20%
8 to 13 points
27%
over 14 points
33%

Total votes: 15

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Alabama will beat Texas by how much?

Post by Van »

Bama should kill Texas, but Texas reminds me of '07 LSU, in that they just seem charmed. They shouldn't be there, and yet they are, because things just always go their way, no matter what they need.

Looking at what Nebraska's D did to Texas, I don't see how Bama's D won't do the same thing, with the difference being that Bama actually has an O, which Nebraska doesn't. If Nebraska's O could have done anything tonight, Texas loses. Bama's O will do something offensively.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

personally im pulling for the texas airplane to crash somewhere over water
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I'll go with negative 3 points. Texas 20, Bama 17.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Well, if the game was being played next weekend Alabama would probably beat Texas by about 10. But they don't play next week, they play in a month. A month for Texas players to hear how badly they're gonna get beat, a month to get 'roided up to play their asses off. I think it's gonna be a pretty damn good game.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:Well, if the game was being played next weekend Alabama would probably beat Texas by about 10. But they don't play next week, they play in a month. A month for Texas players to hear how badly they're gonna get beat, a month to get 'roided up to play their asses off. I think it's gonna be a pretty damn good game.
along with War Stoops, this is kinda how i feel. this media driven David/Goliath type things almost never play-out like the "experts" think.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

8-13
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Two of the most storied programs in college history punching each other in the face until somebody drops.
And Texas better thank the good lord that they are one of the most storied programs instead of actually being a great football team this year because they don't deserve to play for a national title anymore than 4 other teams that will not go to the championship game.

College Fixedball. It's not a real sport.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

mvscal wrote:
TheJON wrote:And Texas better thank the good lord that they are one of the most storied programs instead of actually being a great football team this year because they don't deserve to play for a national title anymore than 4 other teams that will not go to the championship game.
Oh yeah? Weeeell, it looks like Bevo just blew his 13-0 money shot straight in your gap-toothed pie hole.

Sorry guy, but the Bearscats and TCWho? aren't even in the discussion.
Not that I expect a reasonable response but would you care to explain to me what Texas has done this year that's so much more impressive than Boise State, TCU, or Cincinnati?

I eagerly await what I'm sure will be a well thought out response. :meds:
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

This is 2005 all over again. Bama is going to get all the press and Texas gets the chip on their shoulder. Ingram gets the Hesman and Skull gets a new avatar.

Muschamps was the defensive coordinator for Nick. He knows him and his tendencies. Texas held NU to less than 110 yards. We will see. I lik our chances because we are there and we are 2-0 in Rose Bowls.

Hook'em
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

JSC seriously disgusts me in this forum. How many teams do you fucking root for or claim to be affiliated with?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Harvdog wrote:Texas held NU to less than 110 yards. We will see. I lik our chances because we are there and we are 2-0 in Rose Bowls.

Hook'em
The Cornhuskers (9-4) had only 106 total yards, their lowest total in 25 years.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Harvdog wrote:This is 2005 all over again. Bama is going to get all the press and Texas gets the chip on their shoulder. Ingram gets the Hesman and Skull gets a new avatar.

Muschamps was the defensive coordinator for Nick. He knows him and his tendencies. Texas held NU to less than 110 yards. We will see. I lik our chances because we are there and we are 2-0 in Rose Bowls.

Hook'em
This is not 2005 all over again. In 2005 you had VY. 2009 you have a fraud in Colt McCoy at QB. And in 2005 there was no doubt that Texas deserved to play for the national title, even though most favored USC. I don't even know how you can make an objective case for Texas over any of the other 3 unbeatens (not including Bama) considering they have not been any more impressive nor do they have a better resume.

Texas did not hold NU to under 115 yards. NU held NU to under 115 yards. Let's call a spade a spade.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

TheJON wrote:Texas did not hold NU to under 115 yards. NU held NU to under 115 yards. Let's call a spade a spade.
Jesus Keerist, no wonder you're always in the running for board bitch. :lol:
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PrimeX wrote:
TheJON wrote:Texas did not hold NU to under 115 yards. NU held NU to under 115 yards. Let's call a spade a spade.
You think that was more good defense or more inept offense?

I'll give you a hint.............if you think it was MORE good defense you're a fucking moron.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

TheJON wrote:
PrimeX wrote:

I'll give you a hint.............if you think it was MORE good defense you're a fucking moron.
Hey John! Make a poll. Who's the CFB forum moron. You or myself. I'm serious. I'd love to see the results.

Do it pussy.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Hey John! Make a poll. Who's the CFB forum moron. You or myself. I'm serious. I'd love to see the results.

Do it pussy.
Good idea. Then we'll have a Homecoming King vote after it.

"Look at me, I'm cool on a message board. Fucking rack me!"- PrimeX
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

What does that even mean? Did you get into your mother Xanax cabinet tonight?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Couple of things

1. Terrance Cody is good, but he is no Suh. I told you guys that Suh is the closest thing I've seen to Leroy Selmon in my 35 years of watching football.
2. The one thing I like going into this game with Alabama is we have two coaches in Muschamp and Applewhite that were assistants under saban so I have a good feeling we are going to know how to plan this game.
3. I have strong feeling the next month is going to sound like the Rose bowl 4 years ago against USC and that is going to motivate Texas who should have no problem with motivation this year.
4. The real wildcard in this coming game is going to be McElroy, can he repeat his performance against Florida? If he does Texas won't win, I personally think him and Saban shot their wad getting to the championship game. Texas will not be caught off guard like Florida was.
5. I feel pretty good that the Greg Davis dink and dunk offense has been effectively exposed this year, if we are going to have any chance in this game he will need to make faster adjustments and have the offense better prepared.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Jon... What is Iowa playing for? Right. Colt has more win in his college career than the 22 First round draft choices from Iowa. I would say "see you in Pasadena", but the Hawkeyes won't be there.

Fuck off Board Bitch! We are 13-0 and playing for the National Championship! Doesn't matter what the score was, we won. Just like USC in 2005, the media will make this a Bama beatdown, but we have heart. And we are 13-0. Enjoy your bitch bowl.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PrimeX wrote:What does that even mean? Did you get into your mother Xanax cabinet tonight?
You wanted me to create a gay popularity contest vote on a message board dude. Did you expect a serious response or something?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PrimeX wrote:JSC seriously disgusts me in this forum.
The SEC ballsucking homer gaymarriageabortion cunt has seriously disgusted me in more than just this forum.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, after seeing what A&M did to the Texas D just one week ago, yes, I'm inclined to think that the majority of what we saw tonight was more a result of Nebraska's usual offensive ineptitude, rather than some miraculous turnaround by the Texas D.

The Texas D of course had a lot to do with it, but a lot of teams would shut down Nebraska's offense.

If I'm Texas Fan, I'd be more concerned by what Bama's O did to the Florida D, which by any reasonable estimation is every bit as good as the Texas D. It's certainly at least in the same basic ballpark, and Bama tore it apart.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Harvdog wrote:Jon... What is Iowa playing for? Right. Colt has more win in his college career than the 22 First round draft choices from Iowa. I would say "see you in Pasadena", but the Hawkeyes won't be there.

Fuck off Board Bitch! We are 13-0 and playing for the National Championship! Doesn't matter what the score was, we won. Just like USC in 2005, the media will make this a Bama beatdown, but we have heart. And we are 13-0. Enjoy your bitch bowl.
Bitch bowl? Yeah, I know, it's so pathetic to make it to the BCS.............
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

' Bama looked good today. Even Jesus and Tebow couldn't pull that one out.

That said......Texas has a defense Alabama hasn't seen yet. If the game were to be played tomorrow...."Bama 24
Texas 14

Sometime in 2010 after Texas gets to hear ESPN's misdirected Florida love all month long: Texas 28
Alabama 24

I dunno....the only way I could possibly get over this heartbreak tonight would be to see Nebraska win their bowl game and the Big 12 win the National Title.

Hook "Em!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote: You wanted me to create a gay popularity contest vote on a message board dude.
Aren't you due for yet another one?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Well, after seeing what A&M did to the Texas D just one week ago, yes, I'm inclined to think that the majority of what we saw tonight was more a result of Nebraska's usual offensive ineptitude, rather than some miraculous turnaround by the Texas D.

The Texas D of course had a lot to do with it, but a lot of teams would shut down Nebraska's offense.

If I'm Texas Fan, I'd be more concerned by what Bama's O did to the Florida D, which by any reasonable estimation is every bit as good as the Texas D. It's certainly at least in the same basic ballpark, and Bama tore it apart.
True enough... but

Van, the thing you don't get is basic stock market advice:

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

The best part of Iowa making the Fiesta Bowl....if they make....will be watching Iowa lose to Boise St. OU fan will rejoice. Face it, youhad your chance and lost to a pathetic Ohio State team.

Bitch
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

TheJON wrote:
Harvdog wrote:Jon... What is Iowa playing for? Right. Colt has more win in his college career than the 22 First round draft choices from Iowa. I would say "see you in Pasadena", but the Hawkeyes won't be there.

Bitch bowl? Yeah, I know, it's so pathetic to make it to the BCS.............
Props on finally making it to one. We've won the Rose Bowl, BCS Title game, and the Fiesta in the past few years. What's Iowa's resume?

Dumb bitch.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

TheJON wrote:
PrimeX wrote:

The Nebraska defense has proven to be one of the best in the country all year, I know we kicked our own ass a bit but don't take anything away from the new blackshirts, they are damn good. 4 guys from that defense were all-conference and that is saying something since the defenses across the board in the Big 12 have been pretty stout.

I told everyone here that Suh was the most dominate DT I have seen since Leroy Selmon played for Oklahoma, and damn if I didn't under-estimate him. Suh was triple-teamed and kicked our ass. And know this, Texas has some real talent on the oline. Michael Huey is a junior but he is rated as a rather high pro prospect, and he got absolutely abused like a rag doll.

And yes Nebraska has a sucky offense but Texas is still one of the top defenses in the country and I've seen nothing to persuade me otherwise. I was extremely happy to see Alabama beat Florida because Muschamp has a real issue with mobile QBs like Tebow and Johnson from A$M, those guys tend to give the Texas defense fits. Texas tends to defend very well against pocket passers.

Besides Jon you wouldn't know what a good defense was if it bit your ass.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

The best part of Iowa making the Fiesta Bowl....if they make....will be watching Iowa lose to Boise St. OU fan will rejoice. Face it, youhad your chance and lost to a pathetic Ohio State team.

Bitch
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote:Well, after seeing what A&M did to the Texas D just one week ago, yes, I'm inclined to think that the majority of what we saw tonight was more a result of Nebraska's usual offensive ineptitude, rather than some miraculous turnaround by the Texas D.

True enough... but

Van, the thing you don't get is basic stock market advice:

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
So, what else do you go by then, if not past performance? Favorite unis?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: So, what else do you go by then, if not past performance?
Pure myopic homerism, my friend, and a touch of Bon Jovi.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

You can't just watch a rivalry game and draw assumptions, if you could then Allbarn would be the 2nd best team in the SEC and not Florida. Fact is Texas had 3 days to prepare for a a$m team that was looking at the game as a superbowl.

The one thing I took away from the Bama/Florida game was the fact that the Bama offensive scheme completely caught Florida coaches and players by surprise. I could tell when Saban came out with his offense lined up in a spread formation that Florida wasn't ready for it. This had more to do with the score of the game than any kind of talent difference. Granted Bama was the better team and I knew it for the last 2 months, but more than that Bama completely out-coached Meyer. My personal opinion is Bama has now shot that wad and won't be able to surprise the Texas coaches like they did Florida's.

BTW, I took the same thing away from the Texas/Nebraska game, the Nebraska defensive scheme kept the Texas offense completely off balance the whole damn game. I must give props to Nebraska coaches because I haven't seen that happen to a Texas team since 2003.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Jon... What is Iowa playing for? Right. Colt has more win in his college career than the 22 First round draft choices from Iowa. I would say "see you in Pasadena", but the Hawkeyes won't be there.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

This is 2005 all over again. Bama is going to get all the press and Texas gets the chip on their shoulder. Ingram gets the Hesman and Skull gets a new avatar.

Hook'em
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Hook'em
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Vito, not since 2003? Huh? Didn't you see this year's OU-Texas game? OU's D completely demolished the Texas O, nearly as badly as Nebraska's did tonight. Texas only won that game because the OU O was comically bad.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote: Texas only won that game because the OU O was comically bad.
And Texas' defense had nothing to do with that? They were just bystanders to Oklahoma's ineptitude?

^^^ Fucking right. As bad as Nebraska's O can be....Texas D had something to do with tonight's performance.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

And Texas' defense had nothing to do with that? They were just bystanders to Oklahoma's ineptitude?
Yes. Anyone that knows ANYTHING about football knows that if OU didn't fuck things up 100% on their own, they would have been up at least 3 scores at half. Texas fans are such homers. OU lost that game, Texas did not win it. Period.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

TheJON wrote:
Yes. Anyone that knows ANYTHING about football knows that if OU didn't fuck things up 100% on their own, they would have been up at least 3 scores at half. Texas fans are such homers. OU lost that game, Texas did not win it. Period.

Nebraska didn't beat OU either....did they? Expound upon that...if you agree....oh mental giant.