Alright Prime

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Alright Prime

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Let's do this.

One week sigbet?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Alright Prime

btw, this is developing into a nice little OOC rivalry of sorts. Barnes and Izzo are like buds and stuff. I was reading some of the UT boards and your fanbase seems to think this is your typical lumbering, milk the shot clock, halfcourt Big Ten team. Truth is MSU wants to run, run, run with their bevy of guards. The halfcourt game is decent though as well. Biggest issue is size at the C position, though it's much more of a detriment on defense. Pittman and Jones are beasts. I don't remember how MSU contained Pittman last year. I think he sort of contains himself at times through his inability to breathe oxygen. I think MSU need hit him with a heavy dose of slashing guards and forwards and try to get him into foul trouble. James is the real issue, imo. He did everything on the floor last year's game. This Bradley kid scares me too.

Funny line I read: "This is the typical Rick Barnes coached team. They are great in December, Good in January, Okay in February, Present in March, and golfing in April."
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

This years team is WAAAY deep. As for Pittman, he's lost over 100 lbs. but Barnes still only plays him in spurts. He was a beast against NC, blocking shots, doing Shaq like dunks. IT WAS AWESOME.

Damion James is a double double machine who can score from inside and even added a 3 point shot. The most clutch player on the team and can just take over at any point. Our white dude from Turkey is playing some great point and defense, and the additions of our two freshman studs in Hamilton and Bradley along with L'Covan Brown are run and gun and can score at will anywhere on the court. The surprise to me this year is Alexis Wangmene who's played damn good while Pittman rests.

The only chance you have to win is to not let us get to the offensive glass as we're a hustle team on the boards and on the court. 29 offensive glass vs. the NC starting big men? For realz???

Going 12 deep doesn't hurt as we have more talent than I've EVER seen on any Texas team. I'd say a sig bet, but I'm working on an avatard for you. :hfal:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Texas has more weapons and is the better all around team on paper. No doubt about it. But MSU's got a shot since it doesn't say North Carolina on their jerseys. Izzo seems to have Barnes' number and will have his team prepared to play. It'll be a freaking slugfest. btw, I've pretty much checked out since I'm excited for this game and it's a short work week.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Oh, and PLEASE tell me you weren't reading HornsFans. I won't even step foot in that cesspool.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I think it might've been hook'em or something. The one where they actually talk basketball.

I can understand the general indifference toward this game though since UT is in the MNC game.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I'll have it fixed up a bit here soon. :D

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

A'ight, if you lose...in your sig since you're sporting and avatar from another lost bet I guess-

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Jaysus.

This av is set to expire in a few days anyway. I'm sure JON/Mace won't mind. Not that I plan on donning that thing...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Jaysus.

This av is set to expire in a few days anyway. I'm sure JON/Mace won't mind. Not that I plan on donning that thing...

Are you ever going to have your own av again? Just curious...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

good game. last minute of the half was a trainwreck though.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Yeah, I like the games against Texas El Paso Plano SE San Antonio BLVD. better. It's more fun to win by 40 and not swear so much.

Texas is playing just awful on D. Or maybe it's just M. State playing more physical. I can't figure it out between my yelling and getting beers from the fridge. These refs are calling wicked stupid fouls on both sides.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

PrimeX wrote:yelling and getting beers from the fridge.
IN

these turnovers are fucking killing me!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

That alley oop was a thing of beauty.

Now it's the enjoyable 10 minutes of foul shooting time.

But DAMN our D is good.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Fuck.

Nice game. See you in March.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Let's do this.

One week sigbet?
Two weeks would be more dope, but I'm fine with whatever. Time for your new clothes.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Great game... I think the home crowd carried Tejas down the stretch. Their D in the last 6-7 minutes was unreal. St. just seemed to wear down.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Officially sold on Texas over here.

good g0d that team is deep.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Great game... I think the home crowd carried Tejas down the stretch. Their D in the last 6-7 minutes was unreal. St. just seemed to wear down.
Yeah, MSU was noticeably gassed down the stretch. Balbay is a tenacious little shit. I've never seen Kalin Lucas get locked down like that. He's the last guy I'd ever expect not to show up in a big game.

Typical early season MSU though. They just can't win big games in December.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Life is good as a UT sports fan right now. Jesus.

Too bad James and Pittman are gone after this year because Texas goes into the Breslin next year and that would've been an even more epic match up. MSU returns everybody sans Raymar Morgan and is bringing in a top 5 freshman class including an actual center who can actually play the center position. I expect good things from them this year but next year they should be scary good.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

MSU will be scary good next year...that was a good game...yes Texas is scary deep...I'll be taking them on some parlays and straight up in March in Vegas...

MSU has a top class, OSU has a top class with Evan Turner possibly returning...Big 10 will be scary good next year
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Big 10 will be scary good next year
Outside of MSU, the Big 11 is scary the suck. It's been scary the suck for a while. And will continue to be scary the suck.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:Officially sold on Texas over here.
good g0d that team is deep.
me too. i thought they'd be good, and they do get KU in Austin, but i didn't think they'd be "there" until late January or so. and they look "there" right now.

scary thing about their guard situation is they lost Varez Ward (who played damned good down the stretch last year)...and they are still loaded on the perimeter.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"