Insha'Allah

Re: The Pacific

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

The War In Iraq
Moby Dick wrote:started in 2003...

Should be over.

Who cares?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I don't subscribe to HBO, so I'll wait and buy the DVD set when it comes out....just like I did with Band of Brothers. I think this will be nails too, just like Band of Brothers, and I'll probably end up watching it 10-15 times too. My son and I have Band of Brothers weekend where we watch the entire series....will probably have to do the same with Pacific, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

This would be a most excellent time to click on the "free HBO for 2 months" link on AT&T's shit website.

I might even pay the bill... nah, fuck that.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I'll probably wait and buy the DVDs so I can watch them at my leisure and not have to plan 10 nights to be in front of the TV.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

They have these things called DVR's. I've heard they work.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:They have these things called DVR's. I've heard they work.
They have yet to arrive in Iowa....or at least to my house....but it sounds like a wonderful concept.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

Mace wrote:I don't subscribe to HBO, so I'll wait and buy the DVD set when it comes out....just like I did with Band of Brothers.
same here
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Definitely in! I watched the History Channel's series "WWII in HD", and it was mostly on the PTO ( Pacific Theater of Operations), and it was freaking brutal! You will see lots of backlash of this series from the Japanese. Those bastatrds were tough as nails, but also psychotic as a nation. When the U.S. took Saipan, half of the civilian population killed themselves, their kids, ....cutting their throats...throwing them off of cliffs, cause the Japanese told them that the Americans would rape, pillage and plunder....which is what THOSE bastatrds did, not the U.S. Hard stuff to watch.

Anyway ...I will be watching, and RACK!!!!! all military vets that saw and lived through such brutality and lack of humanity. Especially you BF.
What were we just talking about?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:...cause the Japanese told them that the Americans would rape, pillage and plunder....which is what THOSE bastatrds did, not the U.S.
Yeah, you guys saved that for Okinawa during the post-war occupation.

Way to go, rapists.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Martyred wrote:
Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:...cause the Japanese told them that the Americans would rape, pillage and plunder....which is what THOSE bastatrds did, not the U.S.

Way to go, rapists.
What else is a guy supposed to do on Okinawa?
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

I'm watching Band of Brothers with my 8 year old son for the first time. He loves it. His grandfathers both fought in WWII and fortunately my son has had the opportunity to know them. We're in Episode 9 when E company runs across the death camp. I'm gearing myself up to explain that to him, and I look over and see that my son has fallen asleep and I was grateful, no one should ever have to see that, but everyone should have to see it if you know what I mean. What a bunch of evil cocksuckers and the Japs might have been more evil than the fucking Germans. One of the things I love about Band of Brothers is that I never knew my dad when he was that age, of course, but I can imagine what he was like in his 20's, honed to the razor's to the most serious enemy the world has ever known.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

My dad played a small role in "the raid at los banos' in the phillipines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_at_Los_Ba%C3%B1os considered to be the most successful raid in modern history. My dad drove an amphipian tractor and helped ferry the freed pow's across the lake. He broke down when he tried to tell how happy those pow's were to see them. Over 2000 prisoners rescued.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Martyred wrote:

Way to go, rapists.

As an adult human, with a full functioning mind, I am curious. What's it like being a complete moron?

Seriously. A response like that begs this question - Instead of a brain, what is in your head? I am guessing some form of excrement? Cow would be to passe'. I am thinking.....some form of swine. Or something more exotic. llama perhaps? No...I have it......whale shit!

Yep! That's it. Instead of a brain, your head is full of whale shit. I imagine...............humpback. Although pig shit is not out of the question.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:As an adult human, with a full functioning mind.
I laughed.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

heya mv!

Want to have a spelling contest?

8)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Spelling is or should be the least of your concerns.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

"...cause the Japanese told them that the Americans would rape, pillage and plunder..." --shrubber

Not to mention cannibalism. It wasn't widespread, but there were plenty of cases where the Japanese ate their human POWs to internalize their fighting spirit and to feed themselves after being shutoff from their supply train.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

mvscal wrote:
Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:As an adult human, with a full functioning mind.
I laughed.
Do you ever get the feeling like he does this shit on purpose?
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

KC Scott wrote:Rothliesberger was in Okinawa?
All part of Goodell's NFL globalization plan.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

One the stories in this series is apparently this guys story, or so I've been told:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Basilone

While on Guadalcanal his fellow Marines gave him the nickname "Manila John" due to his former service in the Philippines with the Army.[3] On October 24, 1942 he engaged the Japanese in the Lunga area with his unit when their defensive positions came under attack by a Japanese regiment of appoximately 3000 soldiers. The Japanese forces began a frontal attack using machine-guns, grenades and mortars against the American heavy machine-guns. The American forces fought for the next 48 hours until only Basilone and two other men from his squad were still able to continue fighting. Basilone moved an extra gun into position and maintained continual fire against the incoming Japanese forces. He repaired another machine-gun and personally manned it, holding his line until replacements arrived. With the continuous fighting, ammunition was becoming critically low and the supply lines cut off, Sgt. Basilone risked his life by fighting through hostile lines and returning with urgently needed ammunition for his gunners. By the end of the battle, the Japanese regiment was virtually annihilated. For his actions during this battle he received the United States military's highest award for bravery, the Medal of Honor.[4]

Afterwards Private First Class Nash W. Phillips, of Fayetteville, North Carolina, recalled him from the battle for Guadalcanal: "Basilone had a machine gun on the go for three days and nights without sleep, rest or food". "He was in a good emplacement, and causing the Japs lots of trouble, not only firing his machine gun but also using his pistol."[3]

Dude gets the CMOH, comes home and does the War Bond circuit but can't stand it and wants to go back to combat. He's denied time and time again and finally they allow him to go. He gets killed at Iwo Jima.
Last edited by Tom In VA on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

On October 24, 1942 he engaged the Japanese in the Lunga area with his unit
:shock:
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Smackie Chan wrote:
On October 24, 1942 he engaged the Japanese in the Lunga area with his unit
:shock:
:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rooster wrote:"...cause the Japanese told them that the Americans would rape, pillage and plunder..." --shrubber

Not to mention cannibalism. It wasn't widespread, but there were plenty of cases where the Japanese ate their human POWs to internalize their fighting spirit and to feed themselves after being shutoff from their supply train.
I see no problem as long as the sushi chef sanitized his tools properly.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Anyway, this thread spurred me to watch Band of Brothers, which I am doing now. I had never watched it - 2.5 episodes in, I see what the fuss was all about.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Band of Brothers
~moan~

--Stanley Pickle
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I just switched back to Time Warner cable after fucking off with AT&T U-verse for 10 months.

Ordered HBO just so i could watch The Pacific and just got around to watching the 2nd episode on demand.

Wow, just incredible. What a portayal. If even half of that's what's it was really like, shudder....

Just two episodes in and it's already one of the best, if not The Best, war flicks I've ever see.

I don't see how they can top that, but I can't wait to find out.

Episode 3 on demand, up next.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:Ordered HBO just so i could watch The Pacific
Try Graboid. It's $4.99 for 10 GB and 4 GB free trial. If you can hook a laptop up to your TV, it's the way to go. I downloaded 15 episodes of Fringe season 2 and 12 episodes of Dexter season 4.

If you can wait, you can get all of The Pacific for about $5.
Stanley Pickkkle

Post by Stanley Pickkkle »

mvscal wrote:

Do you ever find your free market capitalistic side in conflict with your stingy jewish side?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:

No, I couldn't wait. I could be dead tommorow, you never know.

Have you seen episode 2?

You wouldn't want to wait either.

Has anybody seen the 2nd episode?

Apperently not, or this thread would've been at page 5 a week ago.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Do you ever find your free market capitalistic side in conflict with your stingy jewish side?
Think of it this way, Stanley. What if you paid $50 to have ten inches of black cock slammed up your dirtpipe and then another brotha came along and offered to slam 12 inches of black cock up your ass for only $10?
Stanley Pickkkle

mvscal wrote:
Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Do you ever find your free market capitalistic side in conflict with your stingy jewish side?
Think of it this way, Stanley. What if you paid $50 to have ten inches of black cock slammed up your dirtpipe and then another brotha came along and offered to slam 12 inches of black cock up your ass for only $10?

:D :D :lol:

Oh my God....You crack me up.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Answer the question, Stanley Q.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Stanley Pickkkle

Goober McTuber wrote:Answer the question, Stanley Q.

Oh, there was a question? I thought he was just being silly. Nobody really believes that I like black cokkk up my ass.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Actually, pikkkle, you're the oral type, etc...

Okay, I've watched the first two episodes...and there's good and bad.

The good is that it's better than Saving Private Ryan (though Spielberg is only "executive producer" on this), with decent acting, excellent location feel, and dependable action scenes. A little schmaltzy and stereotyped, but it moves along.

The bad is that it's shaping up as a recruitment vehicle for young men who just want to shoot something! You know, like your standard militant Christer getting married in the woods.

Case in point: in episode two the fierce battles of Gaudalcanal are basically rolled into one eight minute sequence of non-stop automatic machine gun , etc, and while at least two thousand Japanese are seen running suicidally into the reaper of American hot lead, NOT ONE American is seen taking a hit. I'm not kidding. Sure, allusion is made to dead marines (next day burials), but none are shown getting shot during this entire sequence. It looks adventurous, exciting, and fun. ANd of course the 1st Marine detachment are total HEROES, etc.

Part 3...Spoils of war. Aussie brunettes spreadin' like flowers in Spring...all for you, forest groom Christer loon recruit, good sanctioned Victorian sex--thirty seconds of fumbling hydraulics followed by confession....

but first,

WW
Last edited by LTS TRN 2 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before God was, I am
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Answer the question, Stanley Q.

Oh, there was a question? I thought he was just being silly. Nobody really believes that I like black cokkk up my ass.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that doesn't. Maybe you should start a poll.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Watch yer grammar, pvt. Goober. Your train wreck sentence suggests that everyone "want's one." Are you some kind of total latent twisted homo...a Christer republican? Like Larry, just go to your stall and wait... :?
Goober McTuber wrote: I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that doesn't. Maybe you should start a poll.
Before God was, I am
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Watch yer grammar, pvt. Goober. Your train wreck sentence suggests that everyone "want's one." Are you some kind of total latent twisted homo...a Christer republican? Like Larry, just go to your stall and wait... :?

Well, Nick Crisco, maybe you’re just a little too anxious to throw in with the group that "want's one."
Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Nobody really believes that I like black cokkk up my ass.
Goober McTuber wrote:I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that doesn't.
You having trouble following along?

A Christer republican? Yeah, that’s really close.

Go fuck yourself, tard.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: The good is that it's better than Saving Private Ryan...
After watching only two episodes thus far, I wouldn't say that.... yet. Nice comparison, though.

oh, and plenty of GI's are seen taking hits. Graphic shot to the jugular hits. How'd you miss those?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well, except for the beginning, Private Ryan blew chunks. Pacific is basically a nine-hour movie, and so the character development, details, and battle scenes are all more...realistic? And sure, wagoner, the American gets clipped in the trench--that was episode one. In the episode two sequence to which I referred, it's just non-stop slaughter of the Japs without a single American getting shot. I've got it recorded. I don't doubt the basic tallies of the brutal fight--32,000 out of 36, 000 Japanese killed, to about 7,000 out of 60, 000 Americans. Clearly if the Japanese had established their base on the strategic little isle the whole war would have been much much worse.

As if you need any further reason to rationalize or justify the slaughter of the Japanese army, try checking out The Rape Of Nanking (2007) a horrifying documentary of Japan's ruthless genocidal assault on China--starting with Shanghai and marching inland to Nanking, killing everyone in between. Even the German Nazis who were visiting were shocked.

(yeah, goober, yer grammar suffers what's known as a "predication error"--and a Freudian would interpret yours pretty easily. just sayin' :wink: )
Before God was, I am