Why the Padres are still in first place (part two)...

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Why the Padres are still in first place (part two)...

Post by Mikey »

Because they pwn the Gnats.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: Why the Padres are still in first place (part two)...

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Nobody cares.

Tell me, tard... who is going to win the NL Cy Young and why?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ever get tired of biting my ankles, moron?

I never said that Latos would win the CY, and you know it.
That's OK though, just keep on what doing you're doing. Your desperate need to attract attention provides a welcome occasional laugh.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Link to where I stated or even intimated anything about Latos?

However. You did seem pretty sure Jimenez was a run-away. Most people put him 3rd behind two guys I mentioned... Wainwright and Halladay. Why? Because strikeouts and IP do matter.

EAD, loser.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

This past weekend series had to hurt, huh Mikey?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Definitely hurt.

Luckily I was too busy putting together a bbq and pool party to watch the melt.

Still got:

1. Best record in the NL
2. A 5 game margin over the Gnats.

It's a good they got this out of their system now.
The Phillies definitely have a strong rotation, and I know that the Pads have always had trouble against Oswalt.
Hopefully the timely hitting will start coming back again soon.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Mikey wrote:Definitely hurt.

Still got:

1. Best record in the NL

The Phillies definitely have a strong rotation, and I know that the Pads have always had trouble against Oswalt.
Did any of your local papers detail the ass whoopping the Phillies have given the Padres at their ballpark since they opened in 2004? They've won 7 straight against at Petco and are 18-4 overall since 2004.

Edit- One thing I don't understand is how the Padres org allows such a large contingent of Phillies fans to get primo seating behind the Phillies dugout? Most teams move visiting fans as far away as possible but it seemed like a home game when I was listening to the game on the radio.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jiminphilly wrote:Edit- One thing I don't understand is how the Padres org allows such a large contingent of Phillies fans to get primo seating behind the Phillies dugout? Most teams move visiting fans as far away as possible but it seemed like a home game when I was listening to the game on the radio.
Just like in DC, the Padres are slaves to the almighty dollar. And when a large contingent of your fanbase still lives at home with mom and dad, they have a lot more money to spend.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

jiminphilly wrote:
Mikey wrote:Definitely hurt.

Still got:

1. Best record in the NL

Did any of your local papers detail the ass whoopping the Phillies have given the Padres at their ballpark since they opened in 2004? They've won 7 straight against at Petco and are 18-4 overall since 2004.

Edit- One thing I don't understand is how the Padres org allows such a large contingent of Phillies fans to get primo seating behind the Phillies dugout? Most teams move visiting fans as far away as possible but it seemed like a home game when I was listening to the game on the radio.
Don't get the local papers. We're almost halfway between San Diego and LA, though still in SD County. The San Diego papers are of notoriously low quality when it comes to reporting national and international news, so we get the LA Times. Unfortunately they no longer have a San Diego edition, so Padre coverage consists of a 1 paragraph summary with the daily box score. Local sports coverage is the one thing I miss from not getting the Union Tribune.

As far as the crowds go, it happens with a lot of visiting teams here. Most people who live here came from somewhere else and a lot still root for their hometown teams. Mets, Phillies, Cubs, Giants especially. We also get a lot of out of town attendance from LA, Phoenix and SF. I think half of Arizona shows up in San Diego at least once each summer.