tOfficial predict your team's record thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

tOfficial predict your team's record thread

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm not sure if we've had one of these yet, but since the season now looms right around the corner, let's do this.

9/5 vs Montana St: W 44-10
Meh, first D1AA ever on the schedule, but an important game for the qbs to see if anyone provides some separation, as Kirk Cousins and Keith Nichol are still in a heated battle.

9/12 vs Central Michigan: W 35-17
Lefevour is all they've got, and that's not enough.

9/19 @ Notre Dame: L 24-27
God, it pains me to predict this, and I've been toggling back and forth on it. MSU has owned South Bend (aka Spartan Stadium South) for years, but it's going to end at some point, and I fear their experience at some of the key positions will give them the slight edge.

9/26 @ Wisconsin: L 17-20
Never played well in Camp Randall, plus it's the Big Ten opener. MSU has got the talent to win, but this will be a tough environment and Wisky is out for revenge from last year's humiliating loss.

10/3 vs Michigan: W 24-13
Offense should be starting to come together at this point, and I don't see Michigan with their scatter brained offense doing too much against MSU's D.

10/10 @ Illinois: L 31-35
Possibly the best offense in the Big Ten, tough road game, experienced qb = loss.

10/17 vs Northwestern: W 20-14
N'western has really strengthened their defense, and MSU has struggled against them in the past, but I think that had more to do with lack of discipline and preparation. That won't be the case this time around, and Kafka at qb doesn't scare me as much as Bacher and Basanez once did.

10/24 vs Iowa: W 17-14
Typical low scoring slugfest. Hampton's out, Stanzi is effective but not a game changer, but defense will keep them in the game as per usual. Swenson kicks the game winner.

10/31 @ Minnesota: W 42-38
This game has bad omen written all over it. Minny is an improving program, and excitement is sky high there...night game, halloween night, brand new outdoor stadium...this isn't a trap game, but a straight up loseable game. They have a terrific qb/wr combo, but don't think they'll have the horses on D to keep up. MSU escapes in a shoot out.

11/7 vs WMU: W 36-20
Underrated team with balance. Hiller is a very good qb, possibly better than Lefevour. Injuries should benefit MSU this late in the season as they have very good depth. WMU will hang, but MSU pulls away in the 2nd half.

11/14 @ Purdue: W 37-17
Everything should be clicking at this point, and Purdue is a bottom feeder.

11/21 vs Penn St: W 23-21
Probably my only reach, but it's not THAT big of a reach. 10 returning starters for PSU, 17 for MSU. Though 11 games under PSU's belt might negate that a little bit. Will definitely need to get some breaks, will need to win the turnover battle and keep Royster in check, but it's doable.

9-3 (7-2)

8-4 is probably more likely, but I'm going the optimistic route.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: tOfficial predict your team's record thread

So you think LSU is going to beat Florida, beat Georgia on the road, beat Bama on the road...yet lose to Auburn at home? Whoa. I'd love to know the thought process there.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

09/05/09 vs. Northern Colorado - W
09/12/09 at UTEP - W
09/19/09 vs. Duke - W (Allen Fieldhouse is gonna be rockin' bay-beeeeee!)
09/26/09 vs. Southern Miss - W
10/10/09 vs. Iowa State - W
10/17/09 at Colorado - W
10/24/09 vs. Oklahoma - L
10/31/09 at Texas Tech - L (this stadium is a house of horrors)
11/07/09 at Kansas State - W
11/14/09 vs. Nebraska - L (hate to say this, but i think NU will be the surprise of the conf)
11/21/09 at Texas - L
11/28/09 vs. Missouri Kansas City, Mo. - W

8-4 overall, a disappointing 4-4 in conf and losing out on the Big XII championship game slot to NU.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

UCLA

San Diego St - W
At Tennesse - L
Kansas St - W
At Stanford - W
Oregon - L
Cal - L
At Arizona - W
At Oregon St - L
Washington - W
At Wash St - W
Arizona St - W
SuC - L

Could lose at Stanford, could beat Oregon or Cal at home.

7-5
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

10-2 for USC, with a more than decent possibility of a third loss.

With the injuries and suspensions mounting, combined with a rookie QB, I like their chances of going 9-3 better than I like their chances of going 11-1 or 12-0.

Yeah, I'll say 10-2.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc, in another thread a couple weeks ago - the same thread in which I went through LSU's, Florida's, Bama's, Penn St's and possibly one or two other teams' schedules - I also laid out USC's schedule.

It basically hinged on the Ohio St game, which I felt was a toss up. Nearly flipping a coin, I had USC losing that one by a hair, and with that loss I also had them losing at Cal. (This was also before Matt Barkley was named to be the starter at QB.)

Conversely, I said that if USC beats Ohio St they will be undefeated when they face Cal, at which point they would flat out roll Cal. Then I had them losing at Oregon.

Basically, I had them going 10-2 if they lost at Ohio St, and 11-1 if they won at Ohio St, but that was before all the injuries occured, and that was before our top CB was suspended for the season for academic ineligibility.

Now USC has to shift Josh Pinkard from safety over to corner, splitting up what was going to be the best safety tandem in the country, and now Will Harris, Pinkard's back up at safety, has to start alongside Taylor Mays.

Also, and this one might really hurt in Columbus, USC's center, All-American Christopher O'Dowd, he dislocated his kneecap. It's still unknown whether he'll be back in time for the Ohio St game.

This is beginning to feel like the '06 season, when Sam Baker was on again-off again injured all season long. The strength of USC this season is their nation's best O line, and it starts with O'Dowd at center. If he's not right this season then things won't go as planned, especially in combination with so many other injuries constantly being added to the daily news wire.

These things are why I now think a third loss is more likely than an 11-1 or 12-0 season. I won't be shocked if either thing happens, but I'll be less surprised by a relatively bad season than by another great season.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

S05 NEVADA This is a considerably better team than the San Diego State team we opened against last season. There's enough talent on Nevada's side of the ball to pull off the upset, but this is the one game on the schedule Weis can least afford to lose. I'm reasonably confident that we win, considerably less so that we cover the spread. W

S12 @ Michigan If the recent stories are to be believed, DickRod may have pretty close to a full-blown mutiny on his hands. I won't bury him just yet, but I think his timetable has been forced back a little of necessity. W

S19 MICHIGAN ST. Sparty has uncharacteristic pwnage in this series since '97 (although ND has won 3 of the last 4 on the road), and ND last won at home in this series in '93 (they didn't play in '95). Much as Mgo alluded, I think this is the year we break that streak. W

S26 @ Purdue Purdue is just horrible this year. Don't take my word for it, though -- ask Big Ten fan. W

03 WASHINGTON A once-proud program that's been in the dumps for awhile now. A new coach always brings new hope, but if Sarkisian can get it turned around, he'll need more time than this. W

O17 SOUTHERN CAL
O24 BOSTON COLLEGE

I grouped these games together because I see a split here no matter what.

Taking USC first, on paper this shapes up as ND's best chance to get a win in this series in quite awhile. They catch USC at home, coming off a bye week, have a good chance of entering the game undefeated, and USC is starting a true freshman at QB. OTOH, with USC at present, the cliche about reloading rather than rebuilding seems apropos.

If we somehow beat USC, Fredo looms the following week as the ultimate trap game. OTOH, should we lose to USC, there's a good chance that, for once, we come into the Fredo game every bit as fired up as they are.

Pending something more than what I've seen so far, I can't predict a win against USC in good faith. So based on that . . .

USC L
BC W

O31 Washington St. @ San Antonio Safest prediction for this game is that the "barnstorming" experience is going to leave a less-than-pleasant taste in the mouths of most, since this game is what that has produced. Should be an easy win for us. W

N07 NAVY About to start a new win streak against the Middies. W

N14 @ Pittsburgh Somewhere along the line, ND will lose at least one game this year that we should win. Wanny is a horrible coach, but many are predicting Pitt to win the Big East in a down year for that conference, and this game is on the road. This looks like as good a place on the schedule as any to call that particular shot. L

N21 CONNECTICUT If ND is 8-2 entering this game, as I predict, we have a shot at the BCS if we win out. UConn lost a lot of talent from last year's team, I don't think they'll be able to hang with us for 60 minutes this late in the season. W

N28 @ Stanford Harbaugh has this program on the upswing, but there's too much of a talent gap here to overcome, particularly if there's a possible BCS berth at stake for ND. W

So I'm going with 10-2 this season, although I suppose 9-3 or even 8-4 wouldn't surprise me terribly.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

8-4 worst case, 11-1 best case.

I'm going to be optimistic and pick 10-2.

The two losses come from these three games
@ Boise State
USC
Cal
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

JayDuck wrote:8-4 worst case, 11-1 best case.

I'm going to be optimistic and pick 10-2.

The two losses come from these three games
@ Boise State
USC
Cal

While I hate to say it, bro...

You're forgetting the "X Factor," a jinx to be reckoned with...

That hurt to see. At least they didn't rank the O at #1 -- a death sentence for your season.

BTW -- for the first few games, it's going to hurt a little that it isn't Max Unger snapping that ball -- a more reliable OLineman I have never seen.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wouldn't the "jinx" apply to about every decent team in cfb these days, since SI does about a gazillion regional covers?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wouldn't the "jinx" apply to about every decent team in cfb these days, since SI does about a gazillion regional covers?

In this crazy "Age of Information," surely some internet-addicted douchebag has some sort of stats on the veracity of the SI Jinx?
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Dinsdale wrote:

You can go ahead and be fearful of curses, jinxes and magic spells if you want, but there's simply no such thing. The last time we graced the cover of the SI college preview was before the 2001 Fiesta Bowl season.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I think we are better than the 4-8 (mainly due to schedule) from last year. I think the XII South will be tough, but not as tough as last year when we went 0-5. I think we win Baylor and/or tceh.

That being said, here's my predictions:

New Mexico - Cupcake #1 (W) 1-0 Texags.comFan says "Oh my. We DOMINATED them. The Crew is looking to be back!"
Utah St. - Cupcake #2 (W) 2-0 Texags.comFan says "We were supposed to kill them. Good parctice game for Arkansas!"
UAB - Cupcake #3 (W) 3-0 Texags.comFan says "Are we this year's Alabama?"
Arkansas (in Dallas) (reality sets in with a close loss - L) 3-1 Texags.comFan says "McGee would not have made those interceptions."
Oklahoma St - (embarrassment, again L) 3-2 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be looking at Tannehill."
@ Kansas St. - (first real road game, no Freeman, W) 4-2 Texags.comFan says "We're BOWLING baby! ALways had faith in Jerrod!"
@ taco tceh - (we never win there, L) 4-3 Texags.comFan says "They are so classless. They just want to be us."
Iowa State - (easy win, W) 5-3 Texags.comFan says "Why can't we play like that against taco tceh?!?!? :brad: "
@ Colorado - (coin toss, W) 6-3 Texags.comFan says "Well, we should beat Baylor at least to make a bowl game."
@ Oklahoma - (77-0 may be beat, L) 6-4 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be fired!"
Baylor - (24-21 Baylor, L) 6-5 Texags.comFan says "This is worse than the 84-0 last week! NO ONE LOSES TO BAYLOR!"
@ t.u. - (see OU game, L) 6-6 Texags.comFan says "R.C. never had a losing season in 14 years! Will he take the job back?"

So, 6-6 is what my head says. Anything better than that and I'd be surprised. My heart says we can pull out the tceh, Arkansas and/or Baylor games to turn that 6-6 into an 8-4/9-3 building momentum into next year when Bradford and McCoy will be gone. Yeah, they'll reload but it may be our chance. We'll have a veteran team, especially at the skill positions then.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Dinsdale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Wouldn't the "jinx" apply to about every decent team in cfb these days, since SI does about a gazillion regional covers?

In this crazy "Age of Information," surely some internet-addicted douchebag has some sort of stats on the veracity of the SI Jinx?
I don't have the stats, but last year's SI preview covers were Ohio State, USC, Florida and Missouri.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW -- playing 4 of the teams on that Top 20 list doesn't suck.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:BTW -- playing 4 of the teams on that Top 20 list doesn't suck.
Yeah, impressive, and that's not counting Cal who they don't even have in their top 20.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Btw, that Top 20 list there includes three Pac 10 teams...and none of 'em are Cal.

:lol:

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

IndyFrisco wrote:I think we are better than the 4-8 (mainly due to schedule) from last year. I think the XII South will be tough, but not as tough as last year when we went 0-5. I think we win Baylor and/or tceh.

That being said, here's my predictions:

New Mexico - Cupcake #1 (W) 1-0 Texags.comFan says "Oh my. We DOMINATED them. The Crew is looking to be back!"
Utah St. - Cupcake #2 (W) 2-0 Texags.comFan says "We were supposed to kill them. Good parctice game for Arkansas!"
UAB - Cupcake #3 (W) 3-0 Texags.comFan says "Are we this year's Alabama?"
Arkansas (in Dallas) (reality sets in with a close loss - L) 3-1 Texags.comFan says "McGee would not have made those interceptions."
Oklahoma St - (embarrassment, again L) 3-2 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be looking at Tannehill."
@ Kansas St. - (first real road game, no Freeman, W) 4-1 Texags.comFan says "We're BOWLING baby! ALways had faith in Jerrod!"
@ taco tceh - (we never win there, L) 3-3 Texags.comFan says "They are so classless. They just want to be us."
Iowa State - (easy win, W) 4-3 Texags.comFan says "Why can't we play like that against taco tceh?!?!? :brad: "
@ Colorado - (coin toss, W) 5-3 Texags.comFan says "Well, we should beat Baylor at least to make a bowl game."
@ Oklahoma - (77-0 may be beat, L) 5-4 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be fired!"
Baylor - (24-21 Baylor, L) 5-5 Texags.comFan says "This is worse than the 84-0 last week! NO ONE LOSES TO BAYLOR!"
@ t.u. - (see OU game, L) 5-7 Texags.comFan says "R.C. never had a losing season in 14 years! Will he take the job back?"

So, 5-7 is what my head says. Anything better than that and I'd be surprised. My heart says we can pull out the tceh, Arkansas and Baylor games to turn that 5-7 into an 8-4 building momentum into next year when Bradford and McCoy will be gone. Yeah, they'll reload but it may be our chance. We'll have a veteran team, especially at the skill positions then.
You said 5-7, but counting up your predictions you actually came up with 6-6. Somewhere between Kansas State and Taco Tech you dropped a win from your record.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:BTW -- playing 4 of the teams on that Top 20 list doesn't suck.
Yeah, impressive, and that's not counting Cal who they don't even have in their top 20.

It seems kinda nutty to have the Sheepfuckers ranked ahead of Kaltool. ntOSU returns their QBs, but they suck. Is it better to go with known, experienced quantities, or an unknown with talent?

I dunno.

But, they do bring back the Electric Midget and his playmaking big bro, and those guys can just about win a game or two by themselves.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Is it better to go with known, experienced quantities, or an unknown with talent?
I dunno but my team holds the perfect example of how that will play out.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Is it better to go with known, experienced quantities, or an unknown with talent?
How's this for an answer: I'd still rather have Mark Sanchez than Matt Barkley behind center this year.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:You said 5-7, but counting up your predictions you actually came up with 6-6. Somewhere between Kansas State and Taco Tech you dropped a win from your record.
Fixed.

I had changed one of my initial predictions and put the W/L in the wrong column and fucked it all to hell. :doh:

(btw, We'd probably win whatever shit bowl we'd go to simply because it would be against a shitty team so make that 6-7)
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the Duck SI thing is one of four regional covers (with Ole Miss, Penn St., and Ok State). i don't think the jinx applies.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

6-6 with a MNC

sin,

M2OOOOLIO

I predict OSU going 11-1 or 10-2...if they beat USC (which I think they will) 11-1 is certainly in the cards (PSU game just scares me for some reason)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:
How's this for an answer: I'd still rather have Mark Sanchez than Matt Barkley behind center this year.
Of course, but that wouldn't really apply since Sanchez returning would've guaranteed both experience and talent.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well then, dammit.

:)

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i see both Aggie fan and Kansas fan giving themselves W's in Boulder. pretty generous, guys. my CU buddies are talking 8-9 wins...which doesn't leave much room for losses at home. and they are seeing A&M as a W for sure. and feel like they should have won last year at Kyle, which they should have *if* they were a good team.

wtf, i'll do Colorado.

CSU: W
@Toledo: W (but, kind of a trap game on a short week...Buffs play CSU rivalry Sunday and then @Toledo Friday).
Wyoming: W
@West Virginia: L (last year, these two teams combined for one of the ugliest games i've seen since the Callahan era NU-Pitt game in Lincoln...with WVU fucking up last to steal defeat from the jaws of victory)

now it gets tricky since i don't think anyone REALLY knows what to expect from this team, Cody (who hasn't been named the starter.....haha), staff, and the supposed "new" smashmouth running attack...

@Texas: Big L
KU: L (i think KU is the best team in the North, but has the toughest schedule. this is early enough the Jayhawks shouldn't be beat up yet).
@KSU: will the CU staff FINALLY show it can get a W against equal or even lesser talent on the road?: W (but, who knows?)
Missouri: tossup: W (either payback for the last two years of anal intrusion at the hands of Chase Daniel or CU's DC still hasn't figured out that dropping 9 and still giving up the deep ball is a bad plan with even worse execution. however, too many ?'s for Mizzou on Halloween).
ATM: W
@ISU: ISU has given the Buffs fits for the last decade....but, with my KSU comment in mind: W
@OSU: Big L
Nebraska: tossup: L

7-5 and the Independence Bowl against Vanderbilt or Tennessee. but, the wiggle room to win 5 or 8-9 is mos def there.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote:i see both Aggie fan and Kansas fan giving themselves W's in Boulder.
If it weren't for the respective head coaches, i'd pencil it in as an L.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

10-2

We'll lose to Ohio State and one other team just because we're not quite good enough to go 11-1 or 12-0. Either Michigan State or maybe an early season slipup against Arizona. Never know, maybe even Iowa State. Weird shit happens against them.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

TheJON wrote:Never know, maybe even Iowa State. Weird shit happens against them.
Like ISU morphing into the '72 Dolphins before they take the field?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

9/6 - Colorado St. W
9/11 - @Toledo W
9/19 - Wyoming W
10/1 @WVU L
10/10 @Texas L
10/17 Kansas W
10/24 @KSU L
10/31 Missouri W
11/7 Texas A&M W
11/14 @Iowa St. W
11/19 @Oklahoma St. L
11/27 Nebraska W

I originally had the K-State game as a win, but then I realized that would have CU finishing 9-3, which is pretty fucking ridiculous, even in a thread where blatant homerism is expected. Regardless, I don't really view this as a prediction as much as a mandate. I understand that Hawk's prediction of 10 wins was more of a motivational tactic to fire up the boosters, but if the Buffs can't win at least 8 games this year (including a potential bowl game) with one of their more favorable schedules in recent memory, then Hawk needs to be let go.
"Keys, woman!"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

L45B wrote:
TheJON wrote:Never know, maybe even Iowa State. Weird shit happens against them.
Like ISU morphing into the '72 Dolphins before they take the field?
I'm just saying, fucked up shit happens in this series sometimes- especially in Ames.

2 years ago they beat us with 5 field goals from Brett Culbertson- a kid who was well below 50% in his career and even had problems kicking extra points. They threw a 40 yard pass on 3rd down to get into FG range to a true freshman converted WR. I believe it was their biggest play from scrimmage of the season. Got them in FG range to kick a game winner from a guy that was 0-2 in his career in game winning FG's (both kicks of shorter distance).

I do not take Iowa State for granted anymore. They can, and have, beat us. Plus, for the first 2 games we will be starting a fan from the stands at CB! Our #2 corner is out for the year and his backup is suspended the first 2 games. ISU has some good skill position talent and a solid QB. They will undoubtedly try and exploit that and I bet they have some success with it. I expect to win this game, but that's not to say the Clowns can't pull off the upset.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

9/6 - Colorado St. W
9/11 - @Toledo W
9/19 - Wyoming W
10/1 @WVU L
10/10 @Texas L
10/17 Kansas W
10/24 @KSU L
10/31 Missouri W
11/7 Texas A&M W
11/14 @Iowa St. W
11/19 @Oklahoma St. L
11/27 Nebraska W
Mike, you are drunk! There is NO WAY in hell CU beats Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri. I know they're home games, but you'll probably go 1-2 in those games with 2-1 best case scenario. Colorado is a 5-7 win team. 7-5 is the absolute best I could see this team doing even with a pretty weak schedule. I will go with 6-6 and they get back to a bowl game that no Colorado fan shows up for and then fires Dan Hawkins.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

With the coaching turnover, the player turnover, the injured players and the ineligible players USC will be lucky to make it to 8-4 this year. Probable losses, Ohio State, Cal, Notre Dame and Oregon all on the road. I hope Im wrong though and they go 12-0 or 11-2
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

TheJON wrote:
9/6 - Colorado St. W
9/11 - @Toledo W
9/19 - Wyoming W
10/1 @WVU L
10/10 @Texas L
10/17 Kansas W
10/24 @KSU L
10/31 Missouri W
11/7 Texas A&M W
11/14 @Iowa St. W
11/19 @Oklahoma St. L
11/27 Nebraska W
Mike, you are drunk! There is NO WAY in hell CU beats Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri. I know they're home games, but you'll probably go 1-2 in those games with 2-1 best case scenario. Colorado is a 5-7 win team. 7-5 is the absolute best I could see this team doing even with a pretty weak schedule. I will go with 6-6 and they get back to a bowl game that no Colorado fan shows up for and then fires Dan Hawkins.
Like I said, man, more of a mandate than a prediction...
"Keys, woman!"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Taking off the "what I wanna see" goggles.......

What do you see the Buff's doing this year and is Dan Hawkins your coach at this time next year?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SoCalTrjn wrote:With the coaching turnover, the player turnover, the injured players and the ineligible players USC will be lucky to make it to 8-4 this year. Probable losses, Ohio State, Cal, Notre Dame and Oregon all on the road. I hope Im wrong though and they go 12-0 or 11-2
9-3 more likely. I doubt USC loses 4 games. Of those 4 tough road games, they will win 1-2 of them. Lucky to be 8-4? Come on now, that's silly. Injuries and off field problems don't change the fact that this is still an incredibly talented ballclub.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote: Mike, you are drunk! There is NO WAY in hell CU beats Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri.
i think it's possible. i think there's a chance this team might be pretty good. but, this staff has pissed themselves so many times and talked like they are re-inventing football the next day it's hard to know. Hawkins came in talking about *his* Boise playbook and, after changing offenses every year so far, that's pretty much been shown to be BS. so, who knows with Hawk? He insists he's got some kind of formula and it's slowly being implemented. i'm always suspicious of guys who talk (more than necessary) about how "they haven't even installed x% of the playbook" as if that automatically means they are smart fucking guys destined to win.

if CU is 4-2 after the KU game, a good year. 3-3, they'll be on the fence for being above .500...possibly coming down to the NU game.
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

TheJON wrote:
Taking off the "what I wanna see" goggles.......

What do you see the Buff's doing this year and is Dan Hawkins your coach at this time next year?
I think the potential is there to win 9 games, but there is also the potential to go 5-7 or 6-6. CU should at least start off 3-0, and if they can turn that momentum into an upset of WVU, then very, very good things could happen for them. However, if they lose to WVU and Texas as expected, then lose to Kansas at home, I could see the season taking a serious nosedive. Kansas, KSU, Mizzou and aTm are all very beatable, but they're also all very capable of beating CU. I have seen ISU pull the same "Jeckyll & Hyde" halftime transformation that you have, so we both know that they are capable of pulling off some unlikely upsets. As far as the Nebraska game goes, I don't care if they're the preseason consensus #1, I have never and will never predict anything but a CU win in that game. Some myopia just runs too deep to overcome.

All that said, I think 7-5 is realistic, and if they went on to win their bowl game, that would also fulfill my requirement for 8 wins.

Sadly, unless there is just a complete implosion a la 2006, I think Hawkins will be the coach next year even if they only win 5 games. Mike Bohn (CU's AD) seems pretty sold on him, for whatever reason. Obviously, there would be a buyout involved if they fired him, and they're still reeling from the financial hit they took when they canned Barnett. So Hawkins would have to fuck up big time to lose his job.

Honestly, my biggest fear is that they only finish 6-6 or 5-7 this year. If they don't show improvement, I'd rather they just completely collapse so we can get on with yet another "rebuilding" effort, rather than watch Hawk spin his wheels for another 2 or 3 season before they finally cut him loose.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:i see both Aggie fan and Kansas fan giving themselves W's in Boulder. pretty generous, guys. my CU buddies are talking 8-9 wins...which doesn't leave much room for losses at home. and they are seeing A&M as a W for sure. and feel like they should have won last year at Kyle, which they should have *if* they were a good team.

wtf, i'll do Colorado.

CSU: W
@Toledo: W (but, kind of a trap game on a short week...Buffs play CSU rivalry Sunday and then @Toledo Friday).
Wyoming: W
@West Virginia: L (last year, these two teams combined for one of the ugliest games i've seen since the Callahan era NU-Pitt game in Lincoln...with WVU fucking up last to steal defeat from the jaws of victory)

now it gets tricky since i don't think anyone REALLY knows what to expect from this team, Cody (who hasn't been named the starter.....haha), staff, and the supposed "new" smashmouth running attack...

@Texas: Big L
KU: L (i think KU is the best team in the North, but has the toughest schedule. this is early enough the Jayhawks shouldn't be beat up yet).
@KSU: will the CU staff FINALLY show it can get a W against equal or even lesser talent on the road?: W (but, who knows?)
Missouri: tossup: W (either payback for the last two years of anal intrusion at the hands of Chase Daniel or CU's DC still hasn't figured out that dropping 9 and still giving up the deep ball is a bad plan with even worse execution. however, too many ?'s for Mizzou on Halloween).
ATM: W
@ISU: ISU has given the Buffs fits for the last decade....but, with my KSU comment in mind: W
@OSU: Big L
Nebraska: tossup: L

7-5 and the Independence Bowl against Vanderbilt or Tennessee. but, the wiggle room to win 5 or 8-9 is mos def there.
Colorado goes 4-8 and starts the coaching search again IMHO...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.