USC v OSU

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

USC v OSU

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Ok you fucking left coast douches...time to get to smack, prognostications, and whatever else...

Something seems odd to me about this OSU team...I witnessed most of the NAVY game live and the team cashed it in early in the 2nd half...why I don't know...but they were up 20-7 at half...and seemingly had the game under control...again, they let them back in the game and it was close...rather have a decent test and a scare before going into a game like this...

OSU - solid skill, Exeptional ATHLETE at QB, so-so O Line (which USC could exploit), Solid D Line, thin LB Corps (but athletic) and some very good players in the secondary although PICK ON ANDERSON RUSSELL.

USC - Frosh QB, AWESOME stable of RB's, thin WR's and a very good OL, very good DL, untested LB's and Taylor Mays (nothing else needs to be said)...

all that said, Barkley first roadie in the SHOE at NIGHT, 105k (I will be one of them) it is going to be awesome...again something was weird about how the NAVY game went down...I think Tressel is playing possum (just my opinion)...

All that being said...OSU D pressures Barkley into some early mistakes and the OSU Offense capitalizes...the OSU D holds the stable in check and OSU gets a late score to ice the game...

OSU wins:
24-10

have at it asshats!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Re: USC v OSU

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I think OSU may win but I dont think it will be by 14 points, Carroll hasnt lost by more than 11 yet and that was the only one by more than 1 score since getting to USC.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm going against my off-season prediction...

USC 24
OSU 17

Two things I absolutely do NOT see are USC losing by two TDs or more, and USC being held to just 10 points.

I'll be pulling for the Bucks, though.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Jsc810 wrote:I guess I'd like to see OSU win this game, and have USC beat Cal later in the season.

That would make you 0-2.

Something your body has already been telling you for a lifetime.

Ohio goes down to $C by 10- 21 points.

Then $UC comes back west to only get ass-pounded by the Grizzly Bears.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Jsc810 wrote:Stick your bullshit predictions up your ass, nobody cares.

If you want to make predictions, join a pickem contest, like you said you would.

Until then, shut the fuck up, pussy.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/recovery.html
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

not to defend toolio, but it's not necessary to join a pick'em contest to make predictions or talk shit, is it?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

OSU wins:
24-10
That is almost certainly not going to happen. OSU may win, though I think it less likely now than I did before, but even if they do win it won't be by two TDs.

USC may win by two or more TDs, but if OSU wins it'll be in a close game. OSU doesn't have the line play on either side of the ball to roll USC. The only way OSU wins by that type of score is if USC just kills themselves over and over with turnovers and penalties. If the game is remotely even, as far as mistakes go, OSU does not beat USC by two TDs.

Stranger things have happened, but that would be pretty damn strange.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

USC 35
OSU 16

But what do I know. Seems Petey only reloads out there on the West Coast and only loses to teams they should not. So unless this road trip is against Indiana or Coastal Carolina, I see them taking care of business.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I was at the 1990 game as well...Ricky Ervin was a stud that day...

fuck this shit...OSU will wipe the floor with these poofy haired surfer fags...fuck you guys

(i mean that in the nicest way though)

APB for Jimmy Meds...
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

The only thing that scares me about the Buckeye offense is Pryor's legs. I don't think he can beat SC with his arm. The Trojans have an excellent and experienced secondary.

On the other side of the ball it's simple. Protect Barkley and avoid turnovers, especially early. With that O-line I'm sure they can protect. A couple of early turnovers against SJSt were somewhat bothersome. McKnight has gotta hold the rock.

This game kinda has a 27-17 feel to it. USC.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, I did initially pick Ohio St to win a close one, in a coin toss game. That was before I saw how weak both their lines looked against Navy.

Now I think one of two things happen:

1-USC wins big, because the only offense OSU will be able to muster will be Terrell Pryor running and occasionally completing some passes due to the threat of his running. Pryor will make some plays, but he'll give some back too, and in the meantime Ohio St will not be able to run the ball.

Meanwhile, USC will run the ball, and try to minimize mistakes. If USC simply doesn't kill themselves with turnovers and penalties they should win, comfortably, to the tune of something like 31-17.

2-USC commits those turnovers and penalties, and they make enough assignment mistakes on defense for OSU to win a close one. Ohio St, 24-20.

Because OSU is getting 6.5, it's tempting to take OSU. They can still lose the game and cover.

Also, with a 6.5 spread at The Horseshoe, which counts for at least three points - really, more like a TD - basically Vegas is saying USC is a double digit favorite over OSU!

I think what we're going to see will be Matt Barkley's coming out party. He'll be steady, and he'll make enough plays to impress, while USC runs the ball like crazy.

Ohio St has to win the turnovers/penalties/mistakes battle. Otherwise, they can't line up and beat USC. Ohio St also better not fall behind. They have to be in this thing at halftime, and it's unusually important in this one that they don't let USC score first.

I don't care what anybody says: Ohio St is dealing with mental demons. They know everybody is again picking them to lose another big game. They know the national perception is that they don't have the talent to beat USC. They know what USC did to them last year.

They also know USC has beaten them six straight, and they know USC usually kills people in games like these.

Point being, the Snowball Effect/"Here We Go Again" potential is just sitting there, ready to play on their minds.

Ohio St needs to grind out a long opening drive, resulting in a TD. They need an early turnover. They need to get some big success, early, then they need to play this one downhill.

The one thing Ohio St cannot afford would be to see Damian Williams kill them early. If Barkley burns them with USC's wideouts then the Ohio St D will be in deep shit, because USC will run the ball down their throats if OSU is unable to load up the box.

Hypothetical question time...

Let's say USC rolls them again. Shy of losing to Michigan, is it possible for Sweatervest to ever be on the hot seat in Columbus, as long as he keeps winning ten games? Will Buckeye fans remain content with him as their coach if he keeps losing all the big games, besides the Michigan game?

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Van...I have been on record...

If Tressel does not do one of a few things with the current roster of talent...

WIN another NC against a SEC/Big 12 team
WIN a BCS Bowl against an SEC/Big 12 team
WIN the Cap One Bowl against an SEC team...

all within the next 3 years or so...as well as perhaps winning against SC this year and Miami of FLA the next 2 years...I think he needs to go...seriously...

his act is slightly stale...and this not letting the players play down hill ala Pete, Urban, etc...just let them LOOSE...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Only thing there with which I'd disagree is that while it'd be nice for the Vest to win another NC by beating an SEC or Big XII team, well, any ol' NC will do. I don't think it necessarily has to come at the hands of the SEC or Big XII.

On the flip side though, yeah, a couple more losses in bowl games to those conferences, nevermind national title games, wooo, that would surely hurt.

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

The spread is USC -6.5

I'd almost be tempted to pick against the Trojans, because this is the year USC has the most issues they've had everywhere since Carroll's first season. I do see them losing a couple games this year, and you'd have to think that this would be one of the more likely losses.

With that said, until proven otherwise, I think you'd have to be an idiot to bet against USC going up against a Big-10 team.

Take USC and the points
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

JayDuck wrote:The spread is USC -6.5
Van wrote:Also, with a 6.5 spread at The Horseshoe, which counts for at least three points - really, more like a TD - basically Vegas is saying USC is a double digit favorite over OSU!

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:fuck this shit...OSU will wipe the floor with these poofy haired surfer fags...fuck you guys
LOL
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Yeah that is all I got right now...

I wonder if Schmick is making the trip to C Bus...