Pelosi, Congress and family waste taxpayer money

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Onions
Elwood

Pelosi, Congress and family waste taxpayer money

Post by Onions »

Hundreds of thousands of dollars.

That's how much it cost for a delegation of 59 people - led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi along with members of Congress, staff and in some cases spouses and kids - to go to Copenhagen, site of the Climate Summit, just before Christmas.

House Speaker Pelosi attends a press conference at the Copenhagen Climate Summit.
CBS News reports that for 21 Congressmen, food and rooms for two nights cost $4,400; and the Total hotel bill - including meeting rooms - was more than $400,000.

Pelosi used two military jets for herself and her party at a cost of more than $100,000 dollars in flight time.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. This has nothing to do with the Obama administration officials who went to Denmark to actually attend the summit.

Pelosi filed the required expense report - but so far has failed to explain why it was necessary for her and her friends to make the trip to Copenhagen in the first place. Her arrogance is absolutely breathtaking. As for the high hotel charges, Pelosi's office says those who stayed two nights were charged a six-night minimum at the five-star Marriott. Information that was probably available before Pelosi and the freeloaders made their vacation plans.

Note to the House Speaker: We have skyrocketing deficits and national debt in this country. The President is talking about reigning in discretionary spending. I wonder if that would have included this junket by Pelosi and her friends. I would be curious to know where Nancy Pelosi gets her sense of entitlement to simply blow hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money at Christmas time so she and her pals can take a little trip to Copenhagen.
"i sky scrape the heavens"
Onions
Elwood

Re: Pelosi, Congress and family waste taxpayer money

Post by Onions »

it will give us all something to think about when we see her tomorrow night
"i sky scrape the heavens"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I know that's exactly what I'll be thinking about tomorrow night.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

also the miserable cunt gets a gubmint private jet to haul her home when she feels like it. that bitch should have to fund every nickel of her travel outside of a single round trip coach ticket every three weeks or so, which is pretty much what poor saps in the private sector get when they work away from home. not like the rich bitch can't afford it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

^^^^^^
and until we elect a Congress that cleans house financially and gets things back on a fiscal track we are doomed to sink in a sea of debt. 2010 is the year to begin.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yup. not a dem or rep thing. every damn one of those cocksukker leeches does it.

there needs to be a serious clamp down on those fukkers' expense accounts.

During their term in congress, they should have the same policy concerning travel that they put on service members. In other words, they get shit. Do you think uncle sugar ever paid for me to fly home on leave? ha!

There is not a god damn thing they need to do to stay in touch with their constituency that they can't do over a phone/interweb.

And various junkets to all sorts of places on alleged gubmint bidness needs to end as well. I would extend this policy right up to the fukking whitehouse. Airforce one doesn't fly on air. well, actually, it does. but, it takes gazillions to do it.

some will argue this is just a drop in the bucket and they are right, but, so fukking what? let these fukks feel a little bit of the belt tightening.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mikey wrote:I know that's exactly what I'll be thinking about tomorrow night.
Good for you.

I'll probably be thinking "For G0d's sake, bitch, keep your legs closed!"
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Cuda wrote:
Mikey wrote:I know that's exactly what I'll be thinking about tomorrow night.
Good for you.

I'll probably be thinking "For G0d's sake, bitch, keep your legs closed!"
That's something I can't even imagine, much less think about.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

smackaholic wrote:yup. not a dem or rep thing. every damn one of those cocksukker leeches does it.

During their term in congress, they should have the same policy concerning travel that they put on service members. In other words, they get shit. Do you think uncle sugar ever paid for me to fly home on leave?
They did for me. Of course, I had to take whatever military transport was available.

Let them hop on the next C-27 that has an extra seat.

Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, that was unfortunate.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jesus Christ, mvscal, can you NOT quote Diaphanous’ posts? I have him on ignore, I don’t need to see that shit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diogenes wrote:
smackaholic wrote:yup. not a dem or rep thing. every damn one of those cocksukker leeches does it.

During their term in congress, they should have the same policy concerning travel that they put on service members. In other words, they get shit. Do you think uncle sugar ever paid for me to fly home on leave?
They did for me. Of course, I had to take whatever military transport was available.

Let them hop on the next C-27 that has an extra seat.

no, they didn't. Those flights were not made for you. They were made for some other purpose and you were lucky enough to get on space A. I guess it costs an extra few pounds of jp-4, but, that's about it.

i enjoyed mac flights other than the uncertainty. flying in a c-141 was pretty cool. having a leer jet all to myself didn't suck one bit. it flew some chairforce generals to homestead and was gonna go back to langley empty. that was pretty fukking cool.