mickelon is a an asshat

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

mickelon is a an asshat

Post by Felix »

Interesting turn of events for Mickleson
seems some of hi fellow pros are accusing him of cheating, using an old Ping wedge that has square grooves, but is legal because of Ping's lawsuit against the USGA years ago....Scott McCarron publically accused Phil of "cheating" and Mickelson's response was to say he'd been publicly slandered

now, McCarron has backed off of it, apologizing to Mickelson-spineless fucking worm

if Mickelson is the 2nd best player in the world, why does he need to use a club-that while legal, goes pretty much against the whole "gentlemans game" spirit of golf?

just one more reason for me to despise that fucking lardass
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: mickelon is a an asshat

Post by BSmack »

I agree with Rory McIlroy. If you want to get scoring down to a certain range, then set the courses up better. The USGA, of all groups, should know better. They're responsible for some of the sickest setups in the history of the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns

As for Lefty, I applaud his passive aggressive stand against V-shaped grooves. He's also spot on when he says that the rule is a joke.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

And you actually think those grooves got anything to do with making better shots ??

Set the course up different ? All the "pros" have to do is put the shot where it needs to go.

Rory wants the greens firmer ? Then the pros bitch because they can not stick wedge shot. They already shave them down to about .10 and double roll them, stimp them bitches about 13 or so and see how the "pros" do. Fucking crybaby cunts.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hey, Screwball, “FAT fucking RETARD” is copyrighted, and is only to be used when referring to KFC Paul. You FAT fucking RETARD.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote:And you actually think those grooves got anything to do with making better shots ??
yeah they do...where you'll really notice it is coming out of the light rough....v grooves just won't spin the ball nearly as much as the u-grooves do and personally I think it's an unfair advantage....yeah, everyone else could go to ebay and try and dig up the u-grooved Ping wedges, but again I'd ask, why is it necessary for the SECOND RANKED GOLFER IN THE WORLD to employ a club that goes against the USGA rulings, but is only allowed because Ping won a lawsuit against them years ago....a technicality that will no doubt be rectified before the end of the year....then Phil will be whining about something else....fuck that douchenozzle
Set the course up different ? All the "pros" have to do is put the shot where it needs to go.
do you even play golf? put the shot where it needs to go? you do realize that being off by 2 degrees can affect the direction of the ball by as much as 10 yards...I played a course last year that required not only precision distance, but precision direction, but not anything as stringent as what is required on PGA courses.....I misjudged the distance by about a foot and a half and turned what should have been an easy par into a double bogey....and these cats play out of rough that I can't even imagine.....3 inch Bermuda? fuck, I'd be lucky if I could get a club through that shit, let alone stick it on the green.....
Rory wants the greens firmer ? Then the pros bitch because they can not stick wedge shot. They already shave them down to about .10 and double roll them, stimp them bitches about 13 or so and see how the "pros" do. Fucking crybaby cunts.
so you'd prefer watching PGA pros playing courses that make them look like weekend hackers?
Me, I like to see lots of great shot making and lots of birdies
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:Me, I like to see lots of great shot making and lots of birdies
Why do you hate the US Open?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:And you actually think those grooves got anything to do with making better shots ??

Golfers bitch because they can. Nothing new there. The point remains that course setup can and does have a huge impact on scoring. That is why the cut at the US Open averages between 5 and 10 OVER par and the cut line at the Bob Hope Desert Classic is closer to 5 UNDER par. Ergo, the folks at the USGA and R&A need to stop being a bunch of fucking Luddites and set their championship courses up in a manner that respects the scoring traditions of the game. EOFS.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Felix wrote:Me, I like to see lots of great shot making and lots of birdies
Why do you hate the US Open?
those courses are so brutally difficult that I can't imagine trying to negotiate them....but yeah, I do derive a certain glee in watching top ranked pros hacking it around like a once a month golfer....

but I have no desire to watch a steady dose of that shit.....the new rules are going to force the PGA guys to approach the game differently....I think it's going to require a lot more shot making instead of just bombs away