Annual woe is me thread

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Annual woe is me thread

Post by PSUFAN »

How 'bout those Lions in conference?
:cry:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Annual woe is me thread

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Penn State plays basketball? Who Knew?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

fuckers made the sweet 16 in 01 or 02 to cost me about 300$ in a tourney pick'em to a buddy who is a PSU fan who homered his own team into the sweet 16 (admittedly, just for kicks). nobody, i mean nobody is picking PSU into the sweet 16. maybe it was the 2nd round, losing easy money has a way of deranging the memory.

i don't understand why they've been so bad, so long. it's not like they don't have money at PSU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Went to a Pitt/St. John's tilt tonight at the Pete with my son. We had a heck of a time. I still feel like something of a traitor, but I keep it to myself.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I thought PSU would improve from last season and slide into the tourney as anywhere from a 10-12 seed. Yeah, I think I was just a tad off in that assessment. 0-8 in conference? Egads. The loss of Cornley has been evident, and Battle can only do so much.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote:fuckers made the sweet 16 in 01 or 02 to cost me about 300$ in a tourney pick'em to a buddy who is a PSU fan who homered his own team into the sweet 16 (admittedly, just for kicks). nobody, i mean nobody is picking PSU into the sweet 16. maybe it was the 2nd round, losing easy money has a way of deranging the memory..
I remember the game that got them there. That was the beginning of the end for Doherty at UNC.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I thought PSU would improve from last season and slide into the tourney as anywhere from a 10-12 seed.
Easy to say now but I really did see PSU going into the tank this year, though not to the extent that they have. Battle is a stud but he's all alone now that the likes of Cornely and Pringle are gone. I thought IU could get to 9th in conference this year with Iowa and PSU being the teams we'd rank ahead of. I even thought once Coble went down we had an outside shot at topping NW. Serves me right to underestimate the coaching genius that is Bill Carmody.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."