KC closing half its schools.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

KC closing half its schools.

Post by War Wagon »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100311/ap_ ... ng_schools

Go ahead and get your KC digs in up front, smack dabblers. At the end of this thread and before it is archived, what's left of the KC crew may award a prize for the the most new and creative way to go Dr. Detroit on KC.

I have a lot to say about this topic... things like desegregation and white flight and horrific school boards... but I'll let all who need to get their epic "bash KC" blasts out go 1st.

Except to say that this should've happened a long time ago.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: KC closing half its schools.

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Good.

More money for Iraq and Afghanistan. Because that's important.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

KC has schools?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mikey wrote:KC has schools?
Yes, quite a few... the ones that are actually in KC but not in the KC school district, like KC North... are decent schools.

The schools and teachers in KC, south of the river, are nothing more than temporary holding facilities and wardens for what those students will face later in the penitentiary
Stanley Pickkkle

Post by Stanley Pickkkle »

Another school district and another city completely destroyed by negroes.

So I ask you.....I'm I lying?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:...school...

...I'm I lying?

Oh, Pikkkle...
Why don’t you just STFU.
Stanley Pickkkle

What's your explanation, Marty?

White people? Only in the fact that they bolted the fukkk out of the city to get away from living amongst subhuman apes.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:What's your explanation, Marty?
The school board is is trying to frighten the teacher's union because they perceive labour troubles in an upcoming budget battle.

How stupid are you people?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Stanley Pickkkle

Martyred wrote:
Stanley Pickkkle wrote:What's your explanation, Marty?
The school board is is trying to frighten the teacher's union because they perceive labour troubles in an upcoming budget battle.

How stupid are you people?

God damn, you are a fukkking moron!

There is only one answer here and it's NI.GG.ERS!

They are too stupid to graduate from HS....they don't pay any property taxes and they destory everything!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote: The school board is is trying to frighten the teacher's union...
The teachers are way past frightened, they are now in the tears phase. Literally. Next comes the accepantce part... realizing they're going to have to go get a job jizzmopping because the gravy train is over.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Bet it has something to do with that long-ago desgregation case involving Ashcroft. You know, endless amounts of money to build new schools with Olympic pools, etc. Typical result of progressive politics...
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Uh, seems to be a little over the top to be a scare tactic, Marty. Any evidence supporting your theory?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Another school district and another city completely destroyed by the poor.
FTFY

Really don't need or want this to go there.

There are more than just blacks living in the innercity.

Consider this a :stopsign: Pickkkle.
Stanley Pickkkle

War Wagon wrote:
Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Another school district and another city completely destroyed by the poor.
FTFY

Really don't need or want this to go there.

There are more than just blacks living in the innercity.

Consider this a :stopsign: Pickkkle.

Another fucking MORON!

Here's the problem with your little pathetic excuse for ni.gg.ers. They don't have the intellectual capacity to ever succeed in America so they will always need social handouts from the White people and they will always be poor. There is a reason blacks are the poorest people in America and that's because they are the bottom of the human totem pole.

The only hope for black people in America is an immediate repatriation project to ship them back to their native African jungle habitat where they can compete for banana leafs with the other monkeys.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote: The only hope for black people in America is an immediate repatriation project to ship them back to their native African jungle habitat where they can compete for banana leafs with the other monkeys.

:lol:

at least you didn't call them mvscals in that post.

jeez...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:They don't have the intellectual capacity to ever succeed in America so they will always need social handouts from the White people and they will always be poor.
This statement is false.
Stanley Pickkkle wrote: The only hope for black people in America is an immediate repatriation project to ship them back to their native African
This is at the conclusion of the Reparations Movement, for some. For others it is a separate black state, black economy, a veritable FUBU.

Of course, after the checks have been cut.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

A few weeks ago I heard about a high school back east that fired every single one of their teachers because the teachers would not agree to tutor the students 1/2 after school and during lunch. Those teachers were kicking themselves after. I realize teachers have some difficult kids to deal with but their union and attitudes are hurting education. They got into this job supposedly because they love teaching. That said, parent suppport is the biggest problem in education. No doubt whatsoever about that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It's a pitiful situation, Wagon.

It's a situation that would never have happened had the fed gov not been balls-deep where they are not authorized to be - education.

We'd seriously find about 80% of our nation's problems erased if our elected officials did what they are elected to do - uphold the constitution.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

trev wrote:They got into this job supposedly because they love teaching.
I'm sure some go into it for less than stellar reasons as well. Sure it's always polished with "It's for the children", but as we see some - specifically at the high school level - are almost extended or reverting back to their own adolosence.

Plus having the choice to have summer off probably doesn't suck. Get paid annually, to include the summer, and either take it easy or work at something cool during the something months.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I'll find the research later, but I recall seeing test or IQ results being compared among occupational groups...teachers don't do so well.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

trev wrote:A few weeks ago I heard about a high school back east that fired every single one of their teachers..
yeah, heard that also.

The domino effect has begun. There are school districts in every major city in this country facing drastic cuts. KC was the first to roll over dead, watch 'em all line up behind.

And it shoulda' happened a long time ago. KC finally got a school superintendant with the nads to figure out how to get it done, because the last 5 hired then fired by the school board sure couldn't.

Rack John Covington or more likely, Rack reality for finally hitting home with the dumbfuck school board. And it was a 5-4 vote.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:There are school districts in every major city in this country facing drastic cuts. KC was the first to roll over dead, watch 'em all line up behind.
Yep.

Give some credit to KC for facing the music.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"When you're talking about closing 26 schools, you can't wait until the ninth hour to get it done

...this out front shoud have....never mind, it's KC
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: We built the airport out north thinking business growth would go there - it didn't.
They have the Harley plant out there, doesn't that count for something?
It actually went the exact opposite direction south and into the wrong state - Kansas.
:brad:
Oh and did I mention KC has more miles of highway per capita than any other city in the USA?
At least we've got that going for us.
It's beacuse there's nothing fucking close to anything.
"Everything in KC is 40 minutes from anything else in KC... I expect you home in 40 minutes"
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

KC Scott wrote: Then the creme'de la creme - three years ago KC decides to build a new Arena - and sensibly they do put it downtown.
The only problem of course is that there is No professional tenant - nor does there appear to be one on the horizon.
In hindsight, these guys didn't look so bad...

Now, don't make me turn this into a Rush thread, 'cause I will if I'm pushed.

:x
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I heard that most of those schools were less than half filled anyway. They've been waiting for a super with the balls pull the string. It's not like it's going to cause any overcrowding or anything -- some kids will have to switch campuses. Big deal.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Seriously...Rush...

I've got the "Fly By Night" YouTube all cued up and everything...
Why don’t you just STFU.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

We'd seriously find about 80% of our nation's problems erased

bwahaahahaha! Along with 80% of our population, probably. War, disease, disorganization...all of that would have kept our population low had the Fed not organized the direction of the nation. Maybe it would have been better in the long run had our nation not evolved as it has...but we would certainly have different problems, not less of them.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

KC Scott wrote:KC as a city is fucked. The schools are just another part of it.
Everything you've written sounds like a reactive plan that hasn't gone well. If you build it they will come. Just guessing that St. Louis has a better tax base/they manufacture more, so things never got out of hand? I think I remember reading Pittsburgh did a decent job aswell, keeping their downtown core intact?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

PSU wrote: War, disease, disorganization...all of that would have kept our population low had the Fed not organized the direction of the nation.
Complete nonsense.

Some professor skull fucked the brains right out of you.

Every area the fed has gone without constitutional authority would have been provided for in the private sector, and we'd all be more free and prosperous because of it.

The fed has fiscally raped your family line for generations, and they continue to devalue your money, and yet you sing their praises.

Simply amazing.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Pittsburgh is, of late, experiencing a reversal of misfortune where urban redevelopment is concerned. Downtown is buzzing with new construction, new public/private development, new high-end housing going up and into restored old buildings. Yet, we certainly had our decades of decline...and municipal finances are as dire here as they are anywhere else.

School closings have certainly been proposed...and the proposals have been very good ones.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

poppy, you're drunk on the anti-state wine - the pourers of which have no inclination or reason to dilute their medium.

Without advancements in medicine, planning, education, America would be a much less prosperous nation. Do we both decry the irritants and parasites of our society? Of course...but doesn't the body itself rally to overcome those and strengthen in the process?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Cheers PSU, just curious. I loosely follow the trials of upstate New York as a soap opera, it's identical to Scott's description of KC and it always seems to boil down to a tax base.
Some pull it off and some don't and what makes it interesting is that it's the polar opposite from the rest of western city centres, Canada included. People just pour into the city, you can't keep them out - so the money has to come from somewhere.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

...the district is still operating as far as its infrastructure is concerned as though it's serving 75,000 students," she said. "But in reality, it's serving slightly under 17,000 students.
The Cliff Notes summary for the reading impaired...

Not a particularly controversial decision under the circimstances.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dr_Phibes wrote:People just pour into the city...
How you gonna' keep 'em down on the farm?

The KC school closures are but the vanguard of inner city implosion all across the country. If it can happen here, it can and will happen everywhere.

PSU mentions Pittspukes downtown redevelopment... he neglects to mention the city financed bonds which will be defaulted on. Nobody is going to move there and support the taxbase, Douchebag.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:
A couple of the better High schools we used to compete in Football and Baseball with back in the 80's are now...
going to Staley.

Bide your time, Blue Springs fucko.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:as well as Mike Arbanas
Was that one-eyed Fred's kid?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Cheers PSU, just curious. I loosely follow the trials of upstate New York as a soap opera, it's identical to Scott's description of KC and it always seems to boil down to a tax base.
Some pull it off and some don't and what makes it interesting is that it's the polar opposite from the rest of western city centres, Canada included. People just pour into the city, you can't keep them out - so the money has to come from somewhere.
I can't speak for KC in this regard, but Upstate NY cities and towns have suffered from a combination of governmental incompetence and from being "company" towns utterly too dependent on a few major employers for their job base. And when I say governmental incompetence, I am being utterly too kind.

I'm sure you're familiar with the 40 million dollar "Fast Ferry" that our city first subsidized and eventually bought when the private firm went belly up, only to cancel ferry service 6 months after closing on the biggest white elephant ever. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The latest boondoggle has our county Executive trying to swindle the Local, state and US taxpayers for (I am seriously not making this shit up) 250 million dollars to build a combination bus terminal, performing arts center and community college campus. Now, on the face of it, these are all nice enough things to have. But the performing arts center is essentially the same size and would serve the same function as the already existing Auditorium Theater that is 1/2 mile away, the bus terminal is even more useless as it would be so much more efficient were it to be merged with the Amtrak station 5 blocks north and the community college has all the room to expand that it ever would need using the existing downtown campus in the Sibley building. Fortunately for local taxpayers, this idiocy has been killed thanks to our local political leaders inability to agree on exactly how the ill gotten loot was to be divided.

And of course there is the COMIDA boondoggle, where taxpayers give tax breaks to businesses to ostensibly create jobs, only to see those same jobs disappear later or never get created in the first place. And there's the 13,000 seat soccer stadium build in the middle of one of the worst neighborhoods in Rochester with parking for maybe half the full capacity and absolutely no money set aside for neighborhood projects to perhaps make the place not look like a fucking war zone. And the War Memorial errr "Blue Cross Arena" renovation done with used seats from an arena in Cleveland to the tune of 20 million dollars. And so on and so on.

Meanwhile Kodak has become a holding company for intellectual property more than a company that actually produces any product of their own. We used to have 60,000 people employed by Kodak in 1980. Now we have 8,000. Ditto on a smaller scale for Xerox, who should own the fucking world but for the fact they gave away their research on GUI based operating systems to a couple of pissant startups call Microsoft and Apple. And what do we get to replace these corporate behemoths? Wegmans? Paychex? They're OK, but they don't employ anywhere near the workforce Kodak and Xerox used to. Same with Paetec, the company whose name used to grace that ghetto soccer stadium and whose CEO is probably the most visionary civic leader we have.

But hey, on the plus side, there's hardly any traffic during "rush hour".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSU mentions Pittspukes downtown redevelopment... he neglects to mention the city financed bonds which will be defaulted on. Nobody is going to move there and support the taxbase, Douchebag.
I don't think you really read what I said, wags. Either way, though - downtown living space is going pretty well in pgh.
Stanley Pickkkle

KC Scott wrote:
And my guess is 66% of that 17,000 is minority.
A couple of the better High schools we used to compete in Football and Baseball with back in the 80's are now 90% + minority.
They went totally to hell - no one I know would send their kids there

In other words....

Stanley Pickkkle was RIGHT!