Marcus Freaking Camby

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Marcus Freaking Camby

Post by Dinsdale »

Lost 2 starting centers, and are now rolling out Camby?

Any questions about who the best GM in the NBA is anymore?

We're back, bitches.

And if things get crazystrange, next year's roster could include: Greg Oden, Joel Vanilla Gorilla, Marcus Camby, Juwan Howard (playing like a spring chicken lately-btw), and LaMarcus Whipple.

Are you fucking kidding? Yeah, why don't you drive that lane, little guy... I dare you. Shit, that lineup will give up less penetration than a chick on a blind date with Otis.

Of course, Pryzbilla has an opt-out after this season. Since he went down, we figured there's no way in hell he'd exercise it, since he's damaged good (nasty injury), and he's got a huuuuge pile of guaranteed jack sitting on the table for another year... but if Camby works out (unrestricted FA after this season), there might be a Pryz trade in the works, who knows.

But with Oden underachieving his first 3 seasons due to injury, the anticipated bigbucks to keep him have gone down to medium-bucks (he'll still get overpaid, but not a near-max deal that most guys in his position would expect), and with Camby off the books, the upcoming summer is looking like crazyawesome days for Rip City.

Maybe keep Camby?

Maybe go after Bosch (my money says he stays put, or ends up in Miami or NY)?

There's that douchebag of a free-agent elephant in the room in Cleveland, but I'll bet he stays put.

But Portland could end up being an attractive market to aging ringseekers, for sure... I'm sure James Posey will be hitting KP up for a job, assuming Robert Horry or Steve Kerr doesn't beat him to it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Marcus Freaking Camby

Post by indyfrisco »

Gotta say...Portland's dynasty of "Next Year" Titles is growing at an alarming rate.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sure... but when Diety Pritchard took over as GM, it was kinda with a "5 year plan" in mind.

And that 5 year plan is 4 years in, and the target date is looking mighty good right about now.

And if Oden is ever released from the retirement home, look at the guys he's studying under.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

When Portland is relevant in the conference finals... call me. Until then I'll just let the alarm clock go off and hit the snooze.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

But Portland could end up being an attractive market to aging ringseekers, for sure... I'm sure James Posey will be hitting KP up for a job, assuming Robert Horry or Steve Kerr doesn't beat him to it.
I guffawed at this. One can only assume the John Salley is thinking comeback.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

R-Jack wrote:John Salley
Got Marcus Camby and Juwan at center -- if they go down with injuries, we'll have to see what George Mikan and Artis Gilmore are up to... assuming James Edwards isn't interested in the job.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Watch out for the new Bullets. Who knew that getting rid of old ball-hogging no-D trash, and replacing it with young high-energy talent with something to prove would lead to such an improvement?

Always fun to see Jamison fuck over the LeTravels with an 0-12, 2 point performance.

After beating the Craptors tonight for a 3 game win streak, the Boulez will only be 6 games out of the playoff hunt. The Eastern Conference is horseshit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

stuckinia wrote:Watch out for the new Bullets. Who knew that getting rid of old ball-hogging no-D trash, and replacing it with young high-energy talent with something to prove would lead to such an improvement?
Unfortunately Grunfeld has said publicly the team plans on bringing Gil back. HE is the fucking problem.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I have a feeling that is Arenas does not have the Big 3 crutch to lean on, then maybe he will begin to earn a fraction of his salary. Hell, he was averaging 22 and 7 before he decided to keep it real. Maybe the youth and Leonsis as owner will rejuvenate him.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Ammunition is a case-study in horrific management.

Arenas is one of the worst contracts in recent memory.

Butler and Jamieson were good pieces to have, but much too similar a player to be a long-term solution.

I don't see them being very competitive for a few years, but stranger things have happened. And as Stucky points out, the East looks like the East again -- whole lotta suck.