Where should I send the flowers?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Where should I send the flowers?

Post by PSUFAN »

'Cuz Shaz must be flabby mantits up if he isn't in here talking about NU joining the Big 10. Scroll the BTPCF back to 2000...who would have frikken believed this?

Also...it sure would be nice if DMX made a run back in here so J=B could doormat himself for him.

I'm actually pretty excited about the Corn joining the Big 10. I have always enjoyed the matchups they have had with PSU.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: Where should I send the flowers?

Post by Cornhusker »

PSUFAN wrote:'Cuz Shaz must be flabby mantits up if he isn't in here talking about NU joining the Big 10. Scroll the BTPCF back to 2000...who would have frikken believed this?

Also...it sure would be nice if DMX made a run back in here so J=B could doormat himself for him.

I'm actually pretty excited about the Corn joining the Big 10. I have always enjoyed the matchups they have had with PSU.
Funny thing I hear national know-it-alls that believe NU and PSU would be a great rivalry as PSU hasn't really had one in conference. Plus being the two most recent members.
The farthest apart teams?
I think Iowa will get the nod from NU fan's standpoint but we're tradition rich and PSU fits that bill IMO moreso. I'd pick PSU if it were my call.
Either way, those will be fun games.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I love how we now have 3 major conferences with numbers in their names and none of them have that many teams. Can they just change these names already?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The Pac 10 should split, so we can call it 2Pac.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

In my book PSU/NU has the makings of a very spirited rivalry indeed.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Cornhusker wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:'Cuz Shaz must be flabby mantits up if he isn't in here talking about NU joining the Big 10. Scroll the BTPCF back to 2000...who would have frikken believed this?

Funny thing I hear national know-it-alls that believe NU and PSU would be a great rivalry as PSU hasn't really had one in conference. Plus being the two most recent members.
I think Iowa will get the nod from NU fan's standpoint but we're tradition rich and PSU fits that bill IMO moreso. I'd pick PSU if it were my call.
As long as the other team doesn't dare try to call it a rivalry, right?
"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

PSUFAN wrote:In my book PSU/NU has the makings of a very spirited rivalry indeed.
As long as they don't commission a failing 8th grade shop student to make the trophy, they'll be on to something.

Sin,

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

yes, that one is infamous...each viewing seems to make the question mark grow more
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:

Look again.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Bret Bielema wants Nebraska to be UW’s rival. He’s already requested that it be the final game on the schedule each year.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bret Bielema wants to be anyone's rival. Unfortunately, Wisky just doesn't rate. At least for football Nebraska's "last game of every season" conference rivalry game should either be with Iowa due to proximity and cornfed cultural similarities or Penn St due to their history and shared blueblood status.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Just curious, do you get to keep that "blueblood" status forever? I’m willing to bet that Wisconsin puts a better team on the field this fall than Nebraska.

I kind of chuckled at the Nebraska idea, since Wisconsin already has two "trophy" games, with Minnesota and Iowa.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

van's schtick (however you spell it) = sociopathy, head in the sand, and everyone's irrelevant. wisconsin and nebraska are natural rivals, if only because they have the same gay uniforms and the same fat fans.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Cornhusker wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: Funny thing I hear national know-it-alls that believe NU and PSU would be a great rivalry as PSU hasn't really had one in conference. Plus being the two most recent members.
Look again.
PSU has two MNCs and is the 9th-winningest CFB program of all time. CU has one MNC and is 21st. They just dropped out of the Top 20 for the first time in years thanks to last year's debacle of a season. Regardless, it's not like there's a gaping chasm of tradition between the two. (Wisconsin and Iowa are bit further down the all-time wins list, FWIW.)

Honestly, I don't even really care anymore. I just think it's ironic that you guys refused to acknowledge us as your biggest rival when OU did the same thing to you. Then again, we do the same thing to CSU, who, in turn, does it to Wyoming, so I guess it's just a vicious cycle.

Best of luck in the Big 10. Enjoy those roadies to Bloomington and East Lansing. I'll be sure to send postcards from LA and SF. Maybe we can meet up in the Rose Bowl one of these years. Now that'd be fucking weird...
"Keys, woman!"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Nebraska-Wisconsin would make a nice season ending rivalry game but I would prefer the NU-PSU matchup, which would attract more national attention every year. Minnesota will/should remain the season finale for Iowa.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Toddowen wrote:Whoops....Capital One contains a number. I'm sure some other corporation will be glad to carry the ball, tho.
Notre Dame? The CapOne Independent League.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sorry, M Club, but Wisky is irrelevant, they nearly always have been, and they're nowhere close to Penn St in terms of being a compelling rivalry game match-up with Nebraska.

Spin it all you want. Go ahead and try to make it a personal attack again since that's what seems to get you off, but them's the facts. Penn St > Wisky, and Penn St-Nebraska > Wisky-Nebraska.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:Nebraska-Wisconsin would make a nice season ending rivalry game but I would prefer the NU-PSU matchup, which would attract more national attention every year. Minnesota will/should remain the season finale for Iowa.
Minnesota's last game was against Wisconsin for something like 50 years. Then for some unknown reason Elroy let Iowa take over that slot. Wisconsin-Minnesota is the oldest rivalry in major college football history. Minnesota-Wisconsin should be the final game for both teams. EOS.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mace wrote:Nebraska-Wisconsin would make a nice season ending rivalry game but I would prefer the NU-PSU matchup, which would attract more national attention every year. Minnesota will/should remain the season finale for Iowa.
Minnesota's last game was against Wisconsin for something like 50 years. Then for some unknown reason Elroy let Iowa take over that slot. Wisconsin-Minnesota is the oldest rivalry in major college football history. Minnesota-Wisconsin should be the final game for both teams. EOS.
You just want them for your final game so your team can become bowl eligible in week 12. I understand....and sympathize.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I want them for our final game because that was traditional. If I wanted to go for the easier win, Iowa would be ahead of Minnesota.

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Goober McTuber wrote:I want them for our final game because that was traditional. If I wanted to go for the easier win, Iowa would be ahead of Minnesota.
Recent history would say otherwise, but go ahead and feed your overinflated opinion of your football program.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Wisconsin-Minnesota is the oldest rivalry in major college football history.

Don't let facts get in the way of your take or anything.

Sin,
Michigan/Notre Dame
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:In my book PSU/NU has the makings of a very spirited rivalry indeed.
As long as they don't commission a failing 8th grade shop student to make the trophy, they'll be on to something.

Sin,

I didn't bother to check the properties on that pic. My first thought when I saw it was that it was a Jimmy Meds creation.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sorry, I left out one word. Oldest continuous rivalry. Sue me.

Quite the long-running “rivalry” UM & ND have going on. 37 games in 123 years.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Is it Kansas-Nebraska that have played the most consecutive games to date?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I continually have seen Wisconsin-Minnesota named as the longest continuous. Certainly the most played at 119 games. From USA Today in 2007:
And should there be something on the line, the animosity just goes up another level. Consider the Kansas-Missouri game this week.

Quiet to the rest of the nation, the Jayhawks and Tigers have met 115 times, making it the second-longest running rivalry in the country behind Wisconsin-Minnesota.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MuchoBulls wrote:Is it Kansas-Nebraska that have played the most consecutive games to date?
Consecutive? Could be. But Mizzou-Kansas is the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi, with the Tigers leading the series 55-54-9. The 1918 game was cancelled due to epidemic... :shock:

Edit --Per Wiki, Goobs, Wiscy-Minni skipped 1906 for some reason...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I want them for our final game because that was traditional. If I wanted to go for the easier win, Iowa would be ahead of Minnesota.
Recent history would say otherwise, but go ahead and feed your overinflated opinion of your football program.
Just based on history, we have a slightly better percentage against Iowa. Go ahead and enjoy your 3 good years in a row. That's basically been Ferentz's max. You'll be back to 6-6 in no time.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:Is it Kansas-Nebraska that have played the most consecutive games to date?
Consecutive? Could be. But Mizzou-Kansas is the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi, with the Tigers leading the series 55-54-9. The 1918 game was cancelled due to epidemic... :shock:

Edit --Per Wiki, Goobs, Wiscy-Minni skipped 1906 for some reason...
For some reason they dropped down to 5 game seasons in 1906, 1907 and 1909. Weird.

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Goober McTuber wrote:Sorry, I left out one word. Oldest continuous rivalry. Sue me.

That's what happens when you have a coach who hated catholics.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Sorry, I left out one word. Oldest continuous rivalry. Sue me.

That's what happens when you have a coach who hated catholics.
A few of them, in fact. There's been more than one extremely lengthy hiatus in that series.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Longest uninterrupted series to the present day, yes. Truman picked up the rest of the history on that.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

One year longer than Wisconsin-Minnesota, and two games less in the series. Pretty damn close.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

No.

Penn St fans. Take a moment to think of who goesto that school and what type of fan they are.

Then...

Think of the "people" in the stands for a Husker game.

Got the picture?
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Not really, unless I'm mistaking your intent. I think that the home and home in '02-'03 featured some pretty bad behavior by home fans at the Beav, and much better behavior by Corn fans in Lincoln.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Goober McTuber wrote:Just curious, do you get to keep that "blueblood" status forever? I’m willing to bet that Wisconsin puts a better team on the field this fall than Nebraska.

I kind of chuckled at the Nebraska idea, since Wisconsin already has two "trophy" games, with Minnesota and Iowa.

Bartender...get this guy another one and it's on me. Funny fucking guy over here!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Poor Huskers.

Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

OUMO wrote:Poor Huskers.

Poor Sooners...tune for Texicans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCmM7A46yU
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Rack! ^^^^
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

H4ever wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Just curious, do you get to keep that "blueblood" status forever? I’m willing to bet that Wisconsin puts a better team on the field this fall than Nebraska.

Bartender...get this guy another one and it's on me. Funny fucking guy over here!
I just wanted to make sure you understood I was talking about Wisconsin's cross country team.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/c-xc/division_i2.html

Nebraska's not even getting any votes.