'Bama - 23
Tebow's - 20
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Florida vs Alabama - Score Predictions

Post by Van »

Florida 27, Bama 17.

Bama did catch a break though, with Dunlap dumbassing himself out of the game.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

6-3

greatest game ever.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

23-14 UF
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

UF-24
Bama-10
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

while UF hasn't really been "all that" so far, i still think they have the best "A game" out of UF, Bama, and Texas. if the Gators bring it.

i like UT's ability to get a score when they need it (special teams agaisnt ATM) and their front 7. i think that's a good matchup for the horns against an SEC team instead of an aerial circus type team. i also think Texas has improved over the season. i don't read much into winning the Big XII this year. i'd love to pick Nebraska to beat UT, but they can't score and McCoy is not going to give the bugeaters the mistakes Colorado, KSU, and Oklahoma did down the stretch. the defensive TD won't mean much.

Texas: 28-10.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:Everybody can hate the dude as much as they want, but that fucker's only mission is to win.
So let's say UF loses this game. What is Tebow's legacy then? 1 Heisman and 1 National Championship (sorry, the first one was won with Chris Leak as the starter at QB) and the SEC leader in TD's. Does that make him the best college QB ever?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Papa Willie wrote: Tebow won't let them lose. Everybody can hate the dude as much as they want, but that fucker's only mission is to win.
I've thought of 'Bama as a better team than UF all year long, but a healthy Tebow under center has answered the bell time and time again when it's mattered most. And that's what it's all about.

UF - 24
UA - 16
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Papa Willie wrote:Everybody can hate the dude as much as they want, but that fucker's only mission is to win.
Pretty sure that's the only mission of most of his teammates, most QBs, and most CF players in general. It's not just Tebow's.
Stick Tebow on Mississippi St and even despite his avowed 'mission statement' he'd find himself losing an awful lot, and we'd all think he's just another "athlete" who's a nice college QB, and nothing more.

People give Tebow WAYWAYWAY too much credit for Florida's success. Florida wins with defense. If Tebow didn't even play this year Florida would've still gone 12-0. Tebow didn't do jack against LSU, and they still won, and that was their only losable game all year.
Mucho wrote:So let's say UF loses this game. What is Tebow's legacy then? 1 Heisman and 1 National Championship (sorry, the first one was won with Chris Leak as the starter at QB) and the SEC leader in TD's. Does that make him the best college QB ever?
Of course not. One Heisman and one national title, with a loss in what was to be his coronation game, during his coronation season?

Of course not.

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Van wrote:People give Tebow WAYWAYWAY too much credit for Florida's success. Florida wins with defense. If Tebow didn't even play this year Florida would've still gone 12-0. Tebow didn't do jack against LSU, and they still won, and that was their only losable game all year.
Florida without Tebow is LSU. They're a great defense with no way to put points on the board. They're LSU, they're Mississippi State, or god forbid, they are South Carolina, whose stank-ass QB gives back as many opportunities as his defense gives him, the Clemson game notwithstanding.

Guy put the entire team on his back in the 4th quarter against Alabama in the SEC CCG last year, with everything on the line, in a game that UF's defense was flat giving away in the second half. Then for good measure, he converted third down after third down against OU in Miami.

edit: agreed about the LSU game tyhis year, but that's hardly a good barometer. He was coming off a concussion and Meyer ran about as vanilla an offense as one could run to keep him under wraps. Against LSU's qb, one need not take chances.

He'll be the difference maker Saturday.

Fuck me, i feel dirty even having to defend this guy.
Last edited by Degenerate on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm more concerned about the refs. They aren't going to know who to make the calls for. It's kind of like choosing which of your kids must die. :mrgreen:

Duh - 31
Bama - 24
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Degenerate, yeah, Tebow came up big in the foruth quarter last year against a wildly overrated Bama team. Yes, he did.

This year? With Florida's team, and Florida's schedule? They go 12-0, with or without him.

He's good, no doubt. He has a will to win, no doubt. He's unselfish, insofar as he only wants to win. He barks at his teammates, absolutely. He can be fiery, as needed.

I guarantee you, there are guys who share those exact same traits, in equal measure, on practically every team in America. There are guys who share those same traits, in equal measure...on Florida.

The difference is they don't all get to play QB for Florida, and they're not all good looking, white, outspoken Christians - traits which make Tebow an anomaly in today's thug riddled game - so they don't all get to become media legends.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What if Tebow looked, spoke and behaved like Brandon Spikes? Same exact football player, but he looked and behaved like a typical thug.

He wouldn't be TimTebow(tm), and everyone would simply be saying he's an "athlete," a "system QB" benefitting from Meyer's system and all that talent around him.

Instead, because he's white, clean cut, good looking, not covered in graffiti, reasonably well spoken, respectful and highly visible in the Christian charity work he does, he now is made out to have this inordinate "leadership ability" and "will to win."

Give me a break. Every team has a guy - or six - who screams inspirational gibberish at his teammates. Every team has guys who work hard, play hard on every down and want nothing more than to win. Again, stick Tebow on Baylor, and nobody would think he's the least bit remarkable, other than for his outspoken Christian stance, and the fact that he's not a complete douchebag, like most of today's self-centered CF stars seem to be.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I will be watching Carson-Newman vs Grand Valley on ESPN. But I will probably check into the SEC Title game during commercial breaks...

Bama 17
gates 14
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Papa Willie wrote:Without the Refs - no way they would have beaten Arkansas.... Just my O, though.
FTFY
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Say what you want about the guy, I like Tebow. Everyone bitches about athletes today and the poor image they portray and yet all you guys hate Tebow. It's not his fault that the media loves him. Dude just goes out, does his job, and wins. Not only that, but he has all the other positives going for him as well. There is a reason that the media loves him and if he played on your team, you'd love him too. I wish there were more Tebows out there and I think he is clearly one of the best college football players of all time. Sure, there are lots of players out there deserving of attention and publicity but that isn't his fault. I think the dude has been a hell of an ambassador for UF and has pretty much single-handedly preserved the program's image with all the off-the-field issues they've had since Meyer has been there.

Florida 24
Alabama 13

Sorry, Sam. See you in the Sugar Bowl :)
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I don't want it to happen. But it's going to happen.

Florida 30
'Bama 14

Will have to watch this game with the volume on mute. I cannot endure the inevitable, neverending CBS circle-jerk of the SEC & Tebow. It will no doubt be on in full force.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Florida 28, Alabama 21...Tebow accounts for all 4 TDs
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

CintiBearcat92 wrote:Say what you want about the guy, I like Tebow. Everyone bitches about athletes today and the poor image they portray and yet all you guys hate Tebow. It's not his fault that the media loves him. Dude just goes out, does his job, and wins. Not only that, but he has all the other positives going for him as well. There is a reason that the media loves him and if he played on your team, you'd love him too. I wish there were more Tebows out there and I think he is clearly one of the best college football players of all time. Sure, there are lots of players out there deserving of attention and publicity but that isn't his fault. I think the dude has been a hell of an ambassador for UF and has pretty much single-handedly preserved the program's image with all the off-the-field issues they've had since Meyer has been there.

As you said, the guy looks more and more like an alter boy when you look at the dumb things some of his teammates do on and off the field...most recently, Dunbar and his drunk driving arrest. When you see a guy like Tiger get knocked down a notch after being caught cheating on his wife...it makes Tebow look even better in the public's eyes. It's almost too hard to believe who comes off as a good guy these days because eventually something comes out. So far, Tebow is clean and the only thing I find annoying about him is his cheesy fiery leader antics on the field. I'm a guy that's grown up to respect a quiet leader that just leads by example (namely Steve Yzerman) and doesn't jump around like a maniac on the field. For a nice guy like that, he probably needs to ramp up his intensity because he's probably not someone that walks around campus on a regular day with a red ass. I just think his vocal leadership is played but I'm continually impressed with him simply by how hard it is to stop him in that offense.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Shoalzie wrote:Florida 28, Alabama 21...Tebow accounts for all 4 TDs
Yeah, by doing two more shovel passes in the backfield, which his backs then take for seventy yards and the score, accounting for breathless reports of, "TimTebow(tm) ran for two scores, and added another two through the air!"

:lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

All that being said, yeah, I do agree with Cincy that it's nice to see someone leading the sport who doesn't seem to be a totally egotistical, braindead douche.

I'm not going to say that his character is as flawless as people assume it is, because I don't know, and neither does anyone else. At this time last year we all thought Tiger was the Perfect Human Being, and O.J. was America's Favorite Black Guy, for a long time.

We have no idea what these people are like in their private lives, so let's can it with all the praise for Tebow's integrity and character. When he or any of us have walked a few miles in Tiger's billion-dollars-at-thirty/most famous person in the world shoes, and they can still honestly say they never strayed, then they can talk.

All these judgmental morons who are delighting in calling Tiger such a bad person now, they're a bunch of pathetic clowns. I'd bet Mace's last bottle of beer that nearly every single person criticizing Tiger now would cheat like motherfuckers on their wives, given enough opportunity and enough reason to think they could get away with it.

People here routinely fuck fat, ugly women, and cheat on them with other fat, ugly women. They sure as hell could eventually be persuaded to fuck Siren's Song pussy.
Last edited by Van on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray, supposedly that ain't his GF. Also, no, Barkley ain't Tebow, Jr. Tebow wasn't shit one year out of high school, and Barkley will end up being a much better QB than Tebow ever could hope to be. Barkley will end up going high in the 1st round of the NFL draft, if not number one overall, while Tebow will be relegated to having some team take a flyer on him. Once the novelty of seeing him in the NFL in his rookie year wears off, he'll soon fade quietly into NFL obscurity.

When Tebow is brought down by the media for some personal life transgression which is none of their business, yep, they're going to simply murder the guy. It's like everything else involved in this circus idolatry: too much credit, too much blame; too much adulation, too much condemnation.

Probably Tebow's saving grace will simply be that by this time three years from now, he'll be yesterday's news. Nobody's going to much care about a tearful admission by some second string Wildcat novelty player that he failed God, his family, his children and himself.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'm judging you for thinking you know what's going on in Tiger's life enough to stand in judgment of him, with stupid statements like he's a piece of shit husband who shows little respect for his wife or his children. For all you know he's the perfect dad to his kids, and he respects the hell out of his wife. For all you know Elin doesn't give a rat's ass what Tiger does with other women. For all you know, Elin fucks other men and women, with Tiger's knowledge and permission.

You don't know shit about his private life, especially his level of respect for his children, so quit standing in judgment of it. You sound like a shrieking harpy.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray, Sanchez is ten games or whatever into his rookie season as the starting QB for the NY Jets, after being the number five pick in the draft.

Let's see where Tebow is, ten games into his NFL career. You know and I know that he will not have started every game, his rookie season. Sanchez is going to be just fine. Neither Elway, Aikman nor the Manning brothers were doing any better, ten games into their rookie seasons. Tebow is going to be an afterthought.

Mace, I almost wish you could luck your way into the opportunity to cheat on your wife, with a parade of young, beautiful women. Back when you would've been able to do anything about it, it would've been hilarious to watch you talk out of one side of your self-righteous mouth while dribbling errant pussy spend from the other, you feeble old woman.