So...how you spending your last weekend WITHOUT football?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

So...how you spending your last weekend WITHOUT football?

Post by Moby Dick »

for the next 5 months?

Poker tournaments for me...and yardwork.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: So...how you spending your last weekend WITHOUT football?

Post by Killian »

Softball tournament to try to qualify for our super world berth. Luckily this year Super Worlds fall on a bye week.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Killian, what classification? We played USSSA C back a few years ago...made it to the regionals in Sterling Hts...couple years later couple of our guys won an NSA C world...

miss playing softball sometimes
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i got to do some work on Sunday, but was off today and went to lunch at my buddy Giuseppe's restaurant. On Friday's they have a killer Central American ever-so-lightly panko battered tilapia with lemon, fried plantains, black beans and rice with a shredded beef, carrot and pepper gravy. Giuseppe and Marta (Italian, Costa Rican--hence the tilapia dish) have just earned US citizenship so i went to offer them congrats. we had a coffee and chilled. saw my vatos in the kitchen. i used to work for G a decade ago when he was the chef at an italian joint in Downtown Boulder. now, he owns his own little italian place off the grid a bit. good people, good restaurant. no frills, good food and affordable wine. they do some central american stuff at lunch sometimes but it's italian at night.

worked on my bike a little. go for a ride of some kind tomorrow. kick it. might have some beers and a couple whiskys tonight, maybe not.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Finishing updating the T1B Pick'em program. :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Hanging out with the girlfriend and working on a tedious feature about some mediocre local band. Gonna try to catch Inglourious Basterds at some point. Might get in a few reps on NCAA 10 if I have time...
"Keys, woman!"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

on the beach conditioning for my younger sons pop warner team saturday morning, 2 hours of running, crawling, sprinting in the sand. Ill take the older son so at least he will be in better shape, not too thrilled with the coaches on that team, he hasnt lost a regular season game in 2 years, the coach this year said he was hoping theyd go 7-3, thats unacceptable
BBQ at the wifes parents in Nellie Gail on Sat Night
Both boys have their 3500 m swim sunday and school starts on Monday for them
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Killian, what classification? We played USSSA C back a few years ago...made it to the regionals in Sterling Hts...couple years later couple of our guys won an NSA C world...

miss playing softball sometimes
C worlds in '06? My good buddy had the walk-off hit to win a ring! I live 15 mins from Liberty Park.

We're playing NSA D because worlds and supers are close this year. Our utrip team folder, which sucks because D worlds are at Liberty this year.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

SoCalTrjn wrote:on the beach conditioning for my younger sons pop warner team saturday morning, 2 hours of running, crawling, sprinting in the sand. Ill take the older son so at least he will be in better shape, not too thrilled with the coaches on that team, he hasnt lost a regular season game in 2 years, the coach this year said he was hoping theyd go 7-3, thats unacceptable
Might as well get them used to the cortisone shot now. And hey, if your league isn't testing for banned substances, well... I'm just sayin'

Losing is unacceptable, after all
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Mercy is for the weak.

SWEEP THE LEG!!!!!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jsc810 wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:on the beach conditioning for my younger sons pop warner team saturday morning, 2 hours of running, crawling, sprinting in the sand. Ill take the older son so at least he will be in better shape, not too thrilled with the coaches on that team, he hasnt lost a regular season game in 2 years, the coach this year said he was hoping theyd go 7-3, thats unacceptable
I will spend at least part of my weekend being thankful that my kids are not exposed to an asshole like SoCalTrjn, and will also feel sad for his kids and the kids that he "coaches".

You need to fundamentally change how you coach. Better yet, get out of coaching all together, at least don't coach kids.
Yeah cause coaching the team to 10-0 every year makes me horrible, tonight was the last week of 5 practices a week, we only have a few more weeks of 3 practices before we have to GATA on the field. this team is going to be agile, mobile and most certainly hostile
War Time, lets take it outside
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nah, he's not trolling at all. Of course he's not.

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

My kid's team has a scrimmage this morning against the other three teams in his division, then a cookout for all teams.

Tomorrow there's a car wash as a fundraiser for the league, then his team is having its own cookout afterward.

Best decision we ever made was putting him in youth football in the next town over instead of the town where we live. There are only about 15 kids to a team, so everyone gets lots of playing time. He's learned so much more this way.

Last year was a pretty steep learning curve for him, his first year playing organized football and because he's a big kid for his age, he also was one of the youngest kids at his level. This year he's bigger, stronger and more confident in what he's doing. It's his time to shine. Last year of youth football as well -- he'll be over the weight limit next year, so he'll have to play modified football (he should, given that he'll be going into 7th grade).

And as a bonus, he doesn't have Schmick coaching him. His coach works the kids hard, but won't blow a gasket if they lose a game.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

good stuff Terry. So glad its working out for your boy. Please keep us posted with updates through out the season.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The summer hasn't been all that bad with the Tigers holding the division lead. I definitely didn't miss football after the year my pro and college teams had...a collective 3-25 record. I'm excited for the fall with football fast approaching and hockey around the corner. It's a great time of year with the fall/winter sports kicking off and baseball winding down to the postseason.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:My kid's team has a scrimmage this morning against the other three teams in his division, then a cookout for all teams.

Tomorrow there's a car wash as a fundraiser for the league, then his team is having its own cookout afterward.

Best decision we ever made was putting him in youth football in the next town over instead of the town where we live. There are only about 15 kids to a team, so everyone gets lots of playing time. He's learned so much more this way.

Last year was a pretty steep learning curve for him, his first year playing organized football and because he's a big kid for his age, he also was one of the youngest kids at his level. This year he's bigger, stronger and more confident in what he's doing. It's his time to shine. Last year of youth football as well -- he'll be over the weight limit next year, so he'll have to play modified football (he should, given that he'll be going into 7th grade).

And as a bonus, he doesn't have Schmick coaching him. His coach works the kids hard, but won't blow a gasket if they lose a game.
My team is cut down to 19 players now, like to heep them team at 20 or so because of the minimal play rule. Thats why there is such an emphasis on conditioning, most the teams we play have 25-30 players and can spell tired players easier, my boys cant afford to be tired. The kids have learned all the fundamentals and we have sent them to 2 camps as a team this year, one that just deals with how to tackle properly. Work hard all of August for 10 sundays of glory where they get to GATA. Theyre 6th and 7th graders, Id put them up against your kids team anyday
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Did all the cleaning that needed to be done. Went grocery shopping today. Going to fire up the grill this evening. Beers getting cold in the fridge.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Rack the Cobra Kai blast...

Killian...not sure of the year...loved Liberty park...great complex...went 2-2 when we went USSSA C...not bad...got hammered by 4M Sports Cafe (#4 team in the region that year)...we had about 5 college baseball players on our team and we were pretty good...but they were UNREAL...good times...good times...

My son is playing flag football 4-6 age group...he LOVES it...coach is great and he enjoys the running and being part of a team...the coach really is pushing hard for TEACHING them and encouraging them which I love...the only thing he is a Gator fan...oh well...
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Thursday: Watched D2 College football. Abilene Christian beat Northwest Missouri State
Friday: Played Golf
Saturday: Watched some more D2 Football online and then listened to the UNA game on the radio.
Sunday: Yard Work and watched the end of the Barclay's

So y'alls last weekend without football had me watching College Football. Rack D2 Football for starting a week early!
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

http://www.hoodtocoast.com/

Fucking tired as all hell.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Nice, JayDuck.

Sahkuh tournament in triple digit temps in South Orange County. SoCalToejam's "beach" boys are pussies compared to the 13 y.o. girls I coach who played four 60 minute matches with just one sub. Sunday's two matches were back-to-back on new turf fields that'll grill your feet quicker than Mikey's BBQ. Hotter than all fuck.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

socal wrote:Nice, JayDuck.

Sahkuh tournament in triple digit temps in South Orange County. SoCalToejam's "beach" boys are pussies compared to the 13 y.o. girls I coach who played four 60 minute matches with just one sub. Sunday's two matches were back-to-back on new turf fields that'll grill your feet quicker than Mikey's BBQ. Hotter than all fuck.
Its glorified keep away, soccer players are as tough as synchronized swimmers, only the soccer players fake more injuries.

Ill match my 11-12 year old boys up against those 13 year old girls, they can play 30 minutes of diveball and then pad up and play 24 minutes of football, goals and TDs count as 1 point