iowa-northwestern

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

iowa-northwestern

Post by TheJON »

Mace, you feeling a little uneasy about this one like I am? The intangibles are heavily in their favor. They've got nothing to lose. They can come into Kinnick loose. They definitely have the confidence to beat Iowa because they've had a lot of success against us recently. They've won the last 2 trips to Kinnick. Plus, their system really gives Iowa fits. And eventually all the injuries on offense will come back to haunt this team. It should be close, and I hope we pull it out in the end! Come on 10-0!! Absolutely gorgeous day outside! Is this really November?
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: iowa-northwestern

Post by .m2 »

Does it really matter ?

The Big 10 winner will always be nothing more.....

To the PAC 10.

I really wish the PAC 10 had better opponents to play in the bowl games.

It gets rather boring going undefeated in the bowl games against the weaker conferences.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

TheJON wrote:Mace, you feeling a little uneasy about this one like I am? The intangibles are heavily in their favor. They've got nothing to lose. They can come into Kinnick loose. They definitely have the confidence to beat Iowa because they've had a lot of success against us recently. They've won the last 2 trips to Kinnick. Plus, their system really gives Iowa fits. And eventually all the injuries on offense will come back to haunt this team. It should be close, and I hope we pull it out in the end! Come on 10-0!! Absolutely gorgeous day outside! Is this really November?
Dude, if you are worried about Northwestern, then you guys are going to get killed in ANY Bowl Game. Northwestern? Really? They are coming to your home turf and you are worried? That is fuel to the Iowa is overrated fire.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah baby!! Mace, I think I took a piss with Jake Christensen just before kickoff. Pretty sure it was him. Rack Jake for still supporting this team! Class act
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Thanks for that Sgt. Foley. How can I compete with that? That was as weak as your shitty team that is scared of big bad northwestern
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Harvdog wrote:Thanks for that Sgt. Foley. How can I compete with that? That was as weak as your shitty team that is scared of big bad northwestern
Are you watching the game, retard?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

You know it's uncool to peak, Mace.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

TheJON wrote:You know it's uncool to peak, Mace.
JON is a fucking Meat Gazer because we all know that he is not cool.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh man, this is not good.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You'll have less INTs, though.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Fuck shit fuck! This is unreal. How can a team have so many key injuries?? Yeah d-bags we're so fucking lucky. 2nd and 3rd stringers all year on offense. Fuck, this might be the dagger. God dammit.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Stanzi's hurt? Shit, Iowa could be unstoppable at this point.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Vandenberg doesn't know what he's doing. Oh boy.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:Uh oh. Stanzi is down. We could be totally fucked if he's down for the rest of the game or season.
:lol:

Nah, having your starting QB go down, it doesn't matter. No reason for Iowa to "be totally fucked." Injuries happen to everybody. Play through them.

Coulda swore that's been the constant refrain 'round these parts...at least where it concerns USC.

:meds:

Of course Iowa is totally fucked if their QB goes down. He's their starting QB. He's the guy making the plays at the end of all these close games. He takes all the first team snaps. He's the guy with whom the receivers have chemistry. They know where and when to expect the ball from him. He knows what they're going to do.

Instead, now there's a freshman QB who hasn't played. Yeah, I'd say that for most teams it's a pretty big deal to see their QB go down.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Van wrote:Nah, having your starting QB go down, it doesn't matter. No reason for Iowa to "be totally fucked." Injuries happen to everybody. Play through them.

Coulda swore that's been the constant refrain 'round these parts...at least where it concerns USC.

:meds:
I didn't realize that Iowa was a 41 point favorite over Northwestern. Or did that Northwestern didn't win a game last year and Iowa is playing their first string RB. Total apples to apples comparison there. :meds: Maybe Ferentz should play a gimpy Stanzi so their whole fanbase can blame the loss on a injury.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian, let Stanzi play the second half. Let him throw four picks, because he's unable to throw. Let Iowa lose three of their O-lineman, right now. Not last week. Right now, in the middle of the game. Then, let them lose all their CBs, right in the middle of the game.

Then you'd have an apples/apples comparison, especially since Northwestern is playing with their back up QB too.

I just like how Mace keeps saying he'd never use injuries as an excuse, but the moment the QB gets hurt he says Iowa is totally fucked. Sure sounds like he thinks an injury means Iowa is fucked. If that's not an excuse, what is it?

He's right, too. Injuries are a factor, they're an explanation, and they can be an excuse. The right injuries, and enough of them, and yes, they're an explanation and an excuse. Stanzi isn't very good, but he's all they have. Sticking an untested freshman in place of an experienced QB, this late in the season? Yeah, they're probably not running the table now, not if Stanzi can't come back. Iowa isn't going into The Shoe and winning with a freshman QB making his first start.

Stanzi had better come back. I've been switching between games, so I've missed the follow up on Stanzi. Have they said how serious it is?
Last edited by Van on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I have never in my life seen a team get hit this hard with injuries. You just can't overcome this many losses. I know this team has a lot of heart and character and has battled through injuries but we're at a point where there's no experience behind the current starters and even no experience at a couple of the starting spots. 3rd string RB is a true freshman and he's starting. His backup is out. Starting QB out so now got a FR in there with no game experience. Midseason all-american RG out for season. Safety out for 2nd week in a row. 3 weeks ago had 6 WR's and now down to 4. And these are only the new injuries. I hope I'm wrong but I don't know how this team could possibly win another game. Even Minnesota now becomes a tough game. If they come back to win today, this will be the most resilient team in the history of CFB. I just don't know who is going to make a play. Wegher had that huge run called back for a holding call that everyone watching on TV claims was horseshit. My phone was lighting up after that call.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That Persa QB for Northwestern has some wheels!

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, they're saying it's an ankle sprain for Stanzi, and his return is doubtful. With an ankle sprain, unless it's something really severe, he should be able to go against OSU. Good thing he's not a running back posing as a QB.

This Vandenberg kid is looking good on this drive. I missed the pick he threw, but he looks good here.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, goddammit, quit backpedaling. The meaning of "Iowa is totally fucked without Stanzi" is clear as day. You think an injury to an Iowa player means Iowa is totally fucked, and "totally fucked" doesn't mean they keep winning.

Christ, man, just stand by your own comment. You know what you meant, and it was one of the first truly honest things you've said, as opposed to all your "coach speak" bland nothings.

When it happened, you felt like Iowa was fucked. "Fucked" means "lose." Maybe not this week, at home to punchless Northwestern, but soon. You felt that Iowa would lose, because of an injury. End of story.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Could be, would be. Same thing. Either way, you're blaming the loss you fear to an injury. God, you're a fucking pussy. You don't even have the courage to stand by your own honest statement. It's like one bit of honesty escapes your mouth, and you instantly panic, and begin backpedaling.

"We could be totally fucked!" Why? Because your unis got grass stains? Because Northwestern is such a powerhouse? Because Terrell Pryor is big and fast?

No, it's because you fear they'll lose, without Stanzi. You fear they'll lose, due to an injury. It's the first honest thing you've said this whole season. You're dead nuts correct, too, but you don't have the balls to stand by it.
I'm not going to use it as an excuse
You already have. All you'll be doing from here on out is backpedaling, trying to distance yourself from your honest admission.
Last edited by Van on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

AN injury? More like a dozen injuries. Not over yet, but we might need a pick 6 to win this thing. I don't know how the offense can muster up a TD scoring drive. Vandenberg has talent but he's lost out there. Not his fault.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

At least Jon has the balls to call a spade a spade. Injuries do matter, especially to a QB.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Northwestern plays perfect games against us every fucking year. They never make a mistake against us. It is their super bowl.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Bwahaa! Rack Mace!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

# 4 Iowa ???? losing to NORTHWESTERN

at home ???

Too funny.

The only teams Iowa could beat in the PAC would be Arizona (only at home) and maybe Wazzu.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Is the SI Cover Jinx going to strike again?

:lol:

Killian

Post by Killian »

And Cal. Iowa has a good defense so EctoBlue wouldn't do shit.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:It is their super bowl.
Playing Northern Iowa community college again ?

or is it .... Iowa State ?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:
Van wrote:At least Jon has the balls to call a spade a spade. Injuries do matter, especially to a QB.
They'll win, or they won't. I'm more comfrotable going back to bland "coach speak." :twisted:

I know full well that had Iowa not lost their RBs, their O-linemen and, especially, their QB, they don't lose at home to Northwestern in a must-win situation. That's why I said, "Iowa could be fucked," when Stanzi got hurt. I knew exactly what losing Stanzi would mean to Iowa's chances of running the table. I hated admitting it though, so now I'm going back to "coach speak" in an attempt to distance myself from an honest comment I spoke from the heart.
Last edited by Van on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bad fuckup there, by Northwestern. They make the first down, but they have to give it up, since they called for a time out just before they ran the play. Then they come back from the time out, and they punt. So, they waste the first down and the time out.

:bill walton: That's just horrible.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

uh oh, Iowa punting with 5 minutes left.....not good for Hawkeye fan.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So, Mace, I take it you're unfamiliar then with the whole concept of an "in game" thread?

Big first down by Northwestern there. If they convert this third down and long, Iowa is in deep trouble.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Ummmm.... does Iowa know this is Northwestern ?

# 4 in the country ???

Too funny.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pussy call, by Northwestern. Play to win, coach, not to lose, especially on the road. You have nothing to lose, so go for the jugular. Now you've set yourself up for Iowa to tie the game. They only need one drive, and two minutes is enough time, even with no timeouts.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oooooh, Northwestern drops the game clinching pick!

That was close.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That should've been defensive holding against Northwestern...

4th and ten...

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Thank God for that. Maybe JON will shut the fuck up now.

Cue the Season Over Troll.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Iowa is fucking Pathetic. Please send JON a hanger and some pills.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Looks like Northwestern is going to "scabdick" a win in the cornfield.