Favorite Ice Cream

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Favorite Ice Cream

Post by Mikey »

I do love me some ice cream, but we don't eat too much because of the caloric value.

Dreyers is good. Hagen Daz and Ben & Jerry's are better.

In the absence of authentic Italian gelato, this stuff is the fuckin' bomb (it better be at $6.99/pint).

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Favorite Ice Cream

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You forgot to mention your anniversary.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You forgot to mention your anniversary.
You're right. Thanks for taking care of it for me.

I owe you one.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

My cousin Phil when replying to the golf group about golfing on Wednesday:
Phil wrote:Ted,
Wednesday is actually my wedding anniversary.

I’m in.

Phil
As for ice cream, nothing beats:

Pick any flavor.

Used to only sell it in Texas. Now, they've gone national. I can buy it in my little town in Indiana. One of the few times I go to Walmart as they're the only place that has it here. I'll never forget the tour of the Blue Bell manufacturing facility I went to as a kid on a field trip in Brenham, TX.

Blue Bell homemade ice cream
Homemade country style
Blue Bell
Better by a country mile.

Blue Bell...where we eat all we can and sell the rest.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

IndyFrisco wrote:Used to only sell it in Texas. Now, they've gone national.
No, they haven't. Regional maybe.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

gotta hand it too those libtard hippie fukkwits, ben and jerry. they do make some good stuff, but, being the cheap fukk i am, i usually just get a good larger brand of vanilla and doctor it up myself.

my favorite topping.....real peanut butter. the shit that seperates and you keep in the fridge. that and some hot fudge and a banana on vanilla is heaven. works with chocolate too.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:my favorite topping.....real peanut butter.

Ohhhhhh, buddy.

First off, the out internet badass braggadocio... I've eaten more peanut butter in my life than anyone you know, or anyone you'll ever meet.

I once bought old-fashioned peanut butter from a local roaster* in a 5 gallon bucket, because they were out of the cases of 5 pound jars (the area I live in doesn't have nearly the number of cool factory food outlets it used to... although the atrocity known as Reser's is still going strong). Had to mix that shit up with a tile mud mixer on the end of a drill.

So yeah, I'm down.

Along with very finely ground french roast/dark coffee, maybe even chopped walnuts (my buddy has what we believe to be the world's biggest freaking walnut tree... some early settler planted it, and they built the house around it... thing's massive, and produces many tens of thousands of nuts... roasting and cracking them is labor intensive, but can be accomplished in front of the TV with sports on). Right now, I'll go for some blueberries even, since Casa De Dins has a few bushes that are just ripening right now. I'll top it off with some Hershey's Dark...

and that's a MAN'S ice cream bowl. The powdery grind coffee adds a little texture, and lots of flavor.

This forum is kinda gay, but it's become one of the more interesting ones to me. I mean, we all freaking eat every freaking day (unless I'm on one HELLACIOUS bender), and it's interesting to hear how people like to prepare both gourmet shit, and everyday stuff (maybe I'll someday give my 50 page dissertion on the proper way to make biscuits and gravy... it's an art form, you know).
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

nice to see we have another real PB lover in the house.

PB should be it's own food group. the shit is amazing. you can put PB on damn near ANYTHING. if there is anything that can be spread across more food types with a beneficial result, it would have to be extra sharp cheddar.

There is not much better than some good PB on a freshly sliced macintosh. i know they grow an apple or two out your way as well, so i assume you've experienced this dietary nirvana. just please, tell me you don't use red delicious or any of the other sweet apples preferred by the tastebudless. i know they grow a buncha that red "delicious" shit in the U&L. I assume you grow edible apples as well. right down the road from me is an orchard that grows some pretty decent macs.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gravensteins are cool. Granny Smiths are awesome. A few others I like are all similar. That red/green streaky shit seems to be the balance. Also like the Delicious, although they're often bland and just sweet.

But yeah, we have an apple or two in the U&L.

Fresh bread (any type, but the fresher and gooier, the better), with about a half inch or so of PB on one slice, and a ridiculous amount of raw honey (we didn't get the "bee kill" as badly as most places on this side of the Cascades, probably due to lack of Monsanto agriculture) on the other slice, left sitting for a few minutes so the honey soaks into the bread.

Best. Meal. EVAR.

And I take exceotion to your "PB should be it's own food group" comment...

It fucking IS.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

PB and honey, or some good strawberry preserves, on a couple slices of whole wheat bread.

If I ever feel the need for some dessert at about 10:00 p.m. that combination, with a large glass of cold milk, will fit the bill better than just about anything else.
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

I had the most amazing Ice confection experience the other night at my favourite gelateria
Dark Bittersweet chocolate gelati with Blood orange sorbet it was like an tastebud orgasm
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Loves me some peanut butter on Gala Apples. Also, peanut butter on celery kicks ass as a snack or appetizer. If doing as an appetizer, add a few bits of chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the PB. Seen some people ruin this delicious snack by putting the devil's food (raisins) on it.

Good:

Bad :waz: :

Oh, and I saw these on food network and tried them. Awesome. Apple sandwich with PB, chocolate chips and granola.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Indy is right. Blue Bell is the best. I've had Tillamook up on the Oregon coast and it was deece.

My favorite flavor:

...for it's underlining southern meaning.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

IndyFrisco wrote:Loves me some peanut butter on Gala Apples. Also, peanut butter on celery kicks ass as a snack or appetizer. If doing as an appetizer, add a few bits of chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the PB. Seen some people ruin this delicious snack by putting the devil's food (raisins) on it.

Good:

Bad :waz: :

Oh, and I saw these on food network and tried them. Awesome. Apple sandwich with PB, chocolate chips and granola.

You don't like raisins? whatamattawityou? actually, the OL doesn't like them either. they are mandatory in good oatmeal cookies and pretty damn good in oatmeal as well.

the best oatmeal spicer upper? PB, of course. can't really think of what PB is not good on. OK, maybe not so good on salmon or a good steak. it should be illegal to put anything other than maybe a bit of S&P on a good steak. my wife thinks that all steak needs A-1 drowning it. i don't get it. why fukk up perfection?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Anyone love frozen custard? We can't get in So Cal. It's really, really good.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

trev wrote:Anyone love frozen custard? We can't get in So Cal. It's really, really good.
Culver's is about a mile and a half from my house and I'll get their frozen custard from time to time. Their burgers are delicious too, albeit you have to spend double time on the dreadmill after consuming all those fucking calories.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

trev wrote:Anyone love frozen custard? We can't get in So Cal. It's really, really good.
Ted Drewes frozen custard, BBQ park steaks and Cardinal baseball pretty much define summer in St. Louis. I always make a point of stopping by every time I'm in town.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The occasional chocolate shake from Oberweis is pretty much the extent of my ice cream consumption. I've yet to have one better. I also pick up some of their chocolate milk to have on hand sometimes:

[softball]This stuff is thick and delicious.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Go Coogs' wrote:Culver's is about a mile and a half from my house and I'll get their frozen custard from time to time.
I had one of those the other day. It was ok, nothing I'd go back for. Frozen custard doesn't hold a candle to good quality ice cream.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Cold Stone, Maggie Moos, Marble Slab....all the same. Ice Cream is like sex or pizza, even if it's bad, it's still ok. Aside from some people's homemade FAIL ice cream, I've never had any I had to literally spit out. That being said, I put those 3 above ice cream joints ahead of Baskin Robbins, but they are by no means top of the line. When I do go to those kind of places, my ice cream of choice is Cheesecake with Heath in a chocolate dipped waffle cone. I get it maybe 2-3 times a year usually on vacation.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

<-- Sorbet fiend
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cold Stone is fucking awful.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

PSUFAN wrote:<-- Sorbet fiend
Definitely. I've got a recipe for a red wine sorbet that I'll be testing out pretty soon. I'll post it up if turns out to be worth a fuck.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Does that mean we need to merge the Ice Cream and Wine threads?
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

IndyFrisco wrote:Does that mean we need to merge the Ice Cream and Wine threads?
We can't have that. I'm still trying to figure what box wine goes best with my Spam/Velveeta and Miracle Whip on white bread sammich. :wink:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote:
We can't have that. I'm still trying to figure what box wine goes best with my Spam/Velveeta and Miracle Whip on white bread sammich.

Awesome.

BUT...

Spam ain't exactly meat.

Velveeta ain't exactly cheese.

And I can handle that.

But if you get fucking miracle whip so much as in the same room as my fucking sammy, the fisticuffs ensue.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Todd, did they sing as a thank you for their tip?

My son's first job was at Cold Stone. They made the ice cream daily at the store. It was all the same base with different flavors added. The fat free version is not good. Maybe that's what you had, Todd.

One time he brought home a cake and I must say it was good. If you are ever in a pinch for a cake, go get a Cold Stone ice cream cake.

Anyhow, they don't sing for the tips any longer. It was kind of a novelty and he did come home with enough tip money to live on and saved his paychecks.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote:
We can't have that. I'm still trying to figure what box wine goes best with my Spam/Velveeta and Miracle Whip on white bread sammich.

Awesome.

BUT...

Spam ain't exactly meat.

Velveeta ain't exactly cheese.

And I can handle that.

But if you get fucking miracle whip so much as in the same room as my fucking sammy, the fisticuffs ensue.
I think you should try a spam, velveeta and miracle whip sammy on that white wheat bread they make. It may fucking kill you though.

+
+
+
=
Mmmmm....Mmmmm....Gooooood!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

me 'n' cockblock stopped for a cone tonight. 3.66 is way too much for a double scoop cone, but, got damn, that was some good shit. Musta been made with milk with a butter fat level higher than KCpaul's.

Forgot to find out who's it was. Will have to stop again for another criminally priced scoop to find out.

Paying too much for food sukks, but, when the quality level is high enough, i get over it quick.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:criminally priced
Dinsdale wrote:Image

Was with a greenhorn on the coast, and made my first trip through the doors at Tillamook yesterday in many years (even though I drive by the plant frequently).

You'd think that since they freaking make it there, there'd be some sort of price break...

But no.

Considering I must have parked over a quarter-mile away and waded through cars with license plates from virtually every state in the nation and every province in canada, they know how to make a buck.

But I did learn that Tillamook is the #2 selling block cheddar in the country, which suprised me.

They do kick out some cheese, though... and ice cream.

I'd almost forgotten how overwhelmingly crowded the coast is this time of year... tourons eating overpriced food everywhere you look.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote: They do kick out some cheese, though... and ice cream.
And butter. I'll still take Land o Lakes over Tillamook, though.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

anytime i'm in teh mood for icecream i head to Braums.

large soft serve frozen yogurt swirl on a waffle cone.

HOLY SHIT.