Paul Bunyan, Bitches

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M Club
el capitán

Paul Bunyan, Bitches

Post by M Club »

Perhaps this game should get its own thread. Umich fans can blah, blah, blah; Mgo can blah, blah, blah; and on cue Screw can pop in with some variation of GFY.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Slap a jersey on a JUGS football launcher and you'll be fine. This D has been absolutely torched the last three games, though each time it's been by classic drop back passers. Forcier, with his versatility, could cause even more of an issue. If State's going to win they'll have to hang 40 on the scoreboard...which they can do, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Forcier's questionable, will probably go. We're absolutely fucked if he's not even remotely effective. And considering we give away one of every four plays now that Molk is out and Moosman can't snap the fucking ball, your shite D will get a break every so often.

If your metric holds - 40 points - then you're probably in great shape going in. The only thing that'll probably prevent you from scoring that many points is your Jim Tressel offense running too much time of the clock to have enough possessions to do just that. Otherwise, our D is nothing more than two Johns and nine Betty's: you're going to shove it down our arse.
M Club
el capitán

Re: Paul Bunyan, Bitches

Post by M Club »

Wait, wait, wait, I meant to start this off with a Jon post:

We're fucking awesome, 4-0. Your bitch azz sux, 1-3. Obviously we should dominate, but this is MSU's Super Bowl. MSU gets fucking psyched for this game. The entire roster is from Michigan and dreamed of playing for U of M. The weirdest shit happens in this game. It's the only crazy rivalry out there.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

M Club wrote:The only thing that'll probably prevent you from scoring that many points is your Jim Tressel offense running too much time of the clock to have enough possessions to do just that.
It doesn't sound like you've seen them play yet, not that I'd blame you for that. I believe they're dead last in the conference in Time of Possession. They're airing it out quite a bit since the patchwork o-line can actually pass protect and they have a very good stable of WRs and TEs. Couple that with the inexperienced RBs (though Larry Caper and Glenn Winston are starting to show some things), and there you go.

The one benefit of running the ball 99% of the game like last year, was it did just that - ran time off the clock, and kept the defense fresh. As things stand now, the offense is either marching down the field and scoring very quickly or going 3 and out, causing the D to never catch its breath. And, yeah, it doesn't help that they suck.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:Wait, wait, wait, I meant to start this off with a Jon post:

We're fucking awesome, 4-0. Your bitch azz sux, 1-3. Obviously we should dominate, but this is MSU's Super Bowl. MSU gets fucking psyched for this game. The entire roster is from Michigan and dreamed of playing for U of M. The weirdest shit happens in this game. It's the only crazy rivalry out there.
I will beat Screw to the punch. Go fuck yourself, suck my dick, die of cancer, get AIDS, and all kinds of other creative insults.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: It doesn't sound like you've seen them play yet, not that I'd blame you for that.
I've been abroad since the start of the season, so yes, you've called my bluff. The only CF games I've seen so far are the Michigan ones I've streamed.

Sounds like our D's have the same issues. We dealt with a tired defense last year as well, though I definitely prefer it this year since they're back on the field after quick scores rather than after another fumble inside the 20. Probably just have a 40-something to 30-something shoot out, eh.
Last edited by M Club on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh yeah........Greg Robinson is awesome!!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Gerg gets a pass from me. His personnel right now...wow. I'll begin to hate him just as soon as he sucks with good players.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:Gerg gets a pass from me. His personnel right now...wow. I'll begin to hate him just as soon as he sucks with good players.
Heh. I believe I recall saying the same thing after his first year in KC. How does this guy keeping failing miserable everywhere he goes but then lands another good job?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

M Club wrote:Moosman can't snap the fucking ball
I don't think that dude can even count to 1 either.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Those bad snaps for Michigan weren't all the centers fault. Forcier did his part too. There was one where the center was just auto-snapping it because the defensive end had come offsides. Problem is, the defender got back quick enough to beat the snap. It looks bad for the center, but they're taught to do that. Forcier should have expected it.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote:Those bad snaps for Michigan weren't all the centers fault. Forcier did his part too. There was one where the center was just auto-snapping it because the defensive end had come offsides. Problem is, the defender got back quick enough to beat the snap. It looks bad for the center, but they're taught to do that. Forcier should have expected it.
i don't evaluate tape and only got to watch the second half on streaming. i'm just going with botched snaps = new center's fault.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Two of the bad snaps came when the center thought he would catch the d offsides....one of them was too late as the defender had gotten back onsides. Bottom line, the center was at least mostly at fault but with another week of practice I don't see it being a problem going forward. If forcier is good to go I give UM a slight edge in the game, if Robinson has to go the entire way I'd put it in MSU's favor. Being on the road for the first time and with a swiss cheese defense I think it's States game to lose...which they are good at.

UM-34
State-31
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Just so the Michigan center doesn't end up like Trey Junkin. That dude ended up going into hiding and became messed up in the head.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I wish I felt better about this game.

Michigan 38 Sparty 35
Those who stay will be champions.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BlindRef wrote:I wish I felt better about this game.

I don't look at Michigan as a dominant 4-0 and I don't look at State as a bad 1-3...these teams are closer than the records would suggest. I can very easily see this game resemble the Notre Dame where State's big receivers (Dell and Cunningham) give the Michigan secondary fits and White's speed could cause a matchup problem as well. Michigan is the better team on the ground...don't see any of the State backs striking fear like others in the past. It'll come down to their run being a product of their passing game being successful. You also have to wonder this team does in its first road test. Both teams should be able to move the ball on each other and like most games, avoid the untimely turnover and in Michigan's case, the unforced errors (ie--bad snaps). State has the edge if it comes down to a late kick having to win the game. I think in the end, Forcier has the ability to orchestrate a game-winning drive and I think the Wolverines have the more prolific playmakers on offense...namely Carlos Brown. I can see him having a 150-200 yard day on the ground with 2 long runs.

Michigan 35, Michigan State 31
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie...

Have you ever considered changing your nic to "Milquetoast"?

Follow-up question -- have you ever typed anything that you didn't C&P from the Cliche' Handbook?

It's freaking painful, dude.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

BlindRef wrote:I wish I felt better about this game.

Michigan 38 Sparty 35
i don't. the pride before the fall. that dantonio is a smart guy: the only games i've felt confident about we've lost.

msu 284
umich 32
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I felt pretty confident about that 2002 game and we won 49-3.

But I know what you're saying. A defeated Sparty is a dangerous Sparty.
Those who stay will be champions.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm hearing rain and 50s for Saturday. But, that's a Michigan weather forecast 5 days out so that translates to sunny and 70.

Rain would be bad. Anything that affects the passing game will be bad for MSU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

[buckeye_in_sc]FUCK THIS SHIT. I'VE HAD 4 CUPS OF COFFEE AND I'M JACKED AND PUMPED. FORCIER, THAT MEALY MOUTHED MIDGET IS GOING TO GET JACKED THE FUCK UP. THE SPARTAN S WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF FORCIER'S SPLIT TAINT. GREG JONES WILL USE HIS LOLLY POP STICKS FOR ARMS AS TOOTHPICKS TOMORROW NIGHT AS HE DINES ON PORTERHOUSE.

YOU FRUITS ARE GOING TO GET DESTROYED

MSU 35
scUM 24
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm hearing rain and 50s for Saturday.

Checking the hour-to-hour...looks like rain all day on Saturday. State has a hard enough time tackling in dry conditions...good luck corralling the Wolverines' speed in shitty conditions.

Revising my pick...

Michigan 35, Michigan State 24

Fuck Sparty...Go Blue! :mrgreen:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

After further thought, I think the rain will benefit MSU and its vertical passing game over Michigan's spread "speed" on a slick field, assuming there is little to no wind.

LET'S DO THIS SHIT
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Would've loved a stop on 4th down but that defense was on the field for almost 10 minutes and that drive covered a lot of real estate with all the penalties State committed but were able to make up for the mistakes with big chunks of yards on the bubble screens and rushes outside the tackles. That first drive went no where when State ran right into the center of the line...they were a lot more successful stretching out the field and taking advantage of Michigan's soft coverage and are showing success with the quick pass plays like Notre Dame did a couple weeks ago. That was a huge response for State to hold the ball for 10 minutes and still score after all the stupid penalites. Michigan at worst needs to use some clock to give their defense a rest.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

thanks MGO...that was fucking funny...

MSU looking pretty good...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Huge play on third down (Forcier-to-Koger)...1st first down of the day. I'm wondering why a flag wasn't thrown for the running back moving early though.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The ground game looks sluggish but Forcier has been able to use to his feet to keep plays alive and made some nice throws in that drive. Friggin' Moosman with a bad snap on 3rd down derailed a possible scoring drive but they still get three. 7-6 isn't a bad score considering State is winning this game big time on the stat sheet. The Spartans are taking a lot of dumb penalties but they haven't cost them yet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

A 4 point lead at half is a little disappointing considering how much better MSU is looking right now, but I'll take what I can get. The weather doesn't seem to be neutralizing much. I think we'll see a lot more offense in the 2nd half especially now that Forcier and co. are starting to get into a groove. I've been relishing a spread team since the MSU d is more suited to defend that, and the last three teams that shredded MSU were vertical passing teams. HUGE play by Forcier in his own endzone on that deep ball into double coverage. Kid's got guts.

Michigan D was looking a lot like MSU on those first couple drives - refusing to defend the bubble screen. It's been a nice go-to play.

AND KEEP NICHOL OFF THE GODDAMN FIELD !!! :brad:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The screen plays have been Michigan's weakness all season. Once Michigan decides to line up their corners closer to the line...then State moves to those intermediate routes in those soft spots between the corner and safety. You're dead on...Nichol shouldn't play the rest of the game, it's been Cousins' game. I've not understood why Dantonio continues to alternate the QBs when he's got one guy that is clearly the better of the two...much like what RichRod has done with Forcier.

I seriously doubt we see Robinson on the field today if they continue to play from behind. State doesn't have that devastating ground game with Ringer not there but they've got some nice runs from Winston. Caper was running well until the fumble. With Michigan getting the ball to start the half, I'd love to see them put another scoring drive together and put the Spartans' defense on their heels. They certainly won't win this game is State holds the ball for as long as they did in the first half. Michigan needs to attack that weak secondary of State much like State has been doing to the Wolverines. That should hopefully open up the ground game and allow Minor and Brown to take this game over.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Greeeeat...3-and-out and State has only half the field to work with. :x

EDIT--Nice stand and another pick coming off a disrupted throw from Cousins.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What the fuck!?!?! :shock:

You don't give the ball to Minor on 3-and-1 and then you pull this shit in your own red zone?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A nuclear blast by Graham on Winston on 3rd-and-goal but they gave State those three points. :oops:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Extremely frustrating MSU is only up by a TD. Another great red zone stand by Michigan there. They're getting pressure on Cousins when it matters, and their rush D is getting in quick. That fake punt was really bizarre.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Both defenses have played better than expected but I also think the play-calling has been very conservative by both teams. The one time Michigan gets a wild hair, it's a dumb fake punt call in the shadow of their end zone. Bottom line, State hasn't been burned by their turnovers and penalties and they are dominating field position and time of possession. The running game usually determines the winner of this game and so far, neither team has been all that good. Cousins has made enough plays to move State up the field.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Nichol back in the game, I just don't understand it. He's making some plays on this drive, but unless Cousins is hurt or playing horribly there's no reason for Nichol to be in there other than Dantonio honoring his promise that Nichol would play this year. Why the fuck he did that though, I have no idea. I guess to keep him from transferring again? :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Winston finally breaks one, NICE!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dagger...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Dagger...
Ummm, not in this series dude. This is far from over. MSU with a double digit lead late in the game? I've seen this movie before. I like their chances though.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Checks roster...nope, Braylon isn't there anymore.

I have confidence in Forcier but this team hasn't been able to move the ball or sustain a long drive all day...just the one drive that lead to the second field goal.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Congrats on the win, Sparty... :x
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Had to get points off that fumble...fuck!