Boston with all these players on the DL- still dominant

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Boston with all these players on the DL- still dominant

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

More proof that Theo is the best GM in baseball, Francona the best manager, and the Red Sox organization simply tops.

Once again they are making all the correct adjustments and should be back in first place by the All-Star break. And with all the stars on the DL coming back later, that means more worries for AL teams. Later this month they will swing a deal for either Lee or Oswalt to set up the rotation for October, and I expect a bat or two there will be added. The Rays are a fluke and the Yankees are reeling.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Boston with all these players on the DL- still dominant

Post by R-Jack »

:lol:

Here we go.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BoSox might as well pack it in right now.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote:BoSox might as well pack it in right now.
You were right. They just got pwned by the Rays, the best team in the AL.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote:BoSox might as well pack it in right now.
You were right. They just got pwned by the Rays, the best team in the AL.
And the Sox swept them the first meeting. The Rays are a flukey team without a rotation chock full of horses like Boston. When they meet again the Red Sox will handle them easily. They also have tons of players injured right now.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I liked this troll better when it was called Frank Rizzo
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Rangers about to take 3 in a row from Baahston.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Nice to see the A's take 2 of 3 as well.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

BoSox winning tonight. Beckett just came back, Pedroia coming back later off the DL, as is Victor Martinez. And a bunch of others. Any other team would have folded by now but Theo/Terry keep this thing patched up through difficult times, and they always have.

Oswalt should be on the way at the trade deadline. The Red Sox haven't made a huge blockbuster deal at the break in a long time. I think this year they get an arm like Oswalt or maybe Ted Lilly and cruise into October with all hands on deck.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Of course you are winning.........against the Mariners. The next team to lose a series to then is getting kicked out of the league.

Way to pummell them 2-1 though. Right off of mauling them for 13 innings too. The rest of the East is watching the brutality you've unleashed on this 37-60 team and scared shitless. Make your time bitches. Beantown is back. :lol:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

8 games back...

fuh-getabowt it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Toddowen wrote:Bwah...Boston about to lose again to one of worst performing teams in the majors this year. They're lucky to come away with a split.

Boston is just what the M's needed.

I'm not an M's fan, at all...

But if I turn on U&L sports radio, I'm constantly bombarded with it.

What the M's really needed this season was twofold -- they needed Erik Bedard to pitch, and they needed someone not named Ichiro to make contact with the ball every once in a while.

Starting pitching was looking great to start -- King Felix, Cliff Lee, Vargas have all just killed everyone (Lee still leads the team in wins, even though he hasn't been there for a couplefew weeks). That one extra arm in the rotation would have been nails.

On the offensive end, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so horrific. Ichiro is having a shitty year by his standards at around .308...

and no one else on the team is hitting over .250.

Yes, you read that right, and I can't believe I just typed that.

They can't muster .250.

As a team, they bat .235. Kind of makes a badass starting rotation insignificant.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:cruise into October with all hands on deck.
They're 5 games behind the Rays and the Rays have 2 games in hand. Not going to be easy, especially with some AL Central teams starting to make things interesting in the wild card race.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

YAFJO, your thoughts? Chase on...
Go Bucs, Gators
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

I agree with you there Toddowen. Wakefield should be a long reliever or starter. I still say keep him on the postseason roster because he's valuable and he's been there. Since they didn't get Oswalt, it's cool because Buckholtz is back plus they may swing a deal tomorrow (BoSox are loaded in the farm system as we all know). Yankees just added another base-clogger in Berkman when they need middle relief, and the Rays are not a team that will handle the pressure of September. A wild card would be fine for Boston and they are right there with all the guns coming off the DL.
In 48 hours you'll all be gulping and changing your opinion when you see the moves Theo makes. Just wait.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

7 1/2 down and losing today...Mt Everest would be a shorter climb than catching the Yanks and Rays.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
In 48 hours you'll all be gulping and changing your opinion when you see the moves Theo makes. Just wait.
Yeah, that minor league catcher and the Gnats player to be named later have defiantely changed the balance of power in the AL East this season. :lol:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

With Ellsbury and Pedroia coming off the DL, that's like getting two major trades.

And while teams were scrambling over the weekend to make moves, Boston was doing what they do- back to back walk-off wins against one of the best teams in the AL- Detroit.

Classic BoSox baseball- battling back from behind at Fenway in the ninth inning, winning in dramatic fashion. Francona's teams have always had that cardiac magic. They are right there for the wild card plus Tampa didn't make any moves and fucked up by not getting Adam Dunn. Now, the Yankees are going to go into their tailspin. The back ass end of the season is where the Red Sox play championship ball. The last two games are a sign of things to come but no surprise to anyone who has followed this team since '03
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:With Ellsbury and Pedroia coming off the DL, that's like getting two major trades.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If Francona can somehow get this team to the playoffs with half the PawSox roster...they should name part of Fenway after him. Maybe the "Tito Triangle" in center field? The Youkilis injury is a killer...especially if he's done for the year. I think by the time they get the rest of the pieces back, the Yanks and Rays will be setting up their rotations for the postseason.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Beckett back to dominate and Dice-K pitched great last night. And tonight, even without Yook, no biggie, the Sox clowned the Yankees in their own park :lol:

They'll get at least 2 out of three and continue the climb closer to first place. This is the stretch run where you see the true grit and character that has really identified this team since '03. It's not so much about depth as it is about heart and making great off-season moves like Beltre who jacked a Grand Slam last night.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

CC getting shellacked already.

Victor Martinez hits a bomb, and Lowell pastes one into the corner for an easy 2-0 lead. Sawx rolling, 4 out after tonight and 3 back after they finish the sweep tomorrow night. Next stop- making the little Rays shit their britches and capturing first place :lol:

Boston didn't NEED to make any big moves. They have injuries, but the grit and determination is coming through. This is as close as I've seen to the '04 team- heart, grit, but a looseness, nothing-to-lose attitude that is helping them steamroll tards in the way.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Keep chasing that dream yafjo... :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:This is as close as I've seen to the '04 team- heart, grit, but a looseness, nothing-to-lose attitude that is helping them steamroll tards in the way.
Losing more series than you win isn't exactly steamrolling tards, tard.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

R-Jack wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:This is as close as I've seen to the '04 team- heart, grit, but a looseness, nothing-to-lose attitude that is helping them steamroll tards in the way.

They split with the Yankees while fielding their second string, and pounced all over Toronto tonight as Mr. Automatic picked up another save. And this is the Rays' time to fold. Next 40 games will be the tell tale and I have felt all along that top the bottom, Boston simply has more heart and desire and pride than any other team in MLB. Francona has founds spots for guys like Hall and other scrubs to really contribute, and now they have Delgado ready to come up and tame the Monster when need be.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

R-Jack wrote:

They split with the Yankees while fielding their second string, and pounced all over Toronto tonight as Mr. Automatic picked up another save. And this is the Rays' time to fold. Next 40 games will be the tell tale and I have felt all along that top the bottom, Boston simply has more heart and desire and pride than any other team in MLB. Francona has founds spots for guys like Hall and other scrubs to really contribute, and now they have Delgado ready to come up and tame the Monster when need be.

Except the Phillies, of course. GIven the injuries this team has had throughout the season is proof that this team has never and will never quit. Just wait till Howard and Utley return.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

jiminphilly wrote:Just wait till Howard and Utley return.
Gload looks like he is doing pretty well filling in for Howard
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

MuchoBulls wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Just wait till Howard and Utley return.
Gload looks like he is doing pretty well filling in for Howard

He was until he pulled up with a nasty looking groin pull.. still not sure why Comcast decided to show it over and over in slow mo..

[Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff level of sarcasm] This is why the Phillies are the class of the NL. They made a trade for Mike Sweeney a week earlier KNOWING that Gload was going to injure his groin. I predict Sweeney will hit .350 until Howard returns then be the MVP of the World Series against the Rangers [/Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff level of sarcasm]
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Rack the Rays for winning when it matters :lol:

Three hits tonight off the Sox....Lester dominant with 7 innings, two hit ball. Papelbon comes in and finishes them off as usual. Easy pickings for an experienced WS champ to take care of the little fraudulant Rays. Couple more games here to gain a couple more games and push Tampa out of the race. I told you that Boston wasn't going away. Too much saavy, too much heart. Yankees get pounded tonight too. Here comes first place.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Just got back from the game...keep fightin the good fight yafjo, someday it'll pay off.
Go Bucs, Gators
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

What a bullshit game tonight. Shields is not a playoff caliber pitcher like Lackey. If that game had been at Fenway or if it were a playoff game, Boston wins that series easy. Tough series loss and the yankees got over again today so it's 6 games back. But Boston still plays the Yankees in a series next month so that lead can get trimmed in half or more.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: If that game had been at Fenway or if it were a playoff game, Boston wins that series easy.
You realize you have to win series like that to actually get into the playoffs, right? :lol:
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Rack Buck Showalter. O's have become a bunch a spoiler assed motherfuckers.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I think a real manager has actually reinvigorated a few O's fans.

Turn-outs will be amazing to finally celebrate the death of Angelos.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:If that game had been at Fenway or if it were a playoff game, Boston wins that series easy.
How did that work out for them last time they met in the playoffs?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Toddowen wrote:Uh, Boston....I said sweep the Orioles. Not get swept by them. :lol:

5-3 O's in the 6th
No biggie. Sox punched them in the mouth to the tune of 6 runs in the 7th.

Scutaro, Beltre (a couple of key Theo pickups in the offseason paying off) did the damage.

Boston needed that after the fluke win by the Orioles last night. It looks look a tough climb is Tampa or New York don't start losing a few but the Sox have been in this situation before and are getting some key guns back. If they can trim this thing to 2 game with a week to go, they will cause Tampa to fold. Plus they still have another series with those bums left, at Fenway.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

You sure are quick to shut your trap while the BoSox are laying a nice little 12-5 beatdown on the fraud, "playoff-ready" Rays.

that's 6.5 games back. Keep in mind these games are at Fenway. And they got owned tonight by a debut pitcher for Boston -Lars Anderson.

So two more wins over this fraud team and it's 4.5 back with a few weeks to play. Those sphincters are already tightening up and Boston simply has more battle-tested players and more heart than Tampon Bay.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

14-5 sounds afraid.

SUX pushed Bucholz back now. White flag waving
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Can't believe this shit troll is still getting over...
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MuchoBulls wrote:SUX pushed Bucholz back now. White flag waving
Bad idea. His dimehole went as airtight as a bullfrogs after having to go up against a real Cy Young contender.

A's 5 Sux 0