Predict the LCS

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Predict the LCS

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

I think we got the best matchup possible in the NL.....the Reds were frauds and the Braves were a nice overachieving team but the Giants and Phillies are the true horses.
A couple things that I look at in this series. One, the Phillies bats are more consistant. The Giants are prone to go to sleep esp. with some badass pitchers they will have to face. So, I could see a Game 1 blowout happening where it's like 5-0 after the second inning and Bochy is like "holy fuck....I didn't think it would be like this" I mean the Phils are that good. Another thing I am looking at is the middle relief....the Giants struggled some against the Bravos, and the Phillies stepped up big in that area vs. the Natti. I think that will continue. Plus Lidge has been lights out since August. Phillies win this series in 5. It's not going to be the tight pitching duel that everyone is wetdreaming.

In the AL, I think there are a couple weak teams here. The Rangers really do look like that 2002 Angels team, and I think that some guys in the starting rotation other than Lee will really step up and that will be the difference. And you will be introduced to some badassity in the bullpen that will baffle the Yankees. Remember I said that. Another thing to take note of- the Red Sox exposed Rivera and Posada by running all over them and this will be HUGE because Tejas can run their asses off and play small ball. Even Petitte's little balk errr pickoff move won't matter here. And Hamilton will jack the shit out of the ball. I lmao when people say "modern day Murderer's Row" about the yankee lineup when none of these slugs hits over .300 besides Cano :lol: and we all know Cano blows in the postseason.
Rangers with the homefield, win this in 6.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Predict the LCS

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: Phillies win this series in 5.
Fuck.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rangers in 7
Phillies in 5
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yankees in 5

Giants in 6
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't know what is more crippling way to lose a Game 1...get no-hit like the Reds vs. Halladay or blow a 5 run lead like the Rangers did last night. The best remedy is to get right back at it the next day and fortunate for them, they play the early the game today. I don't care if Lee is going on Monday, today is a must win for the Rangers...especially with this being a 2-3-2 series.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Shoalzie wrote: The best remedy is to get right back at it the next day and fortunate for them, they play the early the game today.
And they cashed it in with an easy win....now Lee in Game 3 tomorrow will make it 2-1 Rangers

After that they split the next two and then Texas takes the series in six. The Rangers just have too much smoke for the Yankees.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Well I got in too late for a prediction. Anyway, I think the Yanks are done. With Burnett going tomorrow night give the 3rd win of the series to the Rangers and no matter when Lee goes again the Yanks won't beat him. It's just a matter of time before the Rangers win this series.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Nailed this one. Phillies/Rangers just like I said.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's 2-1 Giants, champ...right where they want them, right?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Shoalzie wrote:It's 2-1 Giants, champ...right where they want them, right?
The Giants are a little league team compared to Philly. Just a great performance by Cain today. This is the Giants we are talking about. I know you're gripping because I called these series, but just give credit where credit is due. Even if it's 3-2 GIants going back to Philly, I guarantee that the Phillies win the series in 7.

Yankees will win in game 5 and then the Rangers clinch it in game 7.

Phils/Rangers WS just like I said. Go ahead and make your pre-emptive excuses as to how I got "lucky" even though I broke down all the reasons that these two teams would win.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Toddowen wrote:Uh oh.....I didn't see the YaFJ post.

Don't count the Yankees out just yet.
One game at a time. Daunting task with Lee getting another start if the series is extended.

I really have to shake my head Girardi. Intentionally walking a batter with 2 outs and a runner on second made zero sense. Burnett had pitched well up to that point.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I fucked up on that last post abnout the Rangers clinching in 7...I meant in 6. That series is going exactly how I said it would. I guarantee that Texas clinches tomorrow night in 6 like I said...

I also gaurantee that the Phillies will win the series. Rectums are tightening in San Fran right now as they have to fly back to Philly and finish off a choke job. 4-2 Phillies in the top of the ninth.

Rangers-Phillies WS. Then I'll pull my boxers down and let you all take your turn.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:I also gaurantee that the Phillies will win the series. Rectums are tightening in San Fran right now as they have to fly back to Philly and finish off a choke job.
:lol: :lol:

Ucant make this shit up.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:I also gaurantee that the Phillies will win the series.
Nice job with that
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

The Phillies had it set up to win the series. I was more surprised than anyone to see the Giants win, exp. when it went back to Philly. I think the Phils are the most disappointing team in the league considering how badass that lineup is and how great the staff is....I mean it's just just a bunch of fantasy pitchers. You have a World Series MVP, a fucking proven red ass, and another playoff veteran pitcher who isn't scared of shit. I just don't know how they didn't make it to the World Series. Guess I fucked up on that guarantee.

BTW is Zito even active for this WS?