9/18 games

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

9/18 games

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Pretty lean on big bouts today. For the first wave, Arky-UGA appears to be a pretty decent matchup. Big Ten is getting its SEC on feasting on directional schools (pretty much all next Saturday as well). I'll check in on Shoepolish and see how he looks. NU @ Washington is interesting. Ditto on Tex-Texas Tech. Outside of MSU-ND I'm really looking forward to Zona-Iowa. I took Iowa in the pick'em but don't feel too confident about it.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: 9/18 games

Post by King Crimson »

Iowa State v. Kansas State at Arrowhead has been termed "Farmagedden" on one of the Mizzou boards. Lol.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

There is nothing good about playing an opponent from a lower division, but what I'm watching for is who gets in when Denard's day is done. Will Tater get some playing time or is it Gardner?

Other games....Big10/Pac10 matchups. Wisky will kill ASU, Iowa/Arizona, and Minnie being offered up to SC.

I like Texas over TT too.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

does Arkansas change unis every season? They've had some Tron specials over the last decade, esp the Matt Jones era. GIS Matt Jones and every pic is diff hog threads.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Heisman Favorite gets picked off on his first pass attempt. UMASS moving the ball well on Michigan's D.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The Heisman Favorite gets picked off on his first pass attempt. UMASS moving the ball well on Michigan's D.
They moved it well on their first drive, you know, the 10 plays the scripted all week? After the pick, not so much. This will be a yawner eventually.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sure, but these threads are typically live commentary.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

For the 3rd week in a row Robinson leads a 90+ yard drive. A 70 yard td toss on a broken play gets called back and he tosses a 45 yarder on the money that should have been a td but the reciever stumbled down. Heisman talk is absurd at this point, but the guy is tough as nails.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That was a nice pass, for sure
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Watching some GT/UNC action here while cleaning the apt. Also checking in on Farmageddon once in a while. Little disappointed MD/WV isn't on "accessible" cable.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Ryan Mallet has matured nicely. About to be up 14-7 on UGA.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

UMASS moves the ball well again and goes up 10-7. Sorry if I'm not supposed to say that.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

The defense does suck balls though.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm still reeling from the Oregon cheerleader girls that were on Game Day. Holy frikken smokes
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:I'm still reeling from the Oregon cheerleader girls that were on Game Day. Holy frikken smokes

But Dallas Fanatic says everyone here is fat and ugly.

I missed the early Gameday segments, since it's on like really early here, and I was busy sleeping.

Guess I'll just have to get my Oregon Cheerleader fix in person... but not today, even though therewas still a handful of tix to be had (pretty much the only game with any tix left).

Gee, hope the Ducks can squeek one out against Mighty Portland State (0-9 against PAC10 teams all time). I'm sure Kenyon Barner isn't looking to add to his nation-leading 6 TDs today (not bad for a backup RB).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:Iowa State v. Kansas State at Arrowhead has been termed "Farmagedden" on one of the Mizzou boards. Lol.
It was BILLED Farmagedden II here locally, KC. Pretty competitive game so far... Shoulda known the Cats would struggle to score points with everyone jocking 'em in the Picks Contest.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Iowa State v. Kansas State at Arrowhead has been termed "Farmagedden" on one of the Mizzou boards. Lol.
It was BILLED Farmagedden II here locally, KC. Pretty competitive game so far... Shoulda known the Cats would struggle to score points with everyone jocking 'em in the Picks Contest.
cool. i got suckered on the pickem. i thought the game was in Manhattan. oh well, nice homework KC. i guess UCLA must really be bad.
"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

King Crimson wrote: i guess UCLA must really be bad.
I hope so until after tonight's game. Then I hope they go on a rediculous winning streak taking down Oregon, Zona, Cal, USC, and the likes. Would be beneficial to the Coogs SOS for them to win some games.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

c'mon Snyder, score!
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

wooohoooo!!!!! FG KSU!
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

cardiac finish.....that's what i call FARMAGEDDEN. ISU WR wide open in the seam, can't make the grab. that was sure 6. .19 left.
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Why do helmets get knocked off so easily these days? In the Ark./Georgia game, every play someone is losing his lid...but maybe it's just the POWAH of SEC! SEC! SEC!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A couple of nice finishes so far.

3 for 3 in the Pick'Em, about to go 4 for 4 (go WVU).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

TELL ME OU's gonna take care of bidness, KC. I like Air Force this year, but I hated today's line. Gotta think the Sooners are about to shift into mid-season form after that beat-down they put on the Semen-holes last week. Or maybe four ranked ACC teams losing last week ought to have me re-thinking the whole thing all over again....
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I think Va Tech is taking one for the BCS to make sure Boise doesn't get into the NC.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote:TELL ME OU's gonna take care of bidness, KC. I like Air Force this year, but I hated today's line. Gotta think the Sooners are about to shift into mid-season form after that beat-down they put on the Semen-holes last week. Or maybe four ranked ACC teams losing last week ought to have me re-thinking the whole thing all over again....
hard to know. Jones is streaky, if anything. Stoops D has been iffy against run-pass option teams in the past. assignment type D hasn't always been a strength. won't seem right watching the other guys run the ball at Owen Field. surely, OU can't be looking past AFA...after the Zoomies pounded BYU. this is the kind of game you come out and win if you are legit.
"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Meanwhile Hawaii is buttfucking Dan Hawkins in the mouth
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Why do southern qbs insist on Justin Bieber haircuts?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wisco has looked out of sync since the season started. That 14.5 was way too much.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

They are getting beaten up in the trenches - at least on that last drive.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

*Ahem.

PSA:

1) I’d like to thank Baylor this afternoon for its stellar representation of the XII and for becoming, well, Baylor once again for us point-spread types. Never again. That team sucks out loud. And somebody needs to dig up Ma Richards and burn her corpse at a stake for manipulating that gawd-awful excuse for a school’s team's inclusion into this conference.

2) Can NOBODY play this game in the Pac? Cal? UCLA? Washington? Really? Can you not at least show up to play on your home field? Only the Ducks and the Trees show a Working Knowledge of the Game – SC doesn’t count cuz they cheat like old SWC schools.

Ratfuckmotherfuckershit. Fuck me running.[/rant]
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Memo to those of you that took MIZ in the Pick 'Em.

San Diego State is pretty good. Far from calling a cover here... Hell, I'm tryin' to figure out an outright winner...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

17-7 Mizzou now, they'll wear 'em down in the 2nd half and run it up pretty good I reckon.

Fuck PPV, btw. $39.95 are you fucking kidding me? I might give up $9.95 but that's hiway robbery.

Listening to the radio broacast online on a station out of Joplin.

Fuck, SDSU just scored on a long run right before halftime. :brad:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

weird start to the UT-TT game. Gilbert just threw a pick 6, 70 yard return. UT in the RZ 3 times already. 14-7 Horns. Tech's first play from scrimmage, snap it over Potts' head, UT recovers. traded INT's last two possessions.
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Someone at Tiger board hooked up the brethren up with this awesome link. Crystal clear picture and sound, no commercials. PPV can get bent.

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel ... 4f23b5e220
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

end of the 3rd Q:

ATM 13
Florida International 20

wtf? was 20-6.
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Fuggin' rack, Wags... Um, I think...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mizzou playing like dogshit but who knew SDSU had the next Marshal Faulk?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

King Crimson wrote:end of the 3rd Q:

ATM 13
Florida International 20

wtf? was 20-6.

20-20 now

we'll win ugly
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Jesus, Gabbert....

ballgame.
"