Oregon vs Boise.... thread...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Oregon vs Boise.... thread...

Post by Blueblood »

Oregon takes this one on the road... being that they're a PAC 10 team against a Mid- Major... the #11 ranked team in the country.....

Only Alabama and Oklahoma would lose to a mid- major when it counts....( Shit conferences )

That being said, Oregon will end up being the 3rd or 4th best team in the PAC....

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Re: Oregon vs Boise.... thread...

Post by Blueblood »

Blue out (Cal).... White out (Penn State).... ???

Nope.

That's child's play... Boise State's going for the blue-orange-white-out for the Oregon game.

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle ... ER_CONTENT
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Let's see how they can compare to REAL fans.

da poof
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I'd be more interested to see what uniform combination Oregon comes out with tonight.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Blueblood wrote:Oregon takes this one on the road... being that they're a PAC 10 team against a Mid- Major...
Great take, Sudden m2

UNLV 23, Arizona State 20
BYU 59, UCLA 0
New Mexico 36, Arizona 28
Utah 31, Oregon State 28
TCU 31, Stanford 14

But hey, you rolled Colorado State. Way to represent.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Blueblood wrote:Oregon takes this one on the road... being that they're a PAC 10 team against a Mid- Major... the #11 ranked team in the country.....

Only Alabama and Oklahoma would lose to a mid- major when it counts....( Shit conferences )

That being said, Oregon will end up being the 3rd or 4th best team in the PAC....

the truth
Saturday morning I'm going to wake up a little early and make some breakfast salad. Scrambled eggs, cheese, onions, green and red peppers, bacon, sausage, diced potatoes and toast. Make a pot big enough to eat throughout the day. I'll have some October beers on hand (likely Jawjacker Ale by Arcadia and Post Road Pumpkin Ale by Brooklyn) as well as the last of the Fat Tire my buddy brought in from Chicago. I'll watch the ND game and depending on the outcome, have a Gispert Churchill victory cigar. Then I'll settle in with some burgers or steak to watch the VaTech/Alabama game at night. Can't wait!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

sounds good, Killian. I'm headed home in about an hour. i'm showing a video in class tomorrow so i might crack a beer or two when i get home. either make some bolognese or chile verde for the weekend/next week and also the summer's last batch of gazpacho (for lunch next week with sammies). and then the long weekend, yo. may or may not go to the CU-CSU game on Sunday. i have a ticket option, but i may stay home. don't have to teach on Monday AM, and save that money for new bike crank set or a nice bottle of small-batch bourbon. i live about 1/2 a mile from the stadium; so, i can go tailgate with one of the CU boards where i troll (as a Buff) and then head home. still hear the stadium cheers and stuff on big plays.

I'm starting to think i could make a crapton of money as a Fat Tire mule to the upper midwest.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Degenerate wrote: Great take, Sudden m2

UNLV 23, Arizona State 20
BYU 59, UCLA 0
New Mexico 36, Arizona 28
Utah 31, Oregon State 28
TCU 31, Stanford 14

But hey, you rolled Colorado State. Way to represent.
you forgot Utah embarassing Alabama last year, but point well taken

the Ducks have been talking a lot, while BSU has been relatively mum during the run up to the game.....the hype here is off the charts....

Oregon is a highly motivated Pac 10 team that's looking for revenge for what they thought was a cheap win last year.....Oregon is going to be at a boiling point, BSU will be their calm cool colective selves

Oregon's drive for exacting revenge is going to be their undoing in this game.....

BSU-38
Ducks-31
get out, get out while there's still time
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Killian wrote:
...depending on the outcome, have a Gispert Churchill victory cigar...
That sounds like a damn good idea. I think I am going to have to steal this one from ya for me and my group at the bar Saturday for the Morman smashing.

Rack Killian.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Let's see how they can compare to the most obnoxious fans in the country.
Fixed that for ya, Frisco......
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:the Ducks have been talking a lot
Link?

LaGarrett Blount talked a little trash... care to cite any other example (save your keystrokes, it hasn't happened).

Oregon is going to be at a boiling point
Is that really the crap your small-town media has been feeding you?

Nothing could be further from the truth... but I did hear the interview with your Quacking coach where he's had to work to keep the team calm. (BTW -- the "no interviews with media from the other side" policy is pretty bush-league, and well-cronicled by every local media outlet that's tried to talk to anyone there... very unusual, and quite bitchlike)

BSU will be their calm cool colective[sic] selves
Nice typo -- I think the word you were going for was "colonic."

But we'll see how calm and cool they are when they go down 14 after 6 minutes.

BSU-38
Ducks-31

If you really believe you're going to keep The O under 45 points with that defense, I've got some land to sell you in Idaho... oh, wait -- you already fell for that scam once already.

O - 52
BSU - 31

12 yards and a cloud of dust, baby!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Boise favored by +3...oddsmakers must see too much money going one way.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A huge difference from last year -- no more Jaison Williams to drop every freaking pass that bounces off his chest...

Jaison -- the body of TO, the hands of T Rex.

Every receiver beat their man last year.

Matter of fact, O ran for 227 yards (well below season average), to BSU's 38.

All came down to inexperienced QB's throwing the ball to the wrong team, to the tune of 4 TO's, one resulting in a 14 point swing (after BSU cheap-shotted multiple QBs out of the game).

Jerimiah Masoli went from new and "green" to the cover of SI in a year -- no such poor QB play will happen this time around... and without shitty QB play, last year's game was a blowout the other way.

BSU didn't beat Oregon -- Oregon beat Oregon. Won't happen again. Not tonight, anyway.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:All came down to inexperienced QB's throwing the ball to the wrong team, to the tune of 4 TO's, one resulting in a 14 point swing (after BSU cheap-shotted multiple QBs out of the game).
Van???
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

JMak wrote:Boise favored by +3...oddsmakers must see too much money going one way.

Gee, thanks Marcus.

Uhm... pollsters have BSU ranked 2 ahead of Oregon (AP and SI, USA Today has them swapped), playing on a field where BSU has lost something like 2 games in 10 years...

YA'THINK BSU is giving points?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:All came down to inexperienced QB's throwing the ball to the wrong team, to the tune of 4 TO's, one resulting in a 14 point swing (after BSU cheap-shotted multiple QBs out of the game).
Van???
I'm not sure I've committed a full Vannism here... just calling it like I see it.

Just sayin' -- going into battle with a QB who matured exponentially during the conference season, to the tune of two conference-offensive-player-of-the-week-awards (one after having the biggest game by a QB in PAC history) is preferable to putting whichever just-pulled-off-the-redshirt scrub wasn't limping at the time (the big problem with the spread-option).

Wouldn't you agree?

No excuses for last year -- I sat there in the third row and watched it all happen before my eyes. The QB position was a big freaking problem over the first few games last season (a sting USC fan might feel soon). After DD, there was a definite lack of transitional flow to the next guy... after being spoiled at that position for so long (minus the years with that one guy whose name we don't speak, who obviously accepted payola from Stanford and kept Oregon out of the championship game... dude couldn't play special teams, so they made him the QB... WTF?).

But a STUD is coming to the party this year -- no repeat of served-on-a-platter TDs for Boise this time around.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Wouldn't you agree?
Just bustin your balls. The bad QB play, 4 TOs and injuries was pretty close though...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote: Just bustin your balls.

I'm still patting myself on the back for using "Vannism."

I'm a little bit MOTHERFUCKING PUMPED-btw. Considering blowing off all professional duties today in favor of prefuncting. Then again, 8 hours is a loooong time to binge (even by IndyFrisco all-day drinking standards) and still be coherent for a 3+ hour game (that ESPN will probably find a way to draw to 4.5 hours, especially as much as BSU airs it up).

BTW-completely unrelated, insignificant sidenote that has no place here -- just caught my buddy wearing a Frisco Roughriders ballcap. He's a "fan," since he worked in Frisco for a month or two, where he said there weren't much to do besides catch ballgames. Frisco representin' in the U&L, if it makes you feel better (Homeboy will watch about any baseball game you care to put in front of him).

Quack Quack, Motherfuckers
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote: and still be coherent for a 3+ hour game (that ESPN will probably find a way to draw to 4.5 hours, especially as much as BSU airs it up).
you ought to try watching your team play Texas Tech or Missouri. game lasts for fucking ever.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: and still be coherent for a 3+ hour game (that ESPN will probably find a way to draw to 4.5 hours, especially as much as BSU airs it up).
you ought to try watching your team play Texas Tech or Missouri. game lasts for fucking ever.

Oh, I survived the PAC's Era-Of-Air-It-Up... I understand fully.

Which gets me thinking... how would a Texas Tech vs Navy battle go down? There's a couple of extremes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Navy get through a game without a pass attempt last season?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:
Link?
It's in all the papers-at least down here
LaGarrett Blount talked a little trash... care to cite any other example (save your keystrokes, it hasn't happened).
yeah, Masoli's been running off about how they want revenge and blah blah blah blah
Is that really the crap your small-town media has been feeding you?
not if you read the shit they've been talking....quotes mind you, not some hyperbole drummed up by some sportswriter....
Nothing could be further from the truth... but I did hear the interview with your Quacking coach where he's had to work to keep the team calm. (BTW -- the "no interviews with media from the other side" policy is pretty bush-league, and well-cronicled by every local media outlet that's tried to talk to anyone there... very unusual, and quite bitchlike)
they'd prefer to do their talking on the field...which they'll do in about 7 hours

Nice typo -- I think the word you were going for was "colonic."

But we'll see how calm and cool they are when they go down 14 after 6 minutes.
sorry Dins, you've always been the master of the typo smack so I've been duly thrashed.....nice pick up btw...they may be down by 14 before they know it, but if you think the ducks are going to come in here and push BSU around, well, you're (being ducks fans in general) in for a big surprise....
If you really believe you're going to keep The O under 45 points with that defense, I've got some land to sell you in Idaho... oh, wait -- you already fell for that scam once already.
you know shit about our defense-last years defense is probably inferior to this version....they're bigger and faster all the way around.....probably hit harder too (look out Masoli)
12 yards and a cloud of dust, baby!
just promise me you (you representing the collection of honk fans) won't be crying "late hit late hit" every time one of your guys gets whacked will you? Promise me
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Ducks will will this game easily. Not gonna be as close as advertised. I can see BSU getting some late TD's to make it looks more respectible, but this game will not be in doubt in the 4th quarter.

Go "all in" with Oregon +3.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:.

Every receiver beat their man last year.
what fucking game were you watching, because it sure wasn't the Boise State/Oregon game from last year.....
All came down to inexperienced QB's throwing the ball to the wrong team, to the tune of 4 TO's, one resulting in a 14 point swing (after BSU cheap-shotted multiple QBs out of the game).

really, I thought you were above the "cheap shot" comments, but I see you've reverted to the excuse that every Oregon fan was using.....how about that blatant spear by one of your reserve linebackers on a kick return???? Oh, you forgot about that didn't you? And how about that decapitation shot that Chung took on our slot receiver? Oh, you forgot about that one too....fucking ducks and their selective memories

BSU didn't beat Oregon -- Oregon beat Oregon. Won't happen again. Not tonight, anyway.
why didn't you add "Oregon just ran out of time" to that?

fuck dude, would you like some cheese with that whine?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:BTW-completely unrelated, insignificant sidenote that has no place here -- just caught my buddy wearing a Frisco Roughriders ballcap. He's a "fan," since he worked in Frisco for a month or two, where he said there weren't much to do besides catch ballgames. Frisco representin' in the U&L, if it makes you feel better (Homeboy will watch about any baseball game you care to put in front of him).
Cool. One of my groomsmen started work at the Roughriders as an usher. Got moved to nighttime security. He's now the Gameday Operations Manager. VERY nice ballpark they got there too. We went to quite a few games before I moved.

As for not much to do in Frisco, he is pretty wrong there. I mean, you can't go mountain biking, fishing or much outdoorsy kind of stuff, but it is a sprawling city. 30k people lived there when I moved there 10 years ago. Well over 100k now. Plenty to do in and around there.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Ducks 38
Broncs 34
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I've gone back and forth on this game and I'm not confident in my pick but I will take Boise State by 17.

Yeah, I know.......pretty insane to pick a team to win by 17 in a game you're not confident in the winner but there's actually a reason.....

This will be a track meet. Track meets turn into blowouts almost every time. This is why I dislike Big-12 football. Well, that and because I don't have ADD. One team will turn the ball over a couple of times and a close game in the first half will turn into a laugher in the 2nd half. Boise State is at home so I will predict the turnovers to come from Oregon but I could be wrong. Maybe Boise State wets their pants in a game this big and they turn it over.

So I'll take Boise by 17, but I could see Oregon winning by the same margin.

Will not be a close game one way or the other.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

JON, are we going to get your STONE COLD LOCKS thread for week 1?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:
This will be a track meet. Track meets turn into blowouts almost every time. This is why I dislike Big-12 football. Well, that and because I don't have ADD.
nothing like a sweeping generalization from the expert Jon to start the season off. at least the Big XII ain't fat, slow, pasty white guys hugging each other for 2 1/2 hours as 150 a game passers elicit a chubby for Iowans in front of the TV.
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Ducks 38
Broncs 24

FTFY-NC
E UNUM PLURIBUS
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

How many from the Eastern timezone is gonna sacrifice themselves to catch this game?

Be interested to see, especially if it stays close...
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The Seer wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Ducks 38
Broncs 24

FTFY-NC
14 point home loss on a Thursday night? I don't think so.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Ducks 112
Broncs -13

FTFY... after reading JON's prediction.

Cheers-btw
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The Seer wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Ducks 0
Broncs 24

FTFM-NC
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

UO better put some juice here going, down two scores going into the half.

Bob Davie is a cretin.
"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Ducks will will this game easily. Not gonna be as close as advertised. I can see BSU getting some late TD's to make it looks more respectible, but this game will not be in doubt in the 4th quarter.

Go "all in" with Oregon +3.

BWAH!
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Road teams are like .140 on Thursday nights, the few wins have been early in the year before classes start and the team can travel before game day.
Masoli is a horrible QB, the spread is summer passing league/flag football pussy shit, I want to take my prediction of USC losing in Eugene back
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Road teams are like .140 on Thursday nights, the few wins have been early in the year before classes start and the team can travel before game day.
Masoli is a horrible QB, the spread is summer passing league/flag football pussy shit, I want to take my prediction of USC losing in Eugene back

Neb took a Thursday-game for our trip to Columbia, MO. Ya it's cool that we'll be on national tv but we may be setting ourselves up.

Unless USC chooses Oregon to be it's annual "just didn't come to play" game you guys should roll.

Wow, up 20-0 now.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Stopping in to Rack the Boise St. defense.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Danimal wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Road teams are like .140 on Thursday nights, the few wins have been early in the year before classes start and the team can travel before game day.
d

Neb took a Thursday-game for our trip to Columbia, MO. Ya it's cool that we'll be on national tv but we may be setting ourselves up.

Unless USC chooses Oregon to be it's annual "just didn't come to play" game you guys should roll.

Wow, up 20-0 now.

Why are "Midwesterners" so fucking slow ???

Oregon and $C will be Cal's BITCH.

UNREAL....
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The widest margin of any loss USC has had while Carroll has been there is 11 points and that was the first season at Notre Dame. Every loss since then has been by single digits. USC may lose a few this year but they will never be anyones bitch. I am 40 years old and in those 40 years California has managed to beat USC just 6 times and have only 11 wins vs USC since the end of World War 2. I understand your ball hanging, Id be pissed too if the school I went to had been so owned by another school, I hate Notre Dame for a similar reason but to say that Cal is going to make a team that has beaten them 52 times in the last 63 years and the last 5 years straight "their bitch" is silly. But I guess silly is what you would expect when holding a conversation with a guy dressed like Robin Hood, green tights and all