Johnny Damon back to the BoSawx

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Johnny Damon back to the BoSawx

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

They claimed him off waivers today.

Told you they had a big move on the way. :)

Stick him at the top of that lineup and get Ellsbury off the DL and you have a terrific 1-2 punch at the top to get things rollings. Damon is beloved in Boston and will be welcomed back even after he went to the Yankees. And don't say he's washed up either. He's had a good season for the Tigers and is now back in Beantown to make a playoff run.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Johnny Damon back to the BoSawx

Post by MuchoBulls »

The Sux are just trying to block the Yankess and Rays from getting him.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:They claimed him off waivers today.

Told you they had a big move on the way. :)

Stick him at the top of that lineup and get Ellsbury off the DL and you have a terrific 1-2 punch at the top to get things rollings. Damon is beloved in Boston and will be welcomed back even after he went to the Yankees. And don't say he's washed up either. He's had a good season for the Tigers and is now back in Beantown to make a playoff run.

Um, not so fast my friend...http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=5493842
Go Bucs, Gators
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

What the fuck..they claimed him off waivers

i didn't know that you could reject a waiver claim is there any way that they can void the rejection and complete the deal? I thought you just had to pass the physical.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I believe he had a no trade that blocked going to Boston (how funny is that?). I am not sure if the same applied to being waived.

Tough break Sux. Better keep your eye on Toronto.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Small victory for the Tigers (I guess) but I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving since this season has disintegrated since the All-Star break.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MuchoBulls wrote:I believe he had a no trade that blocked going to Boston (how funny is that?).
Not funny at all. During negotiations, Damon told the Sux he had a 4 year 52 million dollar offer from someone else. He also told the Sux that he wanted to stay in Boston... he loved it here. "Just make it close", he said. The Sux were only offering a 3 year 40 million dollar deal. Larry Lucchino told Damon he didn't believe him. "No way anyone is offering you 4 years. You're a liar." Damon pleaded with him... in the end, Lucchino told him to pound sand. He thought he was being played by Scott Boras. So off Damon went to the Yankees.

He's still villified around here. Which is fucked. If someone was offering you 30% more money to work at another company, would you turn it down? Escpecially after the owner of said company called you a liar and said, "Sure dude... someone else is offering you a 4th year :meds:. Take it."

Of course he told the Sux to fuck off.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gotta love how Red Sux fans like Shaughenssssy and others were like "C'mon Johnny, do it for your wife!" :meds: :meds: :meds:

Rack Damon for telling the Blow Sux to get fucked.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.