Cotton Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

BlindRef
Fuck State

Cotton Bowl

Post by BlindRef »

I don't have much of a relationship with the Cotton Bowl. I've always considered it a major bowl, however it seems to have lost it's luster. My question is, how can they call it the Cotton Bowl Classic when it is not played at the Cotton Bowl any longer and it is no longer "classic' due to its move?

Also..OSU with 7 turnovers? Nice.
Those who stay will be champions.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Cotton Bowl

Post by King Crimson »

ugly friggin eyesore of a game. OSU with 5 turnovers on 5 last possessions (all in the 4th Q, clutch). Ole Miss wasn't much better.

Poke State scored 7 points in its last 8 quarters of football.

edit: looking at the box score. OSU went 3 and out on 8 of their first 9 possessions.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Believe me SEC fan cares. Cares so much we'll probably hear about it for 6 months even though there are no Ole Miss fans running round.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

campinfool wrote:Believe me SEC fan cares. Cares so much we'll probably hear about it for 6 months even though there are no Ole Miss fans running round.
After their showing this bowl season SECfan should just shut the fuck up because the are obviously not that great a conference this season.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

BlindRef wrote:My question is, how can they call it the Cotton Bowl Classic when it is not played at the Cotton Bowl any longer and it is no longer "classic' due to its move?
I agree, but they really tried hard to keep the "classic" part of it intact by at least bringing Pat Summerall back to the booth. Other than that, the whole tradition of the Cotton Bowl is as good as dead.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

L45B wrote: I agree, but they really tried hard to keep the "classic" part of it intact by at least bringing Pat Summerall back to the booth. Other than that, the whole tradition of the Cotton Bowl is as good as dead.
Before the conference tie-ins, the only tradition the Cotton Bowl ever had was the committee begging Notre Dame to come play there every year so it would be halfway relevant instead of not at all.

Good to see they finally moved the game out of that concrete shitbox, albeit 30 years too late.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Who in their right mind would want to spend ANY day in Dallas? Texas vs. Oklahoma is my only excuse, and I'll still leave as soon as possible.