Homemade pizza secrets

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Homemade pizza secrets

Post by smackaholic »

I usually make my dough in my breadmaker. It's kinda hit or miss as I'm not the most careful measurer. If you want good trouble free dough, buy it from big y. I've always had good luck with it. Are there big ys down your end of the state? They are more a massatwoshits chain, so you may not.

Their fresh made pizza from their bakery is pretty damn good also. outstanding crust. better than most pizza joints.

you might also invest in a pizza pan. i have two a large sheet metal one that is good for deep pies and a flat aluminum one with a bunch of holes. i really like this one as it toasts the crust nicely.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I suck at breads/baking, so I just get dough at the store.

The thing that makes mine kick complete ass is to saute 2 cloves of garlic, 10 leaves of finely chopped basil in 1/4C EVOO. Saute until basil is wilted, then turn off heat until cooled. Brush onto pizza crust w/ BBQ brush, then top and bake as normal.

Everything else is pretty standard, except that I always use Bertoli spaghetti sauce of some sort.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Made one last night -- with dough from the bread machine. It earns its place on the counter for this reason alone.

No freaking comparison to store-bought dough.

A little (or a lot) of finely minced garlic right in the dough adds a nice touch.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one