Heading to Vegas this weekend.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Heading to Vegas this weekend.

Post by JayDuck »

What are some lines this week you like? and why?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Heading to Vegas this weekend.

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Unless an ice storm hits, I love Oklahoma -7.5 at Kansas.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hell, with a loss at Kansas the Sooners could go to an even .500 16-16 record outside the state of Oklahoma since 2005. Or have they reached that point already with the loss to Texas?

Whatever. Either way, it's kind of a neat stat.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:I like TCU, because they are motivated to remain undefeated, because they have a good defense, and because the line is only 1.5.
I like TCU in that one as well. Which is why I took BYU in the pick'em, as my track record in picking Game 1 is atrocious.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:Unless an ice storm hits, I love Oklahoma -7.5 at Kansas.
i'd be tempted to go the other way. OU can't score with Jones, KU getting 7.5 at home.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:Hell, with a loss at Kansas the Sooners could go to an even .500 16-16 record outside the state of Oklahoma since 2005. Or have they reached that point already with the loss to Texas?

Whatever. Either way, it's kind of a neat stat.
you've mentioned this a few times and at first glance it seems telling. it certainly surprised me. however, i'm not sure how meaningful it is. i'll look it up in the next day or two vs. some other top 10, top 15 type teams over the same time period....but let's say there are 15 losses and you have to go back to 05 and OU's L's at Tech, UT and UCLA for it to work. that team was 8-4 and hardly world-beaters.

3 for a team that's simply not that good with inexperience at QB. 3 of the L's are BCS losses. 3 of the losses are to Texas in Dallas. that's over half the losses there (8, note i'm not counting the 05 loss to the eventual national champs twice)....3 to top 10 UT teams and 3 in BCS bowls. a lot of teams don't have that many games against quality opponents in 3-4 years and certainly didn't play in BCS bowls.

if you (anyone, you plural) want to say "OU can't beat UT" or "OU has sucked in BCS bowls"....that's one thing but i'm not sure how much the "state of Oklahoma" thing really means. if it turns out i'm wrong, i'll fess up.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

even though i've sworn off the ACC, BC getting 8.5 (and if you could get 9)...at ND. I actually kind of like ND's team but they are far from blowing people out and this game means more to BC than ND most years.
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Pick Tennessee over a -15.5 Bama
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote:
i'd be tempted to go the other way. OU can't score with Jones, KU getting 7.5 at home.
Mangino yanked two redshirts and tried out a couple of former offensive players on defense against CU. He's throwing all the shit against the wall and nothing is sticking.

If KU had a d-line to exploit OU, I'd reconsider, but I don't see the Hawks putting up much resistance. The front seven is little league.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Mangino yanked two redshirts and tried out a couple of former offensive players on defense against CU. He's throwing all the shit against the wall and nothing is sticking.

If KU had a d-line to exploit OU, I'd reconsider, but I don't see the Hawks putting up much resistance. The front seven is little league.
my reasoning is this:

1. OU has traditionally been bad the week after Texas.

2. a track meet with Reesing and Briscoe favors KU. something about Jones and the play-calling and/or illegal motion means 3rd and long every gawdamned possession for OU.

3. you get 7.5, more than a TD as a homedog.
"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Arkansas +6 against Ole Miss.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

KC I hope you're right because Reesing's going to be running for his life back there.

I like Tennessee getting two TD's against the Tide.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:KC I hope you're right because Reesing's going to be running for his life back there.
near as i can tell, that's when he's most dangerous. kid is a baller.

he's making CU look stupid after the pump fake, roll out to avoid pressure most of last Saturday. Briscoe catches the ball in the EZ, KU is still undefeated.
"