Source: NCAA to hand out decision to USC on Friday

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Source: NCAA to hand out decision to USC on Friday

Post by Left Seater »

If the football violations are considered major, then USC could be in pretty hot water.

Per the NCAA: ""An institution shall be considered a 'repeat' violator if the Committee on Infractions finds that a major violation has occurred within five years of the starting date of a major penalty."

USC was put on probation back in Aug 2001 and the Bush violations are confirmed as major, then watch out. Also USC is hoping to avoid the "lack of institutional control" what with the school already admitting to the basketball/mayo violations.

Friday could be very interesting.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
M Club
el capitán

Re: Source: NCAA to hand out decision to USC on Friday

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote: Per the NCAA: ""An institution shall be considered a 'repeat' violator if the Committee on Infractions finds that a major violation has occurred within five years of the starting date of a major penalty."
i love that one. umich is dealing with the repeat thing now because it took the ncaa like 100 years to investigate the fab five. odd.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

I still don't understand why SMU doesn't file lawsuit against the NCAA for being made an example of. Seems like so many have done the same or worse and get only hand slapped.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

You go get a court order, and I'll sue your ass for wrongful prosecution.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

What I was getting at. It seems that the NCAA hasn't been consistant over the years on what penalties they hand out for violations. That is all.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

There ha$ to be $omething that guide$ the Ncaa to mete out puni$hment for variou$ infraction$ in a manner that i$ ju$t....Maybe it will eventually occur to you.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The Seer wrote:There ha$ to be $omething that guide$ the Ncaa to mete out puni$hment for variou$ infraction$ in a manner that i$ ju$t....Maybe it will eventually occur to you.
yep.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

$o why then were U$C ('01), OU, Bama and now even Michigan all recently hit by the NCAA? Program$ don't come any bigger than tho$e.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Giving SMU the death penalty is much different than giving USC, OU, Bama or UofM the same.

And those teams were given a blow job compared to what happened to SMU.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

I don't think it was a lack of money. Yes it's a small private school, but they seem to find money when they need it. Go look at what they pay June Jones compared to the rest of the coaches in CUSA.
Killian

Post by Killian »

txangler74 wrote:I don't think it was a lack of money. Yes it's a small private school, but they seem to find money when they need it. Go look at what they pay June Jones compared to the rest of the coaches in CUSA.
I think what Seer was getting at was the amount of money that SMU is worth to the NCAA. It's pennies compared to USC, Bama, Michigan, OU, etc.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Killian wrote:I think what Seer was getting at was the amount of money that SMU is worth to the NCAA. It's pennies compared to USC, Bama, Michigan, OU, etc.

And ND could put Adrian Peterson and Mark Sanchez on next year's roster, and the NCAA wouldn't say one word about it.

Although for a bigboy football school, I'll give ND credit for keeping their name away from nasty rumors.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian

Post by Killian »

Dinsdale wrote: Although for a bigboy football school, I'll give ND credit for keeping their name away from nasty rumors.
That's why they suck.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

U$C will be told tomorrow the extent of the findings and punishment to give them 2 days to prepare for the damage control. Expect news to leak at some point tomorrow. And by leak I mean as fast as that vaginal discharge from Cinder's snatch serpent.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Then there will be the appeals process. Joy joy.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Honestly...when was the last time someone appealed a punishment from the NCAA and won?

I suspect they will get nothing more than some vacated wins, a couple lost schoolies for a few years and a ban on postseason play for 2 years.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"Nothing more than"? That would be pretty severe for a single incident involving a player and an agent, not the school or the football program.

A two-year postseason ban and vacated wins aren't trifling penalties. If they get something like that, the NCAA dropped the hammer on them.

Killian

Post by Killian »

Vacated wins are nothing. They're not going to rip the rings off of the players hands. It's a hollow gesture at best. Everyone knows who won those games. So your all time wins and winning percentage take a hit. Boo fucking hoo.

I highly doubt there will be any post season bans. My guess is 2 scholarships a year for 5 years and vacated wins. All in all, a slap on the wrist.

Come on Van. Bush was a part of the school and the football program, therefor it dealt with both.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian wrote:Vacated wins are nothing. They're not going to rip the rings off of the players hands. It's a hollow gesture at best. Everyone knows who won those games. So your all time wins and winning percentage take a hit. Boo fucking hoo.
Depends on whether they also try to rip the bowl game victories, the national titles and the Heisman. Vacating wins could lead to that.
I highly doubt there will be any post season bans.
Agreed.
My guess is 2 scholarships a year for 5 years and vacated wins. All in all, a slap on the wrist.
Your guess is likely better than mine. As long as there is no postseason ban and no ripping of the titles and awards, yep, then it's a slap on the wrist.
Come on Van. Bush was a part of the school and the football program, therefor it dealt with both.
It's still never going to be the same as the school itself being involved in the damning actions. What Tim Floyd is accused of doing, that's the program itself committing the violation. Recruiting violations, providing free jobs and handouts, falsifying test scores, holding excessive numbers of official practices and workouts, etc, those are examples of the school and/or the program itself committing the violations. In each of those examples, the program directly did it and directly benefitted from it.

In Reggie's case we're talking about someone who isn't an employee of the school enticing a player to leave the program early. In no way, shape or form did the school or the program—other than the individual player himself—commit the violation, nor did they benefit from it. Reggie didn't need that agent or his enticements to come to USC or stay eligible to play for USC. That was strictly a player-agent deal.

To even begin to try to compare that incident with something along the lines of an SMU deal is just pathetic handwringing. Just because people want USC "to go down, and go down hard" it doesn't mean they deserve to. The USC football program isn't the USC basketball program, and they aren't being accused of anything nearly that damning. Whatever penalties are handed down, the public's jealous bloodlust ought not to be a consideration. The penalties need to be commensurate with the violations, period. If all the NCAA has is Reggie benefitting from improper dealings with an agent, then that's all they have, and it should be dealt with accordingly, strictly on that basis.

Killian

Post by Killian »

I didn't compare it to SMU. The NCAA can do nothing about the Heisman, that's an individual award and something the Heisman people would decide.

Even if they do rip the wins, the bowl games, and the title (I doubt the AP gives a fuck or would have the ability to recind that title), does it really matter? It's not punishing the current kids who had nothing to do with it, and USC won't have to give back the money from the bowl games.

Do you look at record books and say that UNC won the 1993 basketball title by forefit? No, you know that Webber called the time out. Same with USC. The title may say "vacated" in the books, but everyone knows who won it that year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:In Reggie's case we're talking about someone who isn't an employee of the school enticing a player to leave the program early. In no way, shape or form did the school or the program—other than the individual player himself—commit the violation, nor did they benefit from it.

You're an idiot, but we've rehashed your blinders-on idiocy so many times here, it hardly bears repeating... but that never stops me, so...

By "someone who isn't an employee," you mean the guy that was given free-run to gain access to the players, and allowed in the locker room post game, and allowed into practices with the full fucking blessing of the coach, which is otherwise-unheard of in NCAA sports?

If that meets your standards of "institutional control"? Because if it does, it would be useless to try to explain to an idiot why they're such an idiot.

Throw that on top of turning the same blind eyes to the basketball program, and there'ya'go -- you have multiple examples of willful negligence in the institutional control department.

And "they didn't benefit"? Really? You don't see how letting a guy roll up to practice and around campus in a car neither he nor his family could afford might be a "recruiting tool"? Are you going for a fucking-idiot-twofer?

And as for your other ramblings -- remind me again what control the NCAA has over the Heisman? Well, I guess they do to an extent -- if they rule Bush ineligible, even for one game of the season (which they will), the rules of the Downtown Athletic Club state that the player WILL be stripped of the award.

The again, Bo Jackson couldn't read or write upon "graduating" Auburn, so the Heisman Trust is pretty much a buncha sissies.

But if those wins are vacated... looks like a certain team in Eugene just won another PAC10 title, 5 years after the fact.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, Reggie's no-big-deal car was the recruiting tool. Not his Heisman, or USC's national titles, or their tradition, or even their SoCal location with all the incredible women. Nope, it was Reggie's hooptie car.

Bwaa.

You're funny when you reach like Helen Keller for a happy cock.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, you're denying that a recruit seeing a star playing bumping around in an ill-gotten car with the blessing of the team officials would enhance recruiting?

Really?

You seem to have forgotten how this internet-thingy works...

See, when I accuse you of being a "fucking idiot," it's actually expected that you'll somehow try and refute the accusation, not cement it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:

"And over here we have Matt Leinart's Heisman, which is sitting next to Carson Palmer's, which, oh yeah, is right next to Reggie's. That's three Heismans in four years, to go along with two national championships. You want to be a star, right?

"By the way, JaQ'eef, I'd like you to meet Mr. Lucas, as in George Lucas. Haven't heard of him? Okay. Yo, Snoop, say hello to our latest recruit, JaQ'eef."

"Yo, 'Queef, 'sup. You check the NFL draft? Twenty-one of these playas went in the last two years. First rounders comin' out yo azz up in this bitch here. Bank, dog...these cats get you ready to make some serious bank, and the hoes they got around here? Shit make Stevie Wonder's dick get hard. You may wanna plant yo narra azz right here, know what I'm sayin'?"

"Man, fuck all that! Look at Reggie's ride! He's got Dubs and shit! Where do I sign?"

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

the only difference between usc and smu is that usc outsourced their boosters.

i wonder how smuvan spun this shit 25 years ago. probably with some faux-dialogue about "hey LeRon, that's eric dickerson and craig james over there. we won 87 games last year. know who this oil tycoon is? no? well what about george strait over there? still not interested? here's a k-car."

weak sauce.
SEC! SEC! SEC!
Fuckin' Noob

Post by SEC! SEC! SEC! »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Can't believe I'm defending an Aubie
Really? Ya can't?

:meds:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Can't believe I'm defending an Aubie
Really? Ya can't?

:meds:
ya, really. you guys have been SEC tugging each other off for well over a year. 8)
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:I have no use for Auburn whatsoever. They can lose every game in every sport for the rest of my life for all I care...except for when they play OOC, then I root for them like they were my own children.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SEC! SEC! SEC! wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BWAAA!

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:weak sauce.

Judging from the utter lack of a "yes" or a "no," I'd have to agree.

Although while Van tried hard to avoid it, he implied a "yes" with the idea that "it's not as big an enticement as the trophy case."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Agents aren't boosters. In fact, they serve quite the opposite role, since the only reason they're there is to poach players from the program. USC doesn't benefit from agents poaching their players. USC doesn't employ those agents.

Reggie's deal and the USC football program bear zero resemblance to SMU, and the more people like M Nub attempt to make that comparison, the more transparent their arguments become.

Dins, your point about Reggie's car is absurd. For one thing, it's a nonissue. We're talking about Reggie freaking Bush. No recruit who's exposed to life on USC's campus and everything else surrounding Reggie Bush is going to give a tired fuck about his hooptie car. Moreover, nobody has ever been able to pin anything illegal on him regarding any car. Your incessant whining about it being ill-gotten booty doesn't make it so.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:Agents aren't boosters. In fact, they serve quite the opposite role, since the only reason they're there is to poach players from the program. USC doesn't benefit from agents poaching their players. USC doesn't employ those agents.
thus the outsourcing comment. if usc and agents are at odds with one another, then it stands to actual reason (and not your circumlocutions that you've confused for reason) that usc would limit agents' access to their players. ja, sure, the 300 van posts about "compliance can't uncover everything, especially the fat rides their poor players can suddenly afford after enrolling at usc," but if agents are so anathema to a program they wouldn't invited into the locker rooms. everyone but you, the apologist understands this.

also, agents don't poach players. they jockey for position while the athlete is an amateur in order to represent him when he's professional. agents are part of usc's allure.

Reggie's deal and the USC football program bear zero resemblance to SMU, and the more people like M Nub attempt to make that comparison, the more transparent their arguments become.
the scope, perhaps. otherwise, illegal benefits. same same.

Dins, your point about Reggie's car is absurd. For one thing, it's a nonissue. We're talking about Reggie freaking Bush. No recruit who's exposed to life on USC's campus and everything else surrounding Reggie Bush is going to give a tired fuck about his hooptie car. Moreover, nobody has ever been able to pin anything illegal on him regarding any car. Your incessant whining about it being ill-gotten booty doesn't make it so.
you're willfully obtuse. ja, recruits are so blinded by oj's heisman that they fail to notice the sorts of cars they're allowed to "lease" at usc. :meds:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam, I've seen you and 'Spray root for each other's teams enough by now to know that there's an awful lot of smoke being blown up everyone's asses regarding this supposed seething hatred between Bama and Auburn. The second Bama stepped out of the SEC, 'Spray couldn't suck their dicks enough. Even when it means his own program will be utterly buried in-state by their archrivals, 'Spray was rooting for Bama as hard as you were in the title game.

Conversely, you're not going to convince a single person here for even one second that you wouldn't be rooting for Auburn if they were to play USC, OSU or Texas in a bowl game.

Hell, even your last avatar - the good one :twisted: - was a picture you took while visiting Auburn's campus. Yeah, not a whole lotta Texas-OU-style hatred oozing from y'all.

Face it, Sam. The minute The Grinder Factor comes into play, you SEC guys fall in lock-step like the Aryan Youth.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club, go ahead and link me up to something detailing Reggie's "car lease" or any malfeasance thereof.

:dins:

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:Aha! As of March 2008:

The Suckeyes not on the list???? I call BULLSHIT!

sin,

Noj Noj
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'd bet you a million bucks not one AU fan in here wants Bama to win a game
So who was that posing as 'Spray last season? He was rooting like a mother for Bama to beat Texas. Hell, I think he was even rooting for them to beat Florida in the Cash Grab Game.

Conversely, if Auburn were to play ND, OU or USC in a title game, yep, you'd absolutely be waving your SEC flag. You can say it'd only be for the board's sake, but nobody would buy it. You Meatgrinder guys have shown time and time again that it's Conference, Sister, God, Country, Team, Toothbrush and Bathroom Scale, in that order.

:ducks:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:I didn't wanna look like typical southern inbred football fans to the rest of the CFB world
Ummm...Sam?

Ahem...

It didn't work!

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:M Club, go ahead and link me up to something detailing Reggie's "car lease" or any malfeasance thereof.

:dins:
yahoo.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's what I thought. The same, tired Yahoo story from January of '07 that includes nary a single mention of the word 'lease' in the entire text.

There was a reason I asked for a "car lease" link, M Club. I knew there was no chance of his having been given a B.S. auto lease. Whether or not he received illlicit funds to purchase a used car, I don't know, nor do you or Dins - though I do know he is not accused of having received any such funds from anyone connected to USC, inlcuding any USC boosters - but I knew there was no chance of a lease because the paper trail would be way too easy to trace.