Pork Tenderloin is the Bomb

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Pork Tenderloin is the Bomb

Post by smackaholic »

yes it is. just don't buy the already marinaded stuff like the OL continues to do...just to piss me off.

the stuff ain't horrible, but, it just has that factory marinated taste which i suspect comes from preservatives being the main ingredient.

marinades ain't rocket surgery. do them yourself.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Fixed up a pork loin roast (bone in) last night. Basically the same cut as a standing rib roast, if it was beef.

Coated it with a mixture of fresh rosemary, crushed fennel seeds, a little thyme, a lot of minced garlic, salt, pepper and EVOO. Seriously awesome roast. The gravy that comes out of this pan is incredible. The tenderloin is good, but this cut has a lot more flavor.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The roast I made, which was a rack of pork with probably 8 ribs, produced just enough drippings to produce a small amount of really dark gravy. I poured off the fat, deglazed with about 1 can (if I remember right) of chicken stock and cooked it way down. Added a small amount of cornstarch to thicken a little. It was very rich and you only needed a small drizzle on each chop and the mashed potatoes to add a great deal of flavor.

Did you add the crushed fennel seed? It goes great with pork.