Foul Play...Ya Think?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Foul Play...Ya Think?

Post by Mikey »

Actually I hear that it's common practice in southeast Kentucky for despondent people to write "fed" on their own chest and then hang themselves.

Maybe just a kinky office autoasphyxiation game.

AP source: Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body
By DEVLIN BARRETT and JEFFREY McMURRAY, Associated Press Writers Devlin Barrett And Jeffrey Mcmurray, Associated Press Writers
8 mins ago

WASHINGTON – A U.S. Census worker found hanging from a tree near a Kentucky cemetery had the word "fed" scrawled on his chest, a law enforcement official said Wednesday, and the FBI is investigating whether he was a victim of anti-government sentiment.

The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word on the chest of Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and teacher. He was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky.

The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether the death was a slaying or a suicide, and if a slaying, whether the motive was related to his government job or to anti-government sentiment. An autopsy report is pending.

Investigators have said little about the case. FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is assisting state police.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that's part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Beyer declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.

Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.

Census employees were told Sparkman's truck was found nearby, and a computer he was using for work was found inside it, she said. He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.

Sparkman has worked for the Census since 2003, spanning five counties in the surrounding area. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.

Door-to-door operations have been suspended in Clay County pending a resolution of the investigation, Scurry-Johnson said.

The Census Bureau is overseen by the Commerce Department.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our co-worker," Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with William Sparkman's son, other family and friends."

Locke called him "a shining example of the hardworking men and women employed by the Census Bureau."

The most deadly attack on federal workers came in 1995 when the federal building in Oklahoma City was devastated by a truck bomb, killing 168 and injuring more than 680. Tim McVeigh, who was executed for the bombing, carried literature by modern, ultra-right-wing anti-government authors.

A private group called PEER, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, tracks violence against employees who enforce environmental regulations, but the group's executive director, Jeff Ruch, said it's hard to know about all of the cases because some agencies don't share data on instances of violence against employees.

Ruch said that after the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, "we kept getting reports from employees that attacks and intimidation against federal employees had not diminished, and that's why we've been tracking them."

"Even as illustrated in town hall meetings today, there is a distinct hostility in a large segment of the population toward people who work for their government," Ruch said.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Foul Play...Ya Think?

Post by War Wagon »

I'm sure there's some profound point you're trying make with this.

Don't hold back.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

I would assume in this day and age that if you work for the gov., if only part time, your funeral expenses would be covered, as well as your immediate family would have a $50k per year per family member pension of some sort upon your death. Its only right isnt it,

sin, democrats

On a side note I had some guy in his late 50s WITH A BEARD,... and dont all male government workers in there 50s or 60s have beards. Its a sign that you once got high and protested something, anything really and that you feel self importance. Anyways, dude with beard meets me in the road and starts in with who he is looking for( my farms landlord) and then with the questions. Im like " who the hell are you?" He says hes with the USDA statistics bureau and hes doing an audit. I told him I really couldnt help him and that Id been working all morning and was tired and hungry. He wasnt tired or hungry, he was fat from being underworked and he was well rested from being underworked and overpaid. Fuck him and his bean counting.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Trampis wrote:I would assume in this day and age that if you work for the gov., if only part time, your funeral expenses would be covered, as well as your immediate family would have a $50k per year per family member pension of some sort upon your death. Its only right isnt it,

sin, democrats

On a side note I had some guy in his late 50s WITH A BEARD,... and dont all male government workers in there 50s or 60s have beards. Its a sign that you once got high and protested something, anything really and that you feel self importance. Anyways, dude with beard meets me in the road and starts in with who he is looking for( my farms landlord) and then with the questions. Im like " who the hell are you?" He says hes with the USDA statistics bureau and hes doing an audit. I told him I really couldnt help him and that Id been working all morning and was tired and hungry. He wasnt tired or hungry, he was fat from being underworked and he was well rested from being underworked and overpaid. Fuck him and his bean counting.

Stick to fucking the sheep on the farm!!! People trying to get data to help other people is a really bad thing.......could you please hang yourself?
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
Trampis wrote:I would assume in this day and age that if you work for the gov., if only part time, your funeral expenses would be covered, as well as your immediate family would have a $50k per year per family member pension of some sort upon your death. Its only right isnt it,

sin, democrats

Stick to fucking the sheep on the farm!!! People trying to get data to help other people is a really bad thing.......could you please hang yourself?
Thanks for the love Gene Raeburn

Another gov. story. I live across the river from the Hanford nuclear res.. One day I get a call from someone out at the rez asking if it would be ok to come over and get a water sample from my well to prove that no radiation has leaked across the river. Being a big believer in the manhatten project and nuclear energy in general I say sure. Next day three dudes come out in two cars to take a water sample. It was explained to me that one dude was there to take the sample, the other was there to verify that the sample was being taken and the third dude was there to verify the verifier was there. Fuck. Our tax dollars go to fund this shit. They even thought it was funny that they came out in two cars and had a fun field trip for the day. Im fucking standing there, tired from doing real work all day and these pasty jerkoffs are living off my dime.

Another time a much larger crew came out from the nuclear reservation to test there radio disaster preparedness. About nine white nerds doing there best Al Franken one-man mobile uplink impression. I just spent the night getting my hay rained on, losing thousands of dollars and these guys are standing out in my field playing with there fancy dish network truck. You know, if I see the radioactive plume heading my way, assume Ill leave ok. Dont stand around my field in a circle jerk fashion.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

I guess there weren't any revenuers handy.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

What a let-down. Turns out he didn't have "fed" scrawled anywhere on him, but he was naked with his hands & feet bound.

Clearly, the guy was hot on the trail of David Carradine's Real Killer(s)
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Cuda wrote:What a let-down. Turns out he didn't have "fed" scrawled anywhere on him, but he was naked with his hands & feet bound.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to assume for now...no foul play.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

FED
Last edited by LTS TRN 2 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

CockityCockCock..............JewCock
Before God was, I am
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I can't stand those fucking census workers. We had one old bitch calling us every day. Asking to do interview after interview after interview. We would never return her calls and then she'd show up at the door. Cunt. Asking questions about how much money we make, where we spend it, etc. None of the government's fucking business. They have my tax returns. That's all I owe them. This dude committed suicide, but as much as these fuckers harrass people, I'm surprised more of them don't end up a windchime in a tree like this fucker.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I have no disdain for the Schwan's dude who delivers my onion rings.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

88 wrote:I didn't interpret Indy's post as showing disdain for working people. I interpreted it as showing disdain for government intrusion into his private life.
Of course you interpreted it that way. It was pretty obvious what I meant. Then again, you don't follow me around like Screwball. He really needs Goobs to come back. Goobs enjoys the attention. I typically ignore it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

R-Jack wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I have no disdain for the Schwan's dude who delivers my onion rings.
By your pic that looks like it happens more than once a decade :mrgreen:
Me? Fat? I could stand to lose 10-15 lbs. after the holidays most years, but I'm no chunker.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I guess I can understand (maybe not condone, but understand) people taking a violent approach to try and combat the federal government GROSSLY overstepping their bounds and making a mockery of the Constitution...

Except that pesky part where the Constitution requires the fed to perform a census every ten years for the sake of accurate representation in The House.

String someone up from the Dept of Education (unconstitutional)... sure.

ATF/DEA agent? Sure.

Energy Dept? Hang 'em high.

But, the Census Bureau actually is not only permissable constitutionally, it's required.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one