College Football Playoffs Simulations

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: College Football Playoffs Simulations

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Actually, BYU won it the first time you simulated it. :P

First time I tried, tOSU won, and second time I tried, Georgia Tech won. I think we could see something like March Madness if this format ever came to be. Which would make it all the more exciting, imho.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Gay.

The handwringing and crying from you tards is far more entertaining than this simulated waste of time.

Here's an idea: cut the number of bowls in half, restore the old conference tie-ins, and let the smaller schools play in non-January 1st games. Far more entertaining and meaningful than the current state and of a possible real national championship.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I've often mentioned that the old bowl system yielded deserving champs more often than the BCS.
I'm no BCS defender, but I don't know about that. It seems all too often the #1 ranked team played the #11 ranked team in the Orange, or some shit like that. At least under the BCS Michigan and Nebraska would've played in 1997. Instead we were stuck with Mich-Wash St and Neb-Tenn due to conference tie-in which solved nothing. I'm not a fan of either school and I still wish that game would've been played.

I agree the old bowls were more meaningful though, simply because it was harder to qualify for one. Now you can literally go 4-0 against weathervane schools, beat two conference dregs, and qualify for a January bowl.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I just don't give a shit about a "true" national champion in football and care far about restoring the Big 10/PAC10 Rose Bowl game. Put the Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta all on January 1 and put the Cottom there, too. Actually makes the day more fun with multiple games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

JMak wrote:I just don't give a shit about a "true" national champion in football and care far about restoring the Big 10/PAC10 Rose Bowl game. Put the Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta all on January 1 and put the Cottom there, too. Actually makes the day more fun with multiple games.
How in the fukk would you air five games in one day without overlapping any of them? Nobody wants to flip back and forth between the Rose and the Orange bowl.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Well, my first simulation, Boise State won it all, playing West Virginia in the Championship game.

No wonder they don't want a playoff, if those are the kind of results we are going to get.

The Final Four was Boise, WVU, TCU and Miami.

Alabama, Texas, Oregon, GA Tech, Cincinatti all lost in the first round. Ohio State & Florida ousted in the 2nd round.

Not sure what they are using to simulate, but the chance of upset seems way too high. Bama, as the overall #1 seed can't seem to manage to get out of the first round no matter how many times I simulate.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I've always wondered why you didn't take the top 8 teams and 4 of these bowls say:

Rose
Outback
Fiesta
Cotton

And play the first round of the playoffs the second Saturday after Thanksgiving

Then Take 2 More Bowls and have the winners play the following Saturday Night

Orange
Sugar

Then Have winners play New Years day in the BCS Championship

The Bowls could all be rotated annually for the quarter finals / Semis / Championship
It would add two games to the schools schedules (and huge $$$) to schools -
yea, they'd miss their Xmas break but don't think the kids would mind much.

The other big complaint is the Bowls are only there as a vacation destination for the Holidays. but I have to believe they'd draw as much tourism in the weeks prior to New Years Day. If push came to shove move the schedule back another week and play the Semi's NYD with the BCS game the week after - as it's done now
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Simmed using the BCS rankings...Final Four: Alabama-Boise State and TCU-Texas...Bama over Boise in the title game.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

What a joke this is. No way in hell, Miami, Oregon, Oregon State, Iowa, V Tech, LSU, Georgia Tech etc should be in the running for a championship.

Give me the BCS over this simulated playoff any day.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

JMak wrote:I just don't give a shit about a "true" national champion in football and care far about restoring the Big 10/PAC10 Rose Bowl game. Put the Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta all on January 1 and put the Cottom there, too. Actually makes the day more fun with multiple games.
While we're at it, why don't we just go back to five bowl games? And ND by choice doesn't play in any of them? And teams aren't penalized for not playing in bowl games in the final polls?

Tongue in cheek, of course, but only slightly. In any event, it has about as much chance of happening (i.e., none) as your suggestion.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

That simulation is a little sketchy....

First time I did it I got a Final Four of Nebraska, Pitt, BYU and LSU :shock:

BYU played Pitt for the title with the Pittsburgh Panthers winning :o
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Just a point here.

Didn't BYU lose at home, badly, to a crappy Florida State team?

Fugure that in to that model.
What were we just talking about?