for a Big Ten title. On the other, Ohio St WILL still be playing for a Big Ten title and BCS bowl, and I cannot see them being denied in a do-or-die situation. All I know is I'll be donning my black & gold, for sure...
Reminds me of 2002 when Iowa had already wrapped up 8-0 and I put on a Michigan shirt and went to a sports bar to cheer them on against Ohio State. Cussed at the TV on every bad call. I almost forgot I wasn't actually a Michigan fan!

Yeah, it is a tough game to get a read on. I have my worries. I just can't see us blowing Ohio State out, but I know that if we don't we have a very slim chance of winning down the stretch. That said, coming off a tough loss, Ferentz' teams almost always respond with a great performance. But even a great performance might not be enough to secure a decent sized lead late.

It is senior day, but then again, we don't tend to play all that well on senior day- at least not in the last 5-6 years. It is going to be an interesting game. The strange thing is I feel more confident playing Ohio State than I would playing a team like Illinois or Purdue in this situation. That's just based on Ferentz' teams of past/current. How can you not get fired up to play Ohio State regardless of the situation? It is like 2008 when we had that heartbreaking loss to Illinois but came back and beat an unbeaten Penn State team the following week. If we were playing someone like Illinois/Purdue/Indiana this week, I would expect an absolutely pitiful effort. But it is Ohio State, so I'm not worried about this team not playing with fire and emotion.

I am worried about defending Pryor. Our D-line is playing as bad as they have their entire careers and who knows who will be healthy at linebacker. We had some problems defending Persa when he took off running. If Persa can find a way to run the ball, what will Pryor do?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Persa can throw, Pryor can't, for the most part. Now watch, he'll go 13-15 for 325 after I say that...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

PSUFAN wrote:Persa can throw, Pryor can't, for the most part. Now watch, he'll go 13-15 for 325 after I say that...
I think the best game plan is to force Pryor to throw and make him go 13-15 for 325 to beat you. If Iowa wins this game, OC Ken O'Keefe should take a victory lap around Kinnick Stadium with his middle finger raised to all of the stupid fucking Iowa fans who think they can coach football and call plays. He won't do that, of course, but a win would, in itself, send the same message. Of course those Iowa fans will then begin bitching about "why didn't you do this LAST week against Northwestern?" There's no way for the coaching staff to get ahead of the stupid fucking fans...they can't win even when they win.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

PSUFAN wrote:Persa can throw, Pryor can't, for the most part. Now watch, he'll go 13-15 for 325 after I say that...
Persa's been the best qb in the league this year. Or at least the most annoyingly effective.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mace wrote:
I think the best game plan is to force Pryor to throw and make him go 13-15 for 325 to beat you. If Iowa wins this game, OC Ken O'Keefe should take a victory lap around Kinnick Stadium with his middle finger raised to all of the stupid fucking Iowa fans who think they can coach football and call plays. He won't do that, of course, but a win would, in itself, send the same message. Of course those Iowa fans will then begin bitching about "why didn't you do this LAST week against Northwestern?" There's no way for the coaching staff to get ahead of the stupid fucking fans...they can't win even when they win.
How much does KOK pay you to post on message boards, Mace? :D

Well, don't you think if Iowa comes out and shows that they can move the ball well and score points against Ohio State, those fans you complain about have a valid point in their "why didn't we do that last week against a mediocre defense"??

While I do agree that some fans get a bit carried away, many of them actually do have valid points. You just don't want to admit it. That's fine. I respect your opinion. Our coaches are big boys. They make plenty of money. I don't think they are losing any sleep over what "hawkstud69me" said over on Hawkeyereport. People might take it a bit too seriously, but the ones that are civil in their discussions actually bring up some valid points about the flaws of this coaching staff. The ones I have a problem with are the ones that have been mentioning how they want Ferentz fired or they'd rather have Bielema/Stoops. Okay, maybe I would rather have Stoops. But I would never want a scumbag like Bielema as our coach. And to be honest, I don't think there's a coach in the country that we could realistically hire other than Stoops that would do better than Ferentz. I have continued to say this, and despite what happens Saturday, I will still say it. I just think, no I know, this coaching staff has flaws and they should be pointed out. When Ferentz wins, everyone jerks off to him. So don't you think it's only fair that when they screw up they should get criticized as long as those criticizing are being civil??
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Did you ever play the game, JON? Okay, didn't think so, and your awesome record on NCAA '10 doesn't count. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to your opponent and say "great job". It's not necessary to point a finger at Ken O'Keefe or Kirk Ferentz after a loss and play the blame game. You and many other Iowa fans are too fucking stupid to realize that fact. Coaches get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losses. The players on the field determine the outcome, and rarely is it coaching...unless they fail to prepare them properly during the week of practice.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rackable stuff, Mace
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

you know, the guys getting paid millions, more often than not they just might know more about who to play and the Xs and Os than we do.
Here's a question, Sam......

I have 2 specific games I am going to bring up and you can tell me whether or not you would trust your coach to make the right moves.

2001 vs Michigan.

Scenario:

Iowa has a 2 score lead going into the 4th quarter. Kyle McCann was the starter (as he was in every game), but Brad Banks had come on strong. Going into the 4th quarter, it was quite simple- Michigan could not stop our offense with Banks in at QB and we could not do a damn thing the 1st 3 quarters on the possessions where McCann was in. Banks made 1 mistake......running out of bounds a yard shy of a 1st down on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter on a possession where we had a shot to increase our lead. He clearly had a lapse in judgement. But it was 1 play. That said, McCann was completely ineffective the entire game and made one of the worst throws I have EVER seen- a knuckleball that was picked off.

That said, who do you play in the 4th quarter? Would you not play Banks on a single play/possession? Would you have McCann playing every snap?

2010 vs Ohio State:

Scenario:

Your starting RB, who is only just an average RB, is suspended for the 1st quarter due to academic reasons. Your backup, true freshmen Marcus Coker, is giving Ohio State some serious fits. 7 carries for 43 yards and an 11 yard reception. Offense manages 111 yards in the 1st quarter. Your starter comes in for the 2nd quarter and sees every snap in that quarter and the 3rd quarter. The offense does absolutely NOTHING in those 2 quarters. Early 4th quarter you bring Coker back and he gets 27 yards on 2 carries, along with a touchdown. Do you approve of this strategy?

I could go on and on with scenarios just like this over the past 12 years. I'm just curious what your thoughts on these 2 specific scenarios is. If the coaches know more than us about what to do and when (allegedly).......defend these 2 strategies.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Coaches get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losses. The players on the field determine the outcome, and rarely is it coaching...unless they fail to prepare them properly during the week of practice.
Fine. It's all on the players. But I sure as fuck would like to tar and feather the people that are responsible for recruiting such chokers........
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

TheJON wrote:
Coaches get too much credit for winning and too much blame for losses. The players on the field determine the outcome, and rarely is it coaching...unless they fail to prepare them properly during the week of practice.
Fine. It's all on the players. But I sure as fuck would like to tar and feather the people that are responsible for recruiting such chokers........
Ferentz will be in Minneapolis this weekend, so take your tar and feathers to the game...and good luck. I'm anxious to see exactly how many feathers and how much tar Adrian Clayborne can shove up your ass. Be sure to do it in front of a TV camera so we can all see the spectacle. And be sure to tell Adrian and the rest of the fellas about them being big time chokers. Thanks in advance.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

TheJON wrote:Fine. It's all on the players. But I sure as fuck would like to tar and feather the people that are responsible for recruiting such chokers........
Iowa has 26 seniors and every one of them is on schedule to graduate either at the end of the first semester or in the spring, and, in the process, they've accumulated a record of 26-10 over the past 3 years (with a chance to win 2 more) which includes a BCS Bowl win last season. Not bad for a bunch of "chokers", and, if they had to make a choice, I'd guess their parents would prefer a college degree over a national championship.