How pathetic is Cal??????

Post by JayDuck »

:bode:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re: How pathetic is Cal??????

Post by Mr T »

This is all apart of the master plan for Cals 100th straight NC
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Sudden Sam wrote:Dang. This means no more NoCal scenic shots this year.

Heh heh...No Cal.
Pssstt........Redneck- you live in Alabama. Nuff said. The Truth
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

fekal was always a pretender
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Sudden Sam wrote: :D

Odd. Haven't noticed an m2 post since kickoff.

He'll be unstoppable if Cal comes back and wins!
P'sst...he is i'n a luxury ren fair'y suite at the game with 2 or 3 cold-sored hos'..."Midwesterners"
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Hey Kal is no more pathetic this year than they are any other year.
FIGHT ON!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jet Blue grounded again. Call that dude Houdini in big games.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:Cal isn't pathetic.
Yes, they are. They just got beat by 39 in their first real game of the year. Were it not for a shit call they would've gotten shut out...

...and it only comes as a mild surprise to anyone who's watched Cal for a long time.

All flash, no substance = Cal = pathetic.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- Oregon laid a big fat turd to open the season... an asswhooping that pretty much everyone here witnessed firsthand.

Since then, the offense has improved every half of football they've played.

Beat a decent Perdue team.

Ended the longest winning streak in the country, and upended then-ranked Utah.

Busted a cap in #6 Kal.

How many more ranked teams does Oregon have to roll before people forget that opening-night travesty?

Of course, there's a bye next week... well, Wazzu at home is pretty much a bye this season.

Maybe a win against USC will do it?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Look on the bright side, Dins. If Oregon goes 11-1 and wins the Pac 10 they'll probably earn themselves a Rose Bowl invite, or at least a BCS bowl game bid...unless the BCS simply can't figure out where to put Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn and Florida.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dinsdale wrote:
How many more ranked teams does Oregon have to roll before people forget that opening-night travesty?

Of course, there's a bye next week... well, Wazzu at home is pretty much a bye this season.

Maybe a win against USC will do it?
Doesnt matter how many teams they roll, a 1 loss Pac 10 team will never never be forgiven for that 1 loss

sin
2008 Trojans
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Take it from OU fan. NOBODY forgets it when you lose to Boise State. Ever.
Try ALMOST losing to a great 1-AA opponent the first effing game of the year. Your team will NEVER live that down. Especially if that team happens to reside in your state.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Take it from OU fan. NOBODY forgets it when you lose to Boise State. Ever.
and if any of you oklahomo schoobers do, I'll always be here to remind you :D
get out, get out while there's still time
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Doesnt matter how many teams they roll, a 1 loss Pac 10 team will never never be forgiven for that 1 loss

sin
2008 Trojans
that's not how it works, wanker. you only get penalized for losing to another shite pac 10 team. oregon's in good shape. besides, you quit on SC before the media ever did. remember when your bitch ass got on here talking about selling off your season tickets because of one loss? =bitch.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

For the record, there are no "great D1-AA opponents."

If you play a D1-AA team it should be a massive point reduction in your BCS rankings. Bare minimum, it shouldn't count on your record, and none of the stats from the game should be included as part of your regular season stats.

It's a major league team playing a minor league team. It's an exhibition, nothing more.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Go see where UNI is currently ranked in the Sagarin rankings. I will give you a hint- ahead of most 1-A teams. That team finishes in the middle of the pack in the Big East and would contend in conferences like the MAC. They are a great 1-AA team. Just like Florida is a great 1-A team. If you're gonna say there are no great 1-AA teams then I say there are no great BCS teams because they'd all get destroyed by every NFL team. Same goes for HS, on down the line. If you're going to say a team like Iowa shouldn't get credit for a win over a team like UNI then you better be willing to erase USC's win over San Jose State or Florida's first couple of wins because UNI would manhandle those teams. I will tell you this- if you put Pat Grace (UNI QB) on USC, they'd be unbeaten right now.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If you had Matt Barkley at QB for all of USC's games they'd be unbeaten now too.

The NFL wouldn't count a game played between the New York Giants and Florida Gators. Exactly. Iowa shouldn't be able to count a game against a lower league either.

A great high school team is irrelevant in the college game, and a great D1-AA team - which NIU isn't anyway - is irrelevant in D1. Games between non-competing leagues are exhibitions, and therefore shouldn't count.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:For the record, there are no "great D1-AA opponents."

If you play a D1-AA team it should be a massive point reduction in your BCS rankings. Bare minimum, it shouldn't count on your record, and none of the stats from the game should be included as part of your regular season stats.

It's a major league team playing a minor league team. It's an exhibition, nothing more.
Eh, you're confused by branding. There are definitely better I-AA teams than half the shite we find in I-A. Beating UNI is tougher than beating EMU or La-Lafayette, but under the current system the easier game is rewarded.

On the flip, these I-AA teams deserve the occasional shot at the BCS. Lucky for them no one in I-A has the balls to play each other, so they oftentimes get a crack or two every year.

Otherwise, if Iowa were serious about becoming a national contender they'd stop with the horseshite games altogether. Play real teams, even on the road; start to beat them; and people will take you more and more seriously. Iowa and Wisconsin, specifically, blow my mind in this regard. They show during bowl season that they can play with most teams, so why not demonstrate that OOC?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Because they don't want to risk that bowl game.

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

M Club wrote: Otherwise, if Iowa were serious about becoming a national contender they'd stop with the horseshite games altogether. Play real teams, even on the road; start to beat them; and people will take you more and more seriously. Iowa and Wisconsin, specifically, blow my mind in this regard. They show during bowl season that they can play with most teams, so why not demonstrate that OOC?
Wisconsin already tried this. The year after they won the Rose Bowl, they played Colorado in consecutive years and got waxed both times (Alvarez wanted out of the series badly as it was agreed to before he got there but was pressured by the admins to keep it in). Then they played Syracuse in a Kickoff Classic at the Meadowlands and were shut out. Since then, they've dialed it back to the North Carolinas and Arizonas of the world.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

My problem isn't the idea that UNI might be a competitive team. Obviously, they are -- that was on display that day. It's that JON's in here crying hours before the game over the fact he can't get excited for these insignificant exhibition games, then after Iowa needs not just one but TWO miracles from jeeeezus to win the game, he's all "Ohhhhhhhh, UNI is a badass team and could beat half of D1."

As dins would say...:ROLLEM:
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:My problem isn't the idea that UNI might be a competitive team. Obviously, they are -- that was on display that day. It's that JON's in here crying hours before the game over the fact he can't get excited for these insignificant exhibition games, then after Iowa needs not just one but TWO miracles from jeeeezus to win the game, he's all "Ohhhhhhhh, UNI is a badass team and could beat half of D1."

As dins would say...:ROLLEM:
Mtard did the same when Cal travelled to Tenn and got rolled. He came back in here blowing smoke that UT was a top 10 team...

Seems that Mtool and Jon have more in common than we thought.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That fact that UNI beat Iowa St and Kansas at some point proves precisely nothing. Iowa St belongs in D1-AA, and for much of their football history so too has Kansas.

Call me when UNI beats Ohio St.

There are no great D1-AA teams, except for when they play other D1-AA teams. If a good D1 team plays any D1-AA team - and John certainly considers Iowa to be a well above average D1 team - then such a game is nothing more than a shameless exhibition, and barring catastrophic injuries it should be a blowout, every time.

Mgo is correct, also. Jon completely downplayed NIU before the season, then he tried to make them out to be the Lombardi Packers after they went into Kinnick and beat Iowa, minus a fucking FG.

It's Weathervane Iowa, people. They're D1-AA. Compared to a team with 83 NFL 1st rounders they suck, and they suck mightily.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nah, it's 83. Two of 'em skipped the draft and went directly into the NFL HOF.